Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 10-02-2013, 07:42 AM   #29
chipset35

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Question...what do you do when the clear bra gets chipped?
chipset35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:20 AM   #30
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffman View Post
Getting mine done tomorrow - just got my 1LE 3 days ago and talked my dealer into tint, clear bra - front and rockers, and wheel/tire insurance and 7 year/ 75,000 mile bumper-bumper warranty for $2800
I think great deal - thoughts welcome!
Clear Bra:$500-$700 Outsourced, under $200 if they do it in house
Tint: $250-$350....less than $100 in house:
Wheel tire: I think it was $500ish
Leave about $1050 for the bumper to bumper (84/70)

As long at the bumper to bumper is a GM Protection plan and not an aftermarket one is seems fair if you plan to keep the car.

http://www.gmprotectionplan.com/coveragechoices.html

Matt
Old 10-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #31
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipset35 View Post
Question...what do you do when the clear bra gets chipped?
Clear bras don't "chip", they can get marred or damaged/torn from impact. They are soft enough that the majority of rocks/stones will hit it an bounce off, they protect with out damaging the paint below.

If it does get dmaage.....you have that section removed and a new piece installed...

due to the angle of the front of the Camaro most kits are 3 pieces, upper above the headlamps, middle section and lower lip area. (plus fender, mirrors or what ever else you add.

I have 6800 miles, 4 track days, numerous highway miles and no damge to the front of the car with the exception of the 1 chip I received the day before the clear bra went on! :(

Matt

Matt
Old 10-02-2013, 10:06 AM   #32
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
Here are some pics of my clear bra just after it was installed (It still looks this good too.)
Attached Images

Old 10-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #33
Buffman
1LE FTW

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE Recaros NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
Clear Bra:$500-$700 Outsourced, under $200 if they do it in house
Tint: $250-$350....less than $100 in house:
Wheel tire: I think it was $500ish
Leave about $1050 for the bumper to bumper (84/70)

As long at the bumper to bumper is a GM Protection plan and not an aftermarket one is seems fair if you plan to keep the car.

http://www.gmprotectionplan.com/coveragechoices.html

Matt

Matt,
Thanks yep it is a true GM protection plan and the wheel and tire is too and it is unlimited no deductable so I think I got a good deal...definitely plan on keep the car
Thanks for the input...
-Chris
Buffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:57 AM   #34
chipset35

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Looks great! Any list of official dealer/installers and which brands do not turn yellow?
chipset35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #35
RaceAir

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE w/RS
I have had Lumar's relatively new product for about 5 months now on a Victory Red 1LE, and no complaints. Car is mainly kept outside in the Florida sun and heat. No yellowing or streaks/scrapes so far.

A small impact (strong enough to leave a slightly smaller than dimed-sized ding beneath my door) punctured the film a few weeks ago. The dimple behind it would catch and hold water. The installer replaced the piece free of charge with the film now conforming to the dimple. I think the impact would have damaged even the beefier 3M film. That stuff is so pricey (and time consuming) to installI doubt the installer could have done it for free. My Lumar did indeed protect my paint, BTW.

Important note: I had matte black (fade-to-black) gill decals prior to installing the paint protection. The film made those things shiney. It made my gills that were occasionally mistaken as functional inlets look more like decals again. Picture shadows that somehow have a mild shine to them. I wouldn't remove the gill inserts if I had a time machine because I still prefer gills versus no gills, plus they look tons better than gill inserts that have been damaged by gravel. But you folks out there who are doing some kind of custom gill treatment need to be aware that paint protection will make them look shiney and glossy like newly waxed paint.
RaceAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #36
redcbs

Drives: 2014 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Paint protection film / Clear Bra

Definitely get it. And definitely use a reputable applicator. Otherwise you will spend a lot of $$$ and it will look like crud. I had the SunTek Clearcoated Paint protection film applied to mine a few weeks ago and it looks great. Since application, no chips. Even after repeated driving down the dreaded I85 sand blaster…

And if you’re within driving distance of Atlanta….

*Shameless (but very truthful) plug* I HIGHLY recommend Derek with Atlanta Protective Films. (http://www.atlantaprotectivefilms.com/) He used the SunTek Clearcoated film since mine is a dark color. He would use the Xpel Ultimate if it was light colored. He doesn’t do the hood on the Camaro normally since the hood sits so high and flat behind the bumper. Besides, 1LE’s have the vinyl…Also, no protection for the splitter since it’s plastic and the film won’t stick to it.

He quoted me the following:
“Full Front Bumper kit $400
Headlight and Fog Light kit $75
Mirror kit $50
Rear Impact Area kit (lower quarters around the gills) $100
There is sales tax on the material, so it is around $25.”

Came out to around $650 all said and done.

He uses a precision plotter to cut out the pieces (no knifes near the paint and everything is uniform ) He also threw in a piece for behind the door handles (ring protection) and placed another piece at the trunk opening to protect from scratches when loading/unloading.

His work and professionalism was worth every second of the drive from SC to north of Atlanta, where he does his work. He is a perfectionist and it shows. You cannot see the film unless you are actively searching. He also does all the work for Ferrari of Atlanta and he’s worked on some sweet cars. There was a decked out Tesla Model S sitting there that he had just finished working on that morning.

His finished product:

Areas of protection (I forgot to color the fog light though)

Good luck OP
redcbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #37
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
We install Clear Bra at Night Shades and it was the first thing I did to my 1LE even before the Ceramic Window tint was installed!
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 11:25 PM   #38
R19

Drives: Black 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Do these protection films guard against cat scratches? I already have at least two incidents of several scratches from cats and am planning to re-shoot the damaged front bumper with a body shop in LA that also does protective films. Thanks.
R19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 11:56 PM   #39
CHV_FRK

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I did the fascia, full front fenders, a-pillers, back to the sunroof, mirrors, rocker panels, in from and behind of the rear wheel wheels up to the style line. All in xpel. $1100

Looks incredible.
CHV_FRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 08:45 AM   #40
jksynergy

Drives: 11 SW SYNERGY SERIES/14 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHV_FRK View Post
I did the fascia, full front fenders, a-pillers, back to the sunroof, mirrors, rocker panels, in from and behind of the rear wheel wheels up to the style line. All in xpel. $1100

Looks incredible.
hey CHV FRK, looks like you are local. Don't think we've seen you around. Come on out to a cruise or Cars and Coffee. Not too many 1LE's here in St Louis metro.

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Hooker Headers Blackheart exhaust,Powerbrake
InstaGram & Twitter: @jlouie62
FB: hangtimeracing
jksynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:58 AM   #41
1LESSCamaro

Drives: 07 Sierra Denali, 15 1LE
Anybody got an online source for xpel?
1LESSCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 12:25 PM   #42
R19

Drives: Black 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LESSCamaro View Post
Anybody got an online source for xpel?
Internet search for 'xpel clear bra' brings up their site.
R19 is offline   Reply With Quote