Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #29
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Yes, Yes, Yes...
Old 10-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #30
ardailsmith

Drives: 2012 2LT LFX A6 RS Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Found some undercoating pealing off my rear fenders so took it back to Ziebart to have them touch it up . dropped it off last night and the guy called saying it should sit one more day to let the coating stick better.
First i am always worried the guy will take her for a spin so i know my mileage,32318, And my driveway looks empty without it., Whats the longest any of you have had to go without your "baby" in your sight?
You have been watching "Ferris Bueller"again haven't you.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #31
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
no. if I didn't trust the shop I wouldn't take my cars there.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:48 AM   #32
alanhurst
Master Chief

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS L99
just had my car in firestone last week to get my winter tires mounted up and then get the car alignment done.

right off the bat the guy says it'll take longer than normal because he doesn't want to buy one of my rims
i think, ok fair enough and tell him it's no prob. i sit where i can see the service bay (and my car)

the guy pulls my car in,gets out and pops the hood and starts nosing around under the hood...then calls the other service techs over to come look as well.

after watching them very closely for a minute or so i say out loud so the desk "jockey" can hear me. "umm is there some reason he is rooting around in my engine bay when i'm here for tires?"

the desk dude quickly goes out to the shop and they close my hood up quick and get to work on the tires.

needless to say Firestone is now on my "do not call" list and wont ever touch my car again.
alanhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:47 AM   #33
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
9 days for a heater core change. Usually when it needs work I just ask my neighbor that works at my dealership if he'll take it in. He doesn't mind burning my gas to go to work. Luckily I got one of the mass produced ones and not one of the hand built exotic Camaros so it's no big deal
Old 10-04-2012, 12:10 PM   #34
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
9 days for a heater core change. Usually when it needs work I just ask my neighbor that works at my dealership if he'll take it in. He doesn't mind burning my gas to go to work. Luckily I got one of the mass produced ones and not one of the hand built exotic Camaros so it's no big deal
9 days, were you still on warranty?
Old 10-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #35
JEFF75645

Drives: his wife crazy buying mods
I drooped mine of for a cam install last night. Looks weird pulling into the driveway and not seeing it there. Gonna be a long weekend for sure.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #36
matthook

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro 1LT RS
i'm getting my read blackout fascia installed on Saturday, i already told the guy the 1 condition would be that i needed to be there while he worked on it for the hour or two it will take to install it - haha.

Team LFX Thread Link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187109
Team LFX Group: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=306
matthook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #37
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Got my Camaro back and all is well , Mileage was exactly where it was suppose to be, They did a great job touching up the undercoating, And did not charge me a dime, ,Some of these stories on here on unreal, ,Especially the guy who watched his car smoking tires sideways down the street, Wow , I would of been livid, Thanks for all the tips / stories. If you got more let them rip, Good luck for all of you turning you baby in for fixing and not seeing her in the driveway, It's tough but before you know it the nightmare will be all over. haha Camaro's the car you love so much you never want her out of your sight!!
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #38
Kiss My SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Found some undercoating pealing off my rear fenders so took it back to Ziebart to have them touch it up . dropped it off last night and the guy called saying it should sit one more day to let the coating stick better.
First i am always worried the guy will take her for a spin so i know my mileage,32318, And my driveway looks empty without it., Whats the longest any of you have had to go without your "baby" in your sight?
Yep, I dont have any decent ramps to change my oil so I take it to the local dealer here, I supply my oil & filter and they change it for $10, so when they take it to the back I am standing right there watching every move....I dont trust them
Kiss My SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #39
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss My SS View Post
Yep, I dont have any decent ramps to change my oil so I take it to the local dealer here, I supply my oil & filter and they change it for $10, so when they take it to the back I am standing right there watching every move....I dont trust them
Techs just LOVE that.

I've seen guys wipe snot on their hands before pulling the car out, so they have contaminated the door handles, steering wheel, etc, just to get even with guys like you.

While I never did anything so sordid in my days as a tech, I wasn't afraid to "accidentally" splash a little oil on an annoying customer's shoes.

Best thing you can do is bring donuts for the crew, tip your tech, or show some other form of appreciation. That guy will break his back to do right by you from that point forward. Guaranteed.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:21 PM   #40
Kiss My SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
Techs just LOVE that.

I've seen guys wipe snot on their hands before pulling the car out, so they have contaminated the door handles, steering wheel, etc, just to get even with guys like you.

While I never did anything so sordid in my days as a tech, I wasn't afraid to "accidentally" splash a little oil on an annoying customer's shoes.

Best thing you can do is bring donuts for the crew, tip your tech, or show some other form of appreciation. That guy will break his back to do right by you from that point forward. Guaranteed.
Wow, Get even with guys like me? I didnt do anything wrong and its their J.O.B. to be careful with customers cars and if someone spills oil on my shoes and wipes snot on my steering wheel?....Hmmmm he better be one BRAVE tech.
Kiss My SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:01 AM   #41
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss My SS View Post
Wow, Get even with guys like me? I didnt do anything wrong and its their J.O.B. to be careful with customers cars and if someone spills oil on my shoes and wipes snot on my steering wheel?....Hmmmm he better be one BRAVE tech.
You are correct, it IS their job to be professional and perform work on your car with care and attention to detail. It is not YOUR job to supervise them.

See what I did there?
Old 10-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #42
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
4 days consecutive, but plenty more cumulative. My car has had a few issues that needed to be worked out with the dealers.
Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
Factory NPP cat back
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos
Lowered 1.25inch on Eibach Pro springs
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote