Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #29
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Angry

about 15 years ago maybe a few more than that we were living in Port Orange FL, just outside of Daytona. we were living in this suburbs looking area where all the houses were the same just different colors. My dad this old but in good shape 71/72 MGB roadster (one of the last ones with the metal bumpers). he bought the car to fix it up and mechanically it was all sound next phase was a paint job and later a newer top. well we had some kids next door a teen girl and a pre teen boy both where into athletics and one of them (or one of their friends we still do not know for sure) hit a baseball over our house and it struck the front windshield of the MG, putting a huge round spider web of cracks. now MGB windows are hard to replace and are expensive cause of the age of the car. my dad ended up selling the car cause he just did not have the fundage to replace the glass, AND paint, and replace the top. boy was he pissed cause normally he had it parked in the 2 car garage.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #30
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedEnergy View Post
I agree it's definitely one of those three or some combination of them. I wasn't home at the time of the second incident but there were others that were who could have just as easily moved my car down the street.
The thing is you shouldn't have to move your car. Your neighbors need to learn to respect their neighbors property. Unfortunately there seems to be a general lack of respect for others that seems to get worse every day.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #31
TORKED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Tell your hippie-ass dude next door to get bent and then enjoy the ride! ...Every neighborhood has good rivalry or two. Don't be passive about it, just tell him what you think or you'll stew over it day in and day out.

Go Packers!
TORKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:41 PM   #32
kostnkost
Roof expert detail noob

Drives: 2013 BRM 2LT RS
The more you press the issue, the more issues you will have with your neighbor in the future. Just let it go and wait for the next warm day to wash your car again. It sucks, I know as I have ignorant neighbors as well.

Just remember, you can choose your house, you can't choose your neighbors.
kostnkost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #33
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by TORKED View Post
Tell your hippie-ass dude next door to get bent and then enjoy the ride! ...Every neighborhood has good rivalry or two. Don't be passive about it, just tell him what you think or you'll stew over it day in and day out.

Go Packers!
Man I like that. See i hear that and next time i see him i want to tell him to either change his ways or we are going to have a problem, Asking for others to respect the property of others is not a hell of alot to ask for.
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #34
MBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostnkost View Post
The more you press the issue, the more issues you will have with your neighbor in the future. Just let it go and wait for the next warm day to wash your car again. It sucks, I know as I have ignorant neighbors as well.

Just remember, you can choose your house, you can't choose your neighbors.
Agree like i said we talk and have not had a problem but i been letting alot of crap slide, Fence . balls getting hit by my car , and now dude mulching his twigs and leaves 3 feet from my car. There comes to a point where the line is getting crossed ,
Old 11-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #35
MBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
The thing is you shouldn't have to move your car. Your neighbors need to learn to respect their neighbors property. Unfortunately there seems to be a general lack of respect for others that seems to get worse every day.
Angrybird . You nailed it, I dont have a garage big enough to park my car in. I have a carport that i use instead, Hitting balls at a Nice shiny new car , really seems to be a lack of respect , It has not happened yet but it will over time , Then i can tell you all hell will break loose.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:53 PM   #36
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
I have to say if he was in his yard then there is really not much you can do about it. I understand about just finishing washing your car, but you can't expect your neighbor to plan his yard work around your schedule. And yes mulched leaves can be used to help fertilize your yard, Google it.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #37
camaro-dreamer

Drives: 2013 Porsche 981S
You think your neighbor should coordinate his lawn maintenance with you and your car washing. Yeah, surely he is the one being unreasonable.
camaro-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #38
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Angrybird . You nailed it, I dont have a garage big enough to park my car in. I have a carport that i use instead, Hitting balls at a Nice shiny new car , really seems to be a lack of respect , It has not happened yet but it will over time , Then i can tell you all hell will break loose.
Our previous neighbors had a boy about 10 years old, one day I let hearing a thumping noise in my bedroom. Something was hitting my house. I went outside and this kid was throwing a baseball against my house so he could catch it bouncing back to him. I asked what he was doing and he said, "practicing". I said, "why don't you go throw the ball against your own house". He said because his dad told him not to. I got mad and got his father out and told him to stop letting his son throw baseballs at my house. He said, "Why, it's not hurting anything." I said, "because its not YOUR HOUSE." I was so glad when they moved away.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #39
beany323

Drives: Camaro 2SS /RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Wait till spring, then get some roundup and while nobody is home take it and write " I'm an ASS " in his grass with it..

We have some young men living next door, and during the summer they have parties. They have people parking everywhere in the yard. And some started cutting across mine and going down my driveway leaving muddy tracks and tearing up my grass. I asked them twice to keep their guests from doing that, but it kept happening. So I went to Walmart and bought a bunch of those reflectors on the metal rods and lined my property line with them. They haven't cut across my yard since.
grab some neat looking stones and place them across your yard.. once someone run over them.. they'll get the hint. or hire a few guys to dig a nice little wide ditch along the side.. lol..
beany323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #40
ginsberg2@hotmail.com
Account Suspended

Drives: ls3 camaro
my neighbors are great! they dont complain when i do burnouts in the driveway with a six second dragster.
ginsberg2@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:24 PM   #41
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
I had a stupid neighbor. They sure make good fertilizer.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:29 PM   #42
MBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro-dreamer View Post
You think your neighbor should coordinate his lawn maintenance with you and your car washing. Yeah, surely he is the one being unreasonable.
The ruined wash was not what i was that upset about ,Hell i wash the car about 70x a year. It was the giant pile of leaves and twigs that was 3 feet from my car throwing crap 10 feet in every direction, Surely you would not be happy with watching your car being peppered by wood junks , . If interested i will give you the address and you can drive your car there and watch it getting nailed with wood chunks . Ps And it isnt like i have to coordinate yard work with him either , He never does any , He is a lazy "green" freak. Sits on his as$ all day doing nothing, And when his kid is hitting balls i will also let yhou know.