Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #29
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
They called me to tell me they had to keep the ZL1 until Tommorrow !
Wonder why, other than the joy rides.

There is nothing unusual about the maintenance on this car. All basic stuff. If it were a Lambo at a non Lambo dealer, I could see the head scratching. But a Camaro, no matter the model, is about as simple for maintenance as it gets.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:05 PM   #30
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Small Dealerships may not have the fluids on the shelf.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:11 AM   #31
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
They called me to tell me they had to keep the ZL1 until Tommorrow !
I know a couple of the service consultants at that dealership. Who are you dealing with?
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:28 PM   #32
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
At 4:30 today , got the call to pick up the ZL1 and the culprit for four days of delay was the cup holder lights stopped working.....ok I see the wait

But they failed to change the oil as I requested for both engine and diff and the lady said that wasn't needed at 1500 miles......

I told her; I'm the customer and wanted it done and asked for my keys back and she tried to argue about neither engine oil or diff fluids needed changing

As i left the service area ; said "you lost me as a customer"
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #33
RoketRdr

Drives: 2010 Duramax; 2012 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
At 4:30 today , got the call to pick up the ZL1 and the culprit for four days of delay was the cup holder lights stopped working.....ok I see the wait

But they failed to change the oil as I requested for both engine and diff and the lady said that wasn't needed at 1500 miles......

I told her; I'm the customer and wanted it done and asked for my keys back and she tried to argue about neither engine oil or diff fluids needed changing

So they kept your car for 4 days and didn't bother to tell you why until you went to pick it up??!! You're a better man than me. My car wouldn't have stayed even 1 night without an explanation as to why. And on top of that they didn't even perform the service you requested!! Yep...time to find another dealer.
RoketRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #34
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
WTF? Took my ZL1 to a Chevy Dealer for the 1500 mile service and they have no clue about what's required for service ! I gave them clear instructions to goto GM's website and print out required services for break-in to document they did it correctly !

....ok, what is correctly,....for those who may be in the need to know catagory.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #35
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Quote:

These southern boys around here never question what you say. Most around here are home wrenchers themselves and treat their trucks like cadillacs. They know NOTHING about diesel performance but never second guess what I ask them to do no matter how confusing it may be.

If I were to go in my service department and had them neglect to due what Ive asked, and would be paying for, would result in a very LIVELY discussion.

Its rude and disrespectful.

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:13 PM   #36
alex70olds
~~*~~

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #141
Quote:

They are right in that it is not required per gm, but you are the customer, a paying customer. What goobers. I would not go back there either!
Old 06-22-2012, 10:38 PM   #37
atintpro
tintpro

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE , '69 454 camaro,
really?

Perhaps you should drive it and actually run it. The break in period is 1500 miles...not the service period. Do you not have technology? The car tells you when it needs something. #261 has been running strong, racing almost every weekend since 1640 miles. Carry on boys and run um like you stole um!
atintpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:35 PM   #38
thespymaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by atintpro View Post
Perhaps you should drive it and actually run it. The break in period is 1500 miles...not the service period. Do you not have technology? The car tells you when it needs something. #261 has been running strong, racing almost every weekend since 1640 miles. Carry on boys and run um like you stole um!
Before you let your fingers do the talking; check the OP's post (me)

I do "drive it like I stole it " and just spent last Saturday on the dragstrip with my ZL1 !

Hence my reasoning to have the fluids changed !

Old 06-22-2012, 11:39 PM   #39
alex70olds
~~*~~

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #141
Great pics from FayetNam! When I was there, 5th MASH, 82nd, and 7th sops. Actually really liked the area! And stop picking on tpower lol.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #40
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Drives: 15 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex70olds View Post
Great pics from FayetNam! When I was there, 5th MASH, 82nd, and 7th sops. Actually really liked the area! And stop picking on tpower lol.
Thanks Spymaster just wishes he bought a IOM thats why he keeps posting that pic, Actually we had a great time drag racing and raised some money for the Wounded Warrior Project. I lost $250 in drag racing which we donated to Wounded warrior project. But I am going to practise and maybe work on my car ? hehehehe I will be ready
Old 06-25-2012, 09:39 AM   #41
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:

I am sorry for the dissatisfaction you have experienced at your dealership. If you could please send me your details, I can see if there are any options available to you. I just need your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, and involved dealership. I look forward to your reply.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 06-25-2012, 10:04 AM   #42
thespymaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I am sorry for the dissatisfaction you have experienced at your dealership. If you could please send me your details, I can see if there are any options available to you. I just need your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, and involved dealership. I look forward to your reply.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
My problem is I went outside my comfort zone and tried this dealership for the 1st time. They kept the ZL1 for 4 days, and I asked/demanded that they change the Engine Oil and Diff fluid and they failed to do it!

ZL1 is now at Nimnicht Chevrolet , where 99.99% of my service is typically done on all my GM vehicles, when not in the great hands of Rodgers Chevrolet
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4