Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 11:13 AM   #29
Zeroburn

Drives: Black '10 2SS/RS #1002
Send a message via AIM to Zeroburn
Please, so I keep sane, PLEASE NO ONE SAY THAT ITS NOT HIS FAULT ABOUT THE DELIVERY DATE. I NEVER ONCE BLAMED HIM. Focus people on what is said. If you want to skim through posts don't comment. Sorry to sound rude but people keep saying I shouldn't be mad its not shipped. I AM MAD ABOUT LYING. Again he confirmed by email 2 times it was shipped and in route, 1 of those times he was mad and responded. YES ITS IN TRANSIT as his only text in the email.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:14 AM   #30
HuJass

Drives: GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
There honestly is no way to tell when they come in.
If this is true, then why was I able to know exactly when my vehicles were going to be delivered?
Old 04-21-2009, 11:38 AM   #31
murph

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro ABM 1LT
I am just a lurker, never had any intention of posting, but I feel like I just have to say something about this....

I cannot believe anyone is defending any business, in any industry who operated this way. Especially an industry which is crumbling and may be in part laying their hopes of survival on the specific product the OP is purchasing.

Every effort should be made to keep as many customers satisifed as possible, if the automotive industry has any chance of survival, then they have to make sure anyone who might be capable of purchasing new American made cars are treated well.

It does not matter if they are very busy, almost 10% of our workforce would be happy with any type of busy.

It does not matter if some of these things are out of the dealers control, they have to take responsibility for them anyway.

I would especially ignore the comments about the "they got you by the balls", they need you, now more than ever and they have to work harder than every to stay viable. Even though it has not happen yet, the dealer industry may eventually have to change their ways, change the general perception of a dealer, if they are going turn this thing around.

This dealer is heading in the wrong direction!
Old 04-21-2009, 11:42 AM   #32
Zeroburn

Murph I agree 100%, I could purchase through another dealer but again I would have to wait even longer. In the end they will win if I do anything right now.

The best advice was to bite my tongue which I have done at this point. Then after I have the contract signed and car is in possession then well......gloves will be off.

Its a shame they are treating any customer like this, let alone 1 who they KNOW for a fact is tied to the community 10*'s the amount they are.

Lets just hope this all cools down and they sell me my car as discussed, then i'll open up.
Again thanks for EVERYONES posts....its really helped me today deal with the stress. Knowing others feel and are in the same situation eases my mind a little.

Hopefully this doesn't happen to anyone as i know my heart can't take much more of this pre-camaro excitement.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:42 AM   #33
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Venting is important, but sometimes it's also important to think clearly about the target of your venting...maybe even empathize with them a little.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroburn View Post
She laughed loud at me and called me crazy when I asked her if she was too busy to call me back, since she mentioned how busy she was. Jeez I was trying to be polite.
I'd guess that it's more likely that it was a nervous laugh. Some people can't help but have nervous laughs at inappropriate times. Or, someone had just said "any minute now one of the Camaro customers will call" and then you called and she couldn't hold it in, or something funny happened and she saw it. If she truly laughed at you, she probably won't be in that public-facing position for long.

Quote:
Sorry for the LONG messages everyone, and thanks for reading those emails.
Was that justified? Maybe i'm crazy. After 6months I guess i've lost it.
Lee
You were justified. The dealer is justified too. They're doing their job, though not communicating perfectly. The dealer is not delaying the Camaro.

Justification doesn't really matter, though. So, let's take it down to street level: What remedy do you want for your pain? What can the dealer do? You have vented at him, but I didn't see where you told him what you want him to do. He can't make the Camaro appear any faster and you know that; what do you want from him that he CAN do? Perhaps he'd be amenable if you gave him a way out, instead of just lambasting him without offering an option to make it up to you.

You're here now. Where do you want to go from here? What do you want? If you don't know, then you can be sure that nobody at the dealership knows. If you do, share it with us and with the dealership.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
Old 04-21-2009, 11:50 AM   #34
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:

Lee
Take your dealers advice... go re-read the email you sent to them. You are complaining about not receiving the car, yet in the same breath you are the one telling him how they are on quality hold due to the window indexing.

Honestly, you sound a bit like a child throughout your email....a spoiled child at that. There is such a thing as a bad customer, and if one of my customers approached with with the type of flawed logic you're presenting...I likely would not want them as a customer anymore. (BTW...I'm not in the car business...the scenario plays the same in any business)

Seriously...the dealer is supposed to feel bad because you'll 'look like an idiot to everyone who i keep telling the car should be here this week' and you can't make it to a 'car show'? If you think the laughter on the phone you heard was bad...I can only imagine how you'd feel if you could have heard the likely uproar as your email was forwarded around the dealer.

If I come off as a bit brutal...I do apologize...but you need to be aware that you're presenting yourself as very, very immature.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:55 AM   #35
murph

mossman:

Wrong, their no such thing as a bad customer, unless they are trying to steal from you, are being violent or threatening violence or something along those lines.

This holds true for any business.....BUT especially in a depressed market and suddenly thin margins. Volume is what is needed most right now.

Zero sounds like a customer who is dying to purchase a product from this business. That is the best type of customer to have....
Old 04-21-2009, 11:57 AM   #36
Zeroburn

I cannot respond now but I want to. I am stuck at work and cannot take the time to reply correctly. I have been nothing but patient with this guy. I have gone out of my way to be nice AND TO BRING THEM FOOD FROM MY BUSINESS DURING A BUSY TIME FOR THEM.

All I asked for was honesty and care regarding my order. This is not what I am getting and I felt justified in my email.

Again I do not blame ANYONE for it being late. Stop going on that point. Its about how I was handled that is upsetting.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:58 AM   #37
TRENZMAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvapil28 View Post
We have had our intrasit for a few weeks now. It's still sitting in Canada right now.
Ive had 2 in Transit for more than 3 weeks, 10 in the system to be built, mine is one of them and 6 pending and 20 more to order.. Even though I order cars all the time I have no controll on what happens during that time. I cant pull any invoices on them untill they clear production controll. Once I can get the invoice I will have a better guess on when it will hit the lot. Anyone waiting on their car should ask the dealer to see if the invoice is posted on BARS. This will get you a little more info on where the car is.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:01 PM   #38
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
I think you're right to be angry but maybe a little over the top. As I posted before, I'm in a somewhat similar situation (worse really since mine hasn't even been submitted to GM yet). So I know where you're coming from.

I'm pretty sure that the system doesn't say "quality hold". All they get is the status code. Yours was probably 4000 or 4B00 so he jumped to the conclusion that it was about to be shipped. And like you said, they don't get the same level of info that we do (although they could read this forum just like anyone else). He probably had no clue that there was any sort of window issue or quality hold. I would cut him a little slack. He's just an idiot and jumped to a conclusion that he shouldn't have. I don't think there was any malicious intent in misleading you.

And what's with dealers not knowing how to write? That in itself is extremely unprofessional. Is he really to busy to press the shift key? (I guess that goes back to my previous idiot comment).

+1 COMPLETELY!

(And as far as the "grammar" goes...I can't stand it when I see "business" emails go out without proper punctuation or capitalization.) Honestly, does it take that much more energy to hit the shift key when typing the letter "i?"
Old 04-21-2009, 12:11 PM   #39
leatherneck

Drives: yellow/bl. hood stripes-ss/rs
Quote:
Oh don't get me wrong guys. I am 100% for making these cars perfect before being shipped. I don't mind waiting as long as need be. I just ask that the information given be truthful.
Please read carefully my email between the dealer and his response, if i'm wrong please let me know but I just feel mistreated with this.

ORIGINAL EMAIL SENT AFTER FINDING OUT MY CAR WAS NOT SHIPPED AS TOLD

Ok now this is where I am having a little issue.
First off people HAVE received their cars. Thats not really a question. Please don't try to have me dismiss everything because you say they are just bloggers. Thats just false.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18931

Secondly you told me 12 DAYS ago that my car was already on its way. I haven't heard 1 single thing about them holding to ship. There was a quality hold.. It was because of the window indexing. All they had to do was flash the bios which takes a tech about 15minutes. I don't mean to sound rude but I listen to these bloggers because they are the ones who work at the plant and who are gm employees. They seem to time and time again know things before most dealerships and almost all information has proven to be 100% accurate. If my car was to be in the quality hold you would have seen it in the system. If it was in the system as being held you shouldn't have told me it was shipped.

I understand that you cannot guarantee any sort of delivery date but 2 weeks ago YOU SAID it was already ON ITS WAY. Again i'm going to look like an idiot to everyone who i keep telling the car should be here this week.

This is my first real car buying experience and what seemed to be something that was going so well just seems to have taken a horrible turn. Shipping next week means I might not get my car for 3-4 weeks. That is not acceptable for me. I really feel misled here. After you confirmed (and might I remind you I even emailed you back requesting your 2nd confirmation, and have those emails) that my car was shipped I gave the 100% to a car show that I would be the 1 and only 2010 camaro in the show. I am registered and paid for the show and now it looks like I won't make it. I cannot even describe the disappointment about this.

This is now the 2nd bad experience this month with your dealership and I truely hope its not a sign of the future. I really look forward to doing business with you but again this is the 2nd big let down.

I am pretty sure at this point there is nothing you can do but I just wanted you to know how I feel as a customer. This economy is crap right now and i've saved and I have worked my ass off to get to the point I can finally order my dream car. I was really hoping my first purchase would be a fun and exciting one. I guess after the first experience of being laughed at and lied to and now being horribly misled about the supposed already shipped car I am feeling very upset with this purchase.

I am sure once I have my car all my worries will be gone but at this point that seems a distant happiness.
Lee Fleishman

Here IS HIS RESPONSE

lee i appreciate your enthusiasm.
please take the time and read the email you send me. you are a little out of line.

you are buying a car from us, we ordered it, gm is building it. it is a new model. that's it.

gm is trying to release at least one camaro to each dealership in the united states at the same time. they have shipped the cars going to places farthest from the plant. this is a new production car. it will take some time to get rolling.

no camaros have been delivered to customers in the washington/baltimore area.

i will email or call you when your car arrives here at the dealership. we have no control over the timing of your cars arrival.

however should you still feel mislead i be glad to refund your deposit so you can purchase this car from a different dealer.

Lee
I
whole heartedly agree with you---I ordered my car nov.3rd.---in 7 months i ve had one contact from from dealer!!!ONE!!!!!----EXCEPT FOR THE THREE TIMES WHEN I CALLED GMS CUSTOMER HELP NUMBER--AND THEYD CALLED THE DEALER ID GET A CALL RIGHT AWAY

But those calls were very very disheartening!--They practically yelled at me and said -I have no need to call every week that they will tell me when something happens.

My last contact from my dealer was march 12th. At that time he told me that Gm has picked up my order an I had a tpw of April 6th ---12th.--Again with the curt message of dont call us we'll call you.

So, here i am 40 days later.. Obiviously they were strecthing the truth on the tpw--an I fell for it.april 6th has come an gone april 13th has come and gone---april 20th has come and gone--now its th3 21st and still nothing from my dealer. Ihave no idea what staus Im at.

A concerned dealer of this thread tried to help me out a cpl. weeks ago and according to him as of april 9th i was at 3100. Thats almost 2 weeks ago--I was under the impression that your car moved fairly quickly from 3100--thru 3300--thru 3400---I dont know--ive decided to just sit and wait and let time pass and not bug anyone. but i gotta tell ya this is rediculous.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:14 PM   #40
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by murph View Post
mossman:

Wrong, their no such thing as a bad customer, unless they are trying to steal from you, are being violent or threatening violence or something along those lines.

This holds true for any business.....BUT especially in a depressed market and suddenly thin margins. Volume is what is needed most right now.
LOL...

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...dCustomer.aspx

http://www.forbes.com/2006/02/22/cus...traightup.html

http://www.amazon.com/Killer-Custome...0334045&sr=8-1

Sorry...but I think anyone who has a modicum of business experience will tell you that there is in fact such a thing as the mythical 'bad customer'.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:16 PM   #41
OrangeCruSSh

Drives: 2010 Camaro/2500HD Silverado
Bottom line is you are disappointed. Which is understandable BUT based upon what everyone on this site has experienced (besides 2 or 3 folks that took delivery last week) did you honestly believe that you were really getting your car? After all the drama people keep talking about? For the most part the majority of us Camaro preorders are in the same boat. No car...still waiting! I certainly don't want to jump on the "slam GM" bandwagon but at this point I don't believe anything until I see it. It suks but there is really nothing you can do at this point. If you go elswhere you go the end of the line. Patiently pray that a May delivery date is on the horizon for yourself. Until there is a constant flow of folks on this site taking delivery of their cars...I will then believe that production is the way it needs to be. Until then it's a waiting game.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:21 PM   #42
murph

mossman:

Most of those references are not to "customers", stay with the topic. The OP has already put money down, he is a current and soon to be more of a paying customer.

Closed Thread