Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #29
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITGuy11 View Post
I recently installed these springs on my car as well. Sure enough the front springs popped and creaked during low speed turning. The noises were especially loud when turning the steering wheel left to right while the car was not moving. The noise was not faint either, it was very audible. Needless to say, I was not happy

My springs had the single isolator towards the top of the coil. I contacted Pfadt and they sent me additional isolator material. I installed the new material by butting it up against the end of the existing isolators. I then removed the original isolators, leaving the only new isolators installed.

I was very skeptical that this would solve my noise problems, but I am pretty confident that it did After I got the car back on the ground, I turned the steering wheel lock to lock and no noise I drove the car for about 50 miles including making some sharp turns in parking lots without any creaking noise. Now I can enjoy the improved looks and handling without sounding like a 1970's rust bucket!
Can't wait to install mine and see if it takes care of the noise. (waiting on my new wheels)
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #30
phdjent
Evan "FRESHAYR"

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51, 2014 Jeep SRT
Pfadt sent me the extra Isolator material. Gonna put them on this week and let you all know the results.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #31
BronxxBombers213

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
sending PM now! i hope this solves it for me!
Old 05-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #32
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
I have had your your springs on my car for almost a year and they are completely quiet, so I don't experience the noise others have. However, I did read about what they were experiencing, and I think it's phenominal that a company like yourself stands by the product and fixed the issue. Customer service means everythingggggg. All of you at Pfadt are a true class act, and have a fantastic group of individuals working there from engineersto customer service representatives. Keep the great products AND customer service going my friends.
Thanks for the comments TCAT. We hope everyone can see that we will go to great extents to get the bottom of a customer issue, and we are glad we could diagnose the problem effectively. We look forward to having everyone get the same great experience you have had with our products!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleydave View Post
Guys, i installed my Pfadt lowering springs on the 2012 SS saturday. Indexed the bushings myself. I love the stance. Drove a short distance with no noise. Drove to the alignment shop Monday with no noises and had them align it to Pfadt street performance specs. When i left I noticed a definite clunking/popping noise when making slow turns or on roadway transitions. I must say I was more than a little discouraged. I had already been reading the threads about noise and was a little apprehensive about installing these springs, since this is my wife's daily driver. My springs had isolators installed like Pic 2. Today I jacked up the front end and removed the top isolator. I really couldn't see how it would fix the noise I was hearing, but it ABSOLUTELY did! I could not be happier with these springs. The ride is great and the look is awesome. Thanks Pfadt for a great product and fantastic customer support.
Glad we got you taken care of. Thank you for the comments and keep enjoying your new springs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusDied4U View Post
I just got my springs installed today. Picked up the car after shop hours and had it left outside for me and as soon as I put it in gear and started rolling through the parking lot I heard the clunking. I was surprised that no one at the shop had heard it or if they did then why they didn't call me. I'm hoping to check it out tomorrow and have the same success story.

Love the stance though. I had the H&R springs on my V6 and the rear seemed to sag a little but these Pfadt springs are perfect. Good work
It's tough to hear a lot of the time if you arnt specifically looking for it. But either way just take a look at where the isolators are on your springs, and shoot me a PM if you wind up needing an extra set and we'll get you hooked up. Thank you for the comments on the drop. We really worked hard to get the performance vs. ride quality dialed in.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #33
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateSS View Post
ok I followed the instructions and I'm still getting some noise. Does anyone have any other ideas before i resort to putting on the BMRs?
Nate, as most people have seen here on the forums, you really shouldn't be getting any noise from our springs. If you have followed the instructions to locate the proper area to have a single isolator installed (and not two), then you should have the same result as everyone here. Otherwise, I would try to diagnose where the actual source of the noise is, which others have found typically to be endlink torque and sway bar related noises etc. Also there is an inherit "loose lumber" noise that GM says is totally normal for this chassis. If you can locate the source of the noise we'd be more than willing to help with suggestions to fix it if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITGuy11 View Post
I recently installed these springs on my car as well. Sure enough the front springs popped and creaked during low speed turning. The noises were especially loud when turning the steering wheel left to right while the car was not moving. The noise was not faint either, it was very audible. Needless to say, I was not happy

My springs had the single isolator towards the top of the coil. I contacted Pfadt and they sent me additional isolator material. I installed the new material by butting it up against the end of the existing isolators. I then removed the original isolators, leaving the only new isolators installed.

I was very skeptical that this would solve my noise problems, but I am pretty confident that it did After I got the car back on the ground, I turned the steering wheel lock to lock and no noise I drove the car for about 50 miles including making some sharp turns in parking lots without any creaking noise. Now I can enjoy the improved looks and handling without sounding like a 1970's rust bucket!
Glad we got you taken care of! Yeah I know its hard to believe but having the isolator material in the right area is key to spring design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTG View Post
Can't wait to install mine and see if it takes care of the noise. (waiting on my new wheels)
Be sure to review the proper area for the isolator install and let us know how it goes. You should have the same result as everyone else and then get to go enjoy your springs and new wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdjent View Post
Pfadt sent me the extra Isolator material. Gonna put them on this week and let you all know the results.
Keep us informed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxxBombers213 View Post
sending PM now! i hope this solves it for me!
Got some on their way to you today!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:29 PM   #34
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
I was finally able to install the new Isolators in the correct spots and I am VERY happy to report no more noises!!!

Thanks for getting to the bottom of this for your customers Pfadt. I can finally wear the free t-shirt with pride!
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:34 PM   #35
1Camaro2SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTG View Post
I was finally able to install the new Isolators in the correct spots and I am VERY happy to report no more noises!!!

Thanks for getting to the bottom of this for your customers Pfadt. I can finally wear the free t-shirt with pride!
You got a free t-shirt? I want one too.

Pfadt, please make that an extra large my springs are awesome.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #36
AintQik

Drives: 67 Pro-Tourer, 12 SS
Ok, I just stumbled on this thread. After about 8 months of driving my drivers side spring started making noises. I checked over everything and nothing was awry. Can I just move the isolator down? Mine only has one. I think I am reading that just moving the isolator down is the fix.

I've been just living with it up to now.
AintQik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:31 PM   #37
phdjent
Evan "FRESHAYR"

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51, 2014 Jeep SRT
OK, after getting some extra isolator material from Pfadt, I finally had a chance to get to a lift and put them on. It took all of 2 minutes to install the new ones and remove the old ones right above them on the springs. I dropped the car back down and backed out making a slow turn with absolutely NO noise anymore. What an easy fix! I'm guessing that Pfadt now has this as part of their installation instructions. Very pleased. Thanks again Pfadt.

Last edited by phdjent; 05-24-2012 at 10:52 PM.
phdjent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:44 AM   #38
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
what about people that didn't get a full refund and Pfadt denied they had a design flaw and a change needed to be made?
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #39
BronxxBombers213

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
installed mine today... finally feel happy about the purchase... been driving me nuts since the day they were installed, and i was about 2 days away from buying different springs when i found this thread

easy fix that works ! i have to admit i was skeptical when i installed, but its crazy how something so small/simple can make such a difference
Old 07-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #40
BRAVO 2SS
Aim Small...Miss Small

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
Hmmm...was either thinking of pfadt or pedders...but since money is tight I was gonna do pfadt...guess I will have to just save up for pedders. I don't want to have to worry about installing these and then go back and add the insulators. I want it to work...right of the bat.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #41
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVO 2SS View Post
Hmmm...was either thinking of pfadt or pedders...but since money is tight I was gonna do pfadt...guess I will have to just save up for pedders. I don't want to have to worry about installing these and then go back and add the insulators. I want it to work...right of the bat.
I think you missed the important part that there was nothing wrong. The isolator was out of place and just need to be repositioned. All current production includes larger isolators to prevent something similar from occurring in the future.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #42
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateSS View Post
ok I followed the instructions and I'm still getting some noise. Does anyone have any other ideas before i resort to putting on the BMRs?
BMR 1" springs installed Monday and 0 noise from the springs.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote