Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-22-2010, 07:59 AM   #29
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Buy her one also, problem solved ....
Old 11-22-2010, 08:06 AM   #30
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnoopster View Post
Hmmm... I say you two should visit the the former drill sergeant therapist

This kills me every time I see it.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:21 AM   #31
SS4Fun
and that it is!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/ SLP ZL575 #70
Just sit in the back next time.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:22 AM   #32
INTIMIDAT3R
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99, '12 2LS LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogey View Post
My wife and I have been married 33 years. She is, or used to be, depending on my mood, an excellant driver. This weekend due to unusual circumatance we had to make an 8 hour drive. After 5 hours I turned the car over to her for a couple of hours. She now tells me that the whole time she had a death grip on the wheel and was uptight because I did things like put my foot down (the imaginary brake pedal) and "grimaced" and that she hated the drive. What she doesn't know is that I have been doing that for several years now, mainly because she drives too damn slow, and also slams on the Brembos everytime she stops instead of anticipating the stop and slowing down a little.
She blames all of this on my love for the Camaro. Apparently, with our other cars she din't give a shite if she mashed them into something, it's "just you and that damn Camaro".
Should I get rid of her, or the Camaro, or is there a therapist out there that can give me some advice.

Take her set of Camaro keys, buy her a freaking Yugo, and NEVER let her behind the wheel of your car again.
INTIMIDAT3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:32 AM   #33
hotrodhoodrat
hotrodhoodratz

Drives: 68' & 70' Pontiac's /2004 D. Dakota
Quote:
My wife and I have been married 33 years. She is, or used to be, depending on my mood, an excellant driver. This weekend due to unusual circumatance we had to make an 8 hour drive. After 5 hours I turned the car over to her for a couple of hours. She now tells me that the whole time she had a death grip on the wheel and was uptight because I did things like put my foot down (the imaginary brake pedal) and "grimaced" and that she hated the drive. What she doesn't know is that I have been doing that for several years now, mainly because she drives too damn slow, and also slams on the Brembos everytime she stops instead of anticipating the stop and slowing down a little.
She blames all of this on my love for the Camaro. Apparently, with our other cars she din't give a shite if she mashed them into something, it's "just you and that damn Camaro".
Should I get rid of her, or the Camaro, or is there a therapist out there that can give me some advice.
For one, you are working on a 33 year marriage "congrats !", that's tough now days, you have all that work & time & money spent, you could of bought 4 or 5 Camaro's (just a thought), but really you gotta love your wife or why be with her that long or the other way around ., Shes your best friend, is she not " I would hope ? ".
The second thing that comes to mind, your wife must be a bit jealous of your Camaro to make statements like that, you need to make a balance between the two, let her feel she is just as important to you as the Camaro, help her through it, don't get pissed if she makes mistakes, I make mistakes all the time and don't own up to them, but I'm trying too now days, I found it is much easier to learn from my mistakes than to hide them.
You & her need to see a Dr., it could be worth it, unless you think, you and her can work it out, together ? I hope this helps.
Ohh he he he... maybe get her the vert that's coming out (problem solved). lol's
Old 11-22-2010, 08:33 AM   #34
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
my wife does the same thing, she gets uptight about driving the car with me in it. one night she was my designated driver and she said it was fun to drive because i was too drunk to care about the car lol. I think secretly she would love to be driving the camaro but she likes her equinox alot too. both were bought the same day so no one has a newer car
Old 11-22-2010, 09:18 AM   #35
sad54189
U.S. Navy Veteran

Drives: SS/RS Cyber Grey W/ Black Stripes
Quote:
Do what I do DON'T let her drive.

U.S. Navy Veteran
sad54189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:24 AM   #36
Johnnyma45
Former Camaro Owner

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger R/T
Quote:
After 5 hours I turned the car over to her for a couple of hours.
Well that's the problem right there! But yea, we were running errands this weekend, wifey got in too quick and bonked her head on the roof, and muttered "I hate this f*ing car." I didn't appreciate that very much and let her know that, and she apologized and took it back. See, communication is key!
Old 11-22-2010, 10:07 AM   #37
Mac1

Drives: 2004 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by rally yellow ss rs View Post
Not all, but majority of women are extreamist...I tell mine to quit driving with her emotions. When she is pissed its speed like crazy and stomp on breaks after waiting till the last minute to do that. When she is chill and calm its driving like someone that has some sense. I cant close my eyes on road trips with her because she gets mad that I get to get shut eye and she is having to drive. She could be relaxing the whole trip but after 10 hours and I ask for a 1-2 hour nap while she drives...your asking too much. Fact is, if it does bother you, dont have her drive. She may actually be doing this because she knows it gets to you and knows you will not make her drive now. Gotta love em...
Wife needs therapy regarding passive-agressiveness.
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:12 AM   #38
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Everyone missed the obvious. Married 33 years? MENOPAUSE!
Just my breathing pisses off my wife one minute and has her crying the next. Don't worry, it will be over in about 5 years.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:21 AM   #39
wrbear
Banned

Drives: 2010, 2SS, IOM/CGM Stripes, 4/24/10
Why do most husbands die before their wives?

because they want to.

I took the passenger seat out and told the wife it was a factory recalled defect.....been working so far....

Really though the wife does not like my driving but she adapts because she doesn't like to drive either.
wrbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:28 AM   #40
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
My wife also refuses to drive my Camaro. I wanted to teach her how to drive a stick, but she doesn't want to risk breaking anything!
Old 11-22-2010, 11:33 AM   #41
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnoopster View Post
Hmmm... I say you two should visit the the former drill sergeant therapist

Ya Jackwagon! LOL

Keep the car. The wife'll get over it.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:33 AM   #42
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10 View Post
Women are great and I love them and all but, your car won't make you sleep on the couch or smack you in the back of the head for looking at another car. With 33 years under your belt, you may want to just have a drink before you ride with her. This is the exact reason I bought a manual. Poor wife can't drive it.....
Exactly, Married for 12 years, got 5 kids, and bought a car that the family cant fit in and the wife cant drive... Finally something for me. She doesnt like the car anyway...its too loud and not as smooth as her sequoia.
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote