Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-27-2011, 06:50 AM   #29
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Drives: Yellow 5th Gen 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
I bet the power is still the same... you have just gotten used to it that's all. Modding will give u that power feeling again...temporarily...then you get used to it again...you do another mod...get used to it again. It never ends.
^ This
Old 10-27-2011, 06:57 AM   #30
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Fuse pull does nothing for a V6.
I did a fuse pull and my MPG went up and the exhaust sounded a bit different. I installed a rotofab did a battery disconnect at install. A month later I did a fuse pulled and the MPG went up. So it does.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:11 AM   #31
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
+1 on doing some mods

How are the temps down there in NC? If anything, you should feel a boost in performance with cooler temps. That's one good thing about fall/winter. The car turns into a real animal

I can see getting used to the power, but if all of a sudden, you noticed it feeling weak, maybe something else is up? Definitely get a CAI and see of she runs better. Maybe some bad gas? I know this will probably start a debate, but maybe try running a few tanks of 93. See if you notice any diff

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:20 AM   #32
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
I bet the power is still the same... you have just gotten used to it that's all. Modding will give u that power feeling again...temporarily...then you get used to it again...you do another mod...get used to it again. It never ends.
Nail on the head right here. Go drive a less powerful car for a few days then come back and I think your expression will change.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:29 AM   #33
orangejuice
H1 OFCR

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
I've had my SS for about 5 months now, and I have gotten use to the power and it feels slow to me at times. I love the mornings that are around 45 degrees, she comes alive! No but for real, you have just gotten used to it. I thought the same thing when I had my SS for like 3 months
ZL1 Hood/Fascia
AAC Afterburners/Sidemarkers
Havoc Black Chrome
5% Tint/20% Smoked Taillights

orangejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:41 AM   #34
BloodUSMC
Blood Sucking War Machine

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS - A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
I did a fuse pull and my MPG went up and the exhaust sounded a bit different. I installed a rotofab did a battery disconnect at install. A month later I did a fuse pulled and the MPG went up. So it does.
I thought this was only for the ss
Did u feel any power increase?
Old 10-27-2011, 08:47 AM   #35
EFI

Drives: something faster than you
Quote:
for a while now the car just seems weak
You drive a V6, and you're getting used to the car's power.

Try driving a slow as shit car for a week or so then go back to your Camaro. It will feel like a rocketship lol.
EFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:20 AM   #36
bluetorp

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM M6
This used to happen to me with my heads/cammed '02 TA. Then I'd go on a 6 month deployment, and when I came back it would feel stupid fast again.

So... join the military and go away for half a year at a time I guess. :P
Old 10-27-2011, 10:33 AM   #37
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI View Post
You drive a V6, and you're getting used to the car's power.

Try driving a slow as shit car for a week or so then go back to your Camaro. It will feel like a rocketship lol.
+1 this is true. I took my Camaro into the dealer for service and they gave me a Cruze. When I got my Camaro back I could easily tell the difference. I'd like to have a Cruze though. They are really nice.
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:06 PM   #38
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Fuse pull does nothing for a V6.
I beg to differ with you.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:09 PM   #39
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCool5 View Post
I beg to differ with you.
That's a fact, period. The V6 has one octane table, 87. Nothing else. The SS has 2. If you pulled a fuse it would do nothing except reset the ECM to factor defaults. Anything that would have been learned from exhaust/intake would have to be relearned.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:49 PM   #40
justin2fast4u

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RS
funny stuff but im not ashamed to have the v6, just happy to have a camaro
but really it feels and sounds different when i step on the gas, like its bogged down, a lot lower sounding noise like its not all there
i can understand what u all are saying about me getting used to it but its not that, i know the power of it and something just sounds weird, i took it to my dealership the other day for oil change and the guy said they suggest a fuel service at 30000 and mentioned it could be that if i wanted to go ahead and have that done but i wasn't willing to put out 450 right now especially if thats not the problem
justin2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:59 PM   #41
TDevilsG

Drives: 2013 2LT Victory Red LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin2fast4u View Post
funny stuff but im not ashamed to have the v6, just happy to have a camaro
but really it feels and sounds different when i step on the gas, like its bogged down, a lot lower sounding noise like its not all there
i can understand what u all are saying about me getting used to it but its not that, i know the power of it and something just sounds weird, i took it to my dealership the other day for oil change and the guy said they suggest a fuel service at 30000 and mentioned it could be that if i wanted to go ahead and have that done but i wasn't willing to put out 450 right now especially if thats not the problem
In that case, you're going to want to pinpoint the problem somehow. Head back to the dealer or give them a call and voice your concerns. Maybe they can figure out whats wrong with it. I think the fuel service will definitely help.
TDevilsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:13 PM   #42
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
See my sig, those mods should fix the problem you're having
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote