Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-18-2011, 12:10 PM   #29
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
It happens to anyone driving a V8 powered sports/muscle car. It's not like the Camaro is the only car this happens to. I will say I rarely get messed with by ricers though, maybe it has something to do with the exhaust setup I have, my car sounds meaner than it is.

Funny story... One day me and the wife are just driving along normally and we see this ricer acting a fool, darting in and out of traffic, etc. So I make my way up next to him (safely, he kept getting caught at lights) and pace him. He keeps slowing down hoping I'll go away. So I kept slowing down too. Finally after I had him going 20 in a 45, I drove off laughing at him.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #30
Havok

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT RS
No one ever seems to want to race me, and to me thats a good thing because honestly I'm not going to race anyways. One time my coworker was behind me at a red light with a car on the right of me (two lanes that can turn left). Apprently he saw the guy just keep stearing at me reving his engine, and I was looking at the light not caring and he took off. I didn't even notice any of it. I got better things to worry about then racing people, and I feel if you need to try to show off your car that much than you're probably not working with much.

Edit: Plus to me people always want to talk about their wins, never their losses. I mean if I was to beat someone I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be like "OMG I RACED A CAMARO AND LOST", but if they were to win then they'd be like "OMG I JUST RACED A CAMARO AND SMOKED HIM".
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:12 PM   #31
Cristoff

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS in Red Jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by bummlb View Post
Get used to it. It's an SS.
It really has little to do with it being an SS. I have an 2LT and get it all the time as well.

Most morons couldn't tell the difference between the two if you asked them. Besides the faux intake "mail slot" and the badging, you would never know what's under the hood, and most people that don't own one wouldn't know what to look for.

I get at least 2 people a day on my commute trying to pull that crap.

Last edited by Cristoff; 02-18-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Cristoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:19 PM   #32
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
I haven't notice it and I live in Ricer Town USA. Only time someone tried to race me in my SS was when an unfriendly guy in a brand new SS wanted to show off . Well, he learned an embarassing lesson when he got left behind in a hurry. I still regret doing that. No one has tried to race me in my GT500..they would win.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:23 PM   #33
Shu71

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS M6
Same thing happened when I drove my 69 Camaro or my 71 Chevelle or even my Harley Sportster with the nitrous on it. It's all about driving a vehicle which exhibits the fast persona. By driving a vehicle like this you have to accept the persona or find something else to drive. Why complain though? I see it as men are competitive by nature and this is just another area that trait shows.

Last edited by Shu71; 02-18-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Shu71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:27 PM   #34
JSC81

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
The same thing that causes people to start running their mouth after you are introduced at a party and they mention you are/were in the military. LITTLE MAN SYNDROME. They feel like they have something to prove. "I'm not in the military but I'm just as tough as him." "I don't have a Camaro SS but my Dodge Dakota is just a fast." Same disease.
Hit the nail on the head. I dont even like to go out when i'm home on leave because of the whole military thing. I'm the type that no one would ever know I was in the military. Family tend to like to put it out because they are proud etc. It's exactly the small penis little man syndrome.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:50 PM   #35
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Funny, the folks I get the most of this from these days are Gen5 Camaro owners. Go figure.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:20 PM   #36
first one

Drives: SSRS - black, GFX, SSX wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC81 View Post
Hit the nail on the head. I dont even like to go out when i'm home on leave because of the whole military thing. I'm the type that no one would ever know I was in the military. Family tend to like to put it out because they are proud etc. It's exactly the small penis little man syndrome.
I have never seen this with military people, at least around here. All I see is respect for them!!! Yeah, sometimes if you're in the military your of a different breed, but I see no disrespect only admiration. Personally, I want bad azzes in the military, they're protecting me and my country. So I guess if you have the combination of disrespect, small brain, and a small wee wee then your bound to pick on anyone that threatens to call your inferior attributes out or they're just compensating for their lack there of.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:23 PM   #37
Tigg
Irreverent Schmoe

Drives: Black 2010 2SS
I get the jerks who wanna race all the time.. I say if they want to know how good a Camaro runs..let them go buy their own...
Old 02-18-2011, 04:26 PM   #38
Scottishgames
Suck'n Gas And Haul'n Ass

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS - 1936 Chevy Streetrod
Its not just the Camaro.
I get rice burning thunder butts that want to race me in my street rods all the time.
Remember, It's only a race if your right foot slaps the floor.
Scottishgames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:26 PM   #39
2012 ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Just smile and let them go by.. It's not worth it..
2012 ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:30 PM   #40
MatchbookSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro
If you don't want other people wanting to race you, buy a Kia Sephia.
MatchbookSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:37 PM   #41
jammer174
Luke 14:23

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Send a message via ICQ to jammer174
I was a firefighter/EMT for over 20 years. If these people who street race could see what I've seen over and over again from people who wanted to exceed the speed limit just to get home five minutes earlier but then never make it home at all, weave in and out of traffic to get one spot ahead and slam into an innocent driver on their way home from the grocery store and the innocent never never made it home, street racing and lose control and the people in both cars lose their lives, going too fast around a curve and lose control and roll over and the car smashed their body inside, etc., etc., etc., they would never slam down that gas pedal ever again! If you're lucky enough to not lose your life or cause someone else to be killed, you might get pulled over by the police...have your car impounded and pay hundreds of dollars to get it out...go to jail and pay hundreds of dollars in fines...be subject to a substantial increase in your insurance rates or even have your insurance company to cancel your policy which will make it hard to get insurance again from another company...and the list goes on. Hmmm, NOT WORTH IT!
Old 02-18-2011, 06:00 PM   #42
Goliath

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS L99 A6
What is it worth dying for? Serving and protecting your country? Or dying while street racings? I rather die in battle than die in a stupid street race.

Goliath is offline   Reply With Quote