Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-22-2011, 09:34 PM   #29
BigDan

Drives: bug
Try searching the Summit site or search them on youtube for ideas since you can custom build your own and send it back to get welded if you like. You can even do a custom dual polished ram air.
http://www.summitracing.com/search/B...eyword=spectre

It sounds like you as well as I are OVER the torque thrusts. You have such a bad ass engine and I think the whole project deserves something better then tired played out torque thrusts. Why don't you post them for sale on craigslist and get something that doesn't scream typical 90's billet resto.
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:53 PM   #30
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
Try searching the Summit site or search them on youtube for ideas since you can custom build your own and send it back to get welded if you like. You can even do a custom dual polished ram air.
http://www.summitracing.com/search/B...eyword=spectre

It sounds like you as well as I are OVER the torque thrusts. You have such a bad ass engine and I think the whole project deserves something better then tired played out torque thrusts. Why don't you post them for sale on craigslist and get something that doesn't scream typical 90's billet resto.
If I told you how long this project had been going on you would understand. It has been over 5 years.

When I started this project I was a little naive and I " Trusted" this shop. Now I must say the work is great but not really fast. Things that were great over 5 years ago aren't that great right now. I have a Ford 9" rear, it was great back then, but Chevy offers so much more now. Not to mention the money I have in it. As you can tell by the pictures it is no where near ready to drive.

At this point All I want is it running and driving. Once it is in my possession then I can change somethings to a more modern/better product. just like my stereo system, it is 7 years old, LOL yes it does have a CD but tht is about it, so once I get it back that is easliy changable, like rims and tires etc...

If I had it to do over again I would not have went with Street and Performance Fuel Injection. It looks great but not alot of people can tune it, you can not use EFI Live and they kind of have their own stuff to tune with so it makes it kind of hard to change things lik cams etc....

He has until Feb 28, 2011 at 5:00 pm to deliver my truck or Redneck can of Ass Whoopin is getting opened and I am going to poor it all over his shop, enough is enough. Hell GM designed and built and delivered my car before he fixed my truck, I think I have been patient enough, LOL
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:52 PM   #31
BigDan

Drives: bug
I feel your pain, my LS1 Rockcrawler is going on 6 year's now and been out of my hands for the last 2, and what was cool then is old school now.
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:30 PM   #32
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Weekly Update

Well the saga continues for Mr. Hyde.

This week has come and gone and the new parts have arrived from LMC Truck, the powder coating has returned and things are started to take shape. With only 30 days lefy on the deadline it seems like they will have to pick up the pace to accomplish the mission, but I have been reassured that we will be finished with time to spare, yeah right, I am just hoping for their sake that when Feb 28 arrives it is completed. So here are some pic's of the progress.
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2011, 06:59 PM   #33
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Weekly Friday Update 2-4-11 24 days to go

Ok Sports fan the weekly Friday update is upon us. 24 more day until the due date is upon us. Things are starting to look up.

Rear end has been painted, trailing arms have been boxed welded painted and the rear has been completly installed. The rear panhard bar is being chromed and a substitute was installed so that it could be set.

All the llle parts are going on and have been powder coated. Instrument cluster has been built and pre-wired. Bed is in the final buffing stages before being attached to the frames. So enjoy the pictures.
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2011, 01:54 PM   #34
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
That's a great project and story! Subscribed!
Old 02-07-2011, 10:43 AM   #35
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Thanks Norm. It has been a long time coming on this project and I mean a very long time.

Excitement is starting to build as Feb 28 draw near and each Friday brings anticiaption to a new level. Some weeks big things are done and it appears to be going fast and then the little tedious things have to be put in order and the progress seems to slow tremendously. But once again I have been reassured that Feb 28 it will be completed and I will get to drive it home. For their sake I hope they are right.

Few more interesting facts about the truck. It has a Gen 4 Vintage Air A/C unit in it. Gen 4 units are 4 bigger cars but I like mine cold so A/C should be a problem at all in this truck. I was a little concerned about it because of all the metal and the little amount of insulation that the truck has so I went with a bigger A/C unit.

All exterior parts are being powder coated like hinges, door strikers, hood latches and such because of the durability issues that powder coating offers.

The inner fenders both front and rear, plus the bottom of the cab have been lined with a sound deadening material similiar to a bed liner material but it has a more rubber consistency to it. It adds a little better sound deadening property but it also add a great deal of protection on the underside of the fenders from rock chips or pings, so that I will not dent the fenders by a slung rock or pebble.

Last edited by Dr Jkel; 02-07-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:32 AM   #36
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Nice truck!!! Can't wait to see it finished...
Old 02-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #37
BFxenon.com
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Love it!! My father-in-law has a 69 we are going to get into rebuilding soon as he decides to retire! haha. Looks like a fun project you got there!
BFxenon.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:49 AM   #38
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Well went to the wonderful DMV to get my truck registered yesterday and get my personal tag ordered and was kinda bummed out since MR HYDE was already taken it seems. I ended up having to go with MR HIDE instead so I guess the meaning is still there of Dr Jkel and Mr Hide. My little boys still think it's cool so I guess that is all that matters in the grand sheme of things since they will probably own these things at some point in the future.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:34 AM   #39
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
From your sig
Quote:
3800, Order produced - 6-13-09
My 42d birthday. Sorry, I know WAY off topic! How about MSTR HYD, or M HYDE, or just plain HYDE?
Old 02-08-2011, 10:47 AM   #40
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Cool truck John. That is going to look fantastic! Hurry up and finish it though because you have that black bad boy waiting to get restored....
Old 02-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #41
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I don't know how you can manage modding more than 1 vehicle. I couldn't afford to do so many. By "afford" I mean the time or the money!

I love the candy-apple-red color of the truck.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:11 AM   #42
hamr56

Drives: 11 2SS/RS, 56 Chevy Bel Air 2DR HT
Your going to love the CPP brake booster and master cylinder! I have those on my car and the brake system really works well. Wished I would have painted mine after seeing yours. See what your doing John!

Glad to see it coming together for you.