Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 09-14-2011, 09:39 AM   #29
Nasty1970

Drives: 2011 Red 2SS RS Convertible
Ive only had top issues, but I agree GM needs to step up and fix these issues. My dealership is doing a good job, and takes care of me each time I go in, I get a vehicle, the service manager is very accommodating.
[/IMG]

1970 Camaro ,2011 Red Convertible 2SS,2008 Saturn Sky,2012 Jeep Wrangler
Nasty1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:32 AM   #30
steveintulsa

Drives: 2010 rs/ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by skunk whisperer View Post
steveintulsa - photo op?! It will be showcased on my Animal Planet show! It will also be front and center on our upcoming website makeover, if I do not trade in one of our many Chevys or the Camaro for a Ford Raptor truck, just to make a small, insignificant point about it.
I should have made my post a little more clear - I meant somebody used your car for a photo op with somebody else sitting on the top bows. Just such a nice place to plant your butt ;-( Just my opinion
steveintulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:42 AM   #31
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
Hope they get you fixed up soon...A new car with your mods transfered to it would be what they should do......
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:06 AM   #32
skunk whisperer

Drives: 2011 Camaro convertible
As of all day Thursday without the camaro convertible because the local gm rep wanted to look at it, they have NO fixes for anything other than perhaps the cables dropping into the windows from the top.

The GM rep has never talked to me yet, but, had the spine to ask the dealer manager to tell me they have no intention of paying for mods, TTL and our losses to get into a different Camaro via a "buy back".

GM - you insist on being better than your clients?! That is arrogant and condecending. You took your handout and decide to stiff your true fans?

How can GM upper crust sleep at night?

GM - we will NOT go away. Put on your seatbelt.

Bruha
skunk whisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:29 PM   #33
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnyklr View Post
Instead of using the Lemon Law you could try and get GM to buy it back.

I had a 1999 Silverado that was a POS and GM bought it back from me. I came out of the deal with $1000 in my pocket after all was said and done.

-Funk

You guys know what's REALLY bizarre here? The guy with the Synergy Green Coupe with the stone chips on the front bumper that GM seemingly can't match the paint for on a respray is offered a new Camaro and this fellow has a laundry list of hair-raising issues that give the impression as though his convertible was built with spare parts laying around the factory floor and GM, thus far, seemingly won't address with this customer. Frankly, something doesn't seem right. That's a BOATLOAD of problems!

I'd be interested to see some pics of the wire on the passenger side roof that prevents the door from being opened. The tonneau cover assembly (bolts) - I can easily imagine these weren't even installed. These really should be installed while the car is still on the line - ESPECIALLY if it's a 2LT OR 2SS as they COME with the tonneau cover. Let's see some PICS!
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #34
Xorshaik
An engineer

Drives: 4 wheels and a motor
Just askin, but have you considered how you would deal with an irate customer who is threatening legal action in spite of your best efforts to resolve your concerns?

So your business is out $2k for graphics. With all due respect, that was your choice to have put it on a new car in its first model year. From an objective standpoint was it really an essential choice where there was no alternative?

I think it is reasonable to expect GM to take responsibility for the problems with their product, but I also think you need to consider that the choice of this particular car for your business was your choice. There is risk that a new first year model convertible could have problems, and that is not beyond the realm of reasonable expectations. The choice to take that risk was yours. And if you're going into this fight threatening legal action, then GM is going to stick to the limits of their legal obligation and no reasonable person would expect GM to take responsibility for your choices of customization of the vehicle.

Maybe you can mitigate some of your expenses if you replace your Camaro with another Camaro by having GM use your existing doors which should get you the biggest piece of your graphics expenses.

Have you considered an SSR? Probably more room for carrying traps...
Xorshaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:53 AM   #35
whidobie

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS RS
Put the Giant Lemon on top of our car and use during your filming. That should go a long way!
whidobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:30 AM   #36
ckaram

Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
Horrible luck on the Camaro. Take the new one they offered and eat the graphics cost then move on.

You'll feel better once you let it go--
Old 09-17-2011, 10:01 AM   #37
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by whidobie View Post
Put the Giant Lemon on top of our car and use during your filming. That should go a long way!
+1 for this idea.

Actually +2 this is a really good idea.
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:08 AM   #38
skunk whisperer

Ding! Ding! Ding! The GM verdict? They say they can actually fix everything. This is the first time since we started that they have said, for certain, that they can fix every issue and 3extend the warranty on the car to bot and make up payments due to it being in the shop so long. We would prefer to keep the car, minus the issues.

Reading this forum and all of the other convertible subjects, I learned about several other GM fixes that our dealer and GM did not know about. Combined with their commitment to fix it and make it right and this forum, I think we may be able to keep the car.

It is indeed sad that they would not step up and do the right thing though. I do hope the GM policy makers have a rough time sleeping at night. I could never do that sort of thing to a client of ours.

To address a few comments posted here:

Xorshaik : We never talked legal and conflict resolution until we tried everything else over a few months time. Then, we eased into that. You are an engineer, so I will forgive your other comments, too, in hopes that it is just your rough personality and limited view. Perhaps you have never been self employed and you think we are rich. FYI - our company does not use traps. This car is for looks , and is my wife's car. We seldom use it for business other than pulling a bat or snake out of a person's house. It is lettered for the business, paid for via our personal funds and has commercial insurance.

Somebody else wanted a picture of the cables going into the windows. We tried to get good photos before they fixed it, but now they placed the cables in some sort of plastic and it is still over the windows/made it worse. It is difficult to photo, as I took them and it does not show it easily, even when I had a tape measure in the photo.

Allegedly, our show on Animal Planet starts to air 30OCT11, so perhaps you will see our skunk mobile on tv soon.

We appreciate all of your help with this matter and will re-post when something changes.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:30 AM   #39
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
I am glad they are able to fix, my top needs the fix but dealer didn't want to try to fix as they had another Camaro in for top replacement already. Mine is getting the wear marks on each side and the bow mark across the top. Now for the second time the top headliner is coming apart around the rear window and hanging down, they already fixed this once.
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:18 AM   #40
skunk whisperer

Great - we wanted to hear about new problems. Headliner issues? Ouch.

I read something about the GM "tape trick" for the top wear. Anybody know about his tape fix longevity?
Old 09-26-2011, 01:47 PM   #41
Xorshaik
An engineer

Drives: 4 wheels and a motor
Quote:
Originally Posted by skunk whisperer View Post
Xorshaik : We never talked legal and conflict resolution until we tried everything else over a few months time. Then, we eased into that. You are an engineer, so I will forgive your other comments, too, in hopes that it is just your rough personality and limited view. Perhaps you have never been self employed and you think we are rich. FYI - our company does not use traps. This car is for looks , and is my wife's car. We seldom use it for business other than pulling a bat or snake out of a person's house. It is lettered for the business, paid for via our personal funds and has commercial insurance.
After looking over your website I saw that you don't use traps, the point would have remained on a more general basis as far as carrying whatever equipment applies for your business.

I may not have experience running a small business, but it does sound to me like there is a bit of an intermingling here of personal and business expenses... I'm not saying I have any objection to that, but it seems to me it puts your personal property at risk if any liability was incurred by your business.

I'll stop short of getting entangled in a discussion that's peripheral to the point. The point I'm trying to make is that I think it would be helpful to take a look at your situation from another perspective, and based upon that re-evaluation consider remedies that might have a better chance of success in mutually resolving the situation.

While I don't have small business experience, I have experience as an engineer managing problem resolution with dissatisfied customers - in particular, hospitals. I can recognize the kind of emphasis that goes into stating problems in a manner that is intended to grab attention. For example, you listed out 17 line items as complaints, but only 10 are actual problems and when you boil it down to the problems you've had, it's basicly a faulty convertible top, a rattling exhaust and a loose tonneau cover.

If I was responsible for this top as an engineer, I still wouldn't be involved in the decision about what would be offered as a solution to the customer, but I would be responsible for assessing the root cause of the problem and designing a solution within program constraints. Those constraints might be cost, time to deliver, or limits on what could be changed (such as no changes to body structure, for example)

My point regarding the artwork and lettering on the car is that you need to realize that because it is something which was beyond GM's control, if you go the route of enforcing contracts it is not a point you will win. It comes across as an attention-getting tactic.

Realisticly, there should be no need to get into graphics issues. At the most extreme, GM might have to remove and replace the entire top assembly. They are usually built as a module, and this replacement would leave the graphics alone.

Bear in mind when you talk about $2000 for graphics, GM is probably spending that replacing your top. It's quite possible that the waranty cost will exceed the profits from the sale of your car. And bear in mind that GM is going through this on many other Camaro convertibles.

I'm glad to hear that you have fixes on the way and that waranty is being extended and so on, it sounds like the kind of response that is appropriate. I know the focus has been on the top because a lot more discussion for other peoples cars has focussed on that, but I just wanted to ask if the exhaust is fixed or getting fixed as well?
Xorshaik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
convertible, corporate, lemon law, problems