Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-08-2013, 10:53 PM   #29
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
This^^^
angryv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:22 PM   #30
tbis

Drives: 2016 1SS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbis View Post
The 4th gens seem to hate on 5s too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryv6 View Post
This^^^
It's not even that they drive like a
A holes, i just always get dirty looks from them

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

[SIZE="100"]
tbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #31
yellowrs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS 426 V8 M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
I hate the signal creepers. Do they imagine the Traffic Signal Angel is watching and could turn his light green?
Or does he count on the half length to blow you off?

I like it. I hit the 35MPH and dump it into 4th.

Others are the Stop A Half-Length Back.
So you can just see the front of their car. Are they Cataract Cases? Or do they hope to surprise you. When you hear them go wide open...

I like that, too.

I guess that's why I bought this 426HP 6-speed manual Camaro
LOL
yellowrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:41 AM   #32
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
When I'm out driving around in Blue Angel E V E R Y B O D Y wants to rev me or try and out-accelerate me. I take it as a compliment and form of admiration. I remember as a kid the first time I saw the Blue Angels in action I was in awe. After the show me and the other kids on the street drove our bikes around in diamond wing formation and pretended we were the Angels. I view people's response to my car much the same way. It goes like it looks and sounds, and they react to it the way I reacted to the Blue Angels when I was a kid. Oddly enough about the only cars that don't do that to me are Mustangs lol. If I see a great looking Mustang or Challenger though I give them a thumbs up.

Last night I pulled into a Chevron station to put gas in the car and I wasn't paying attention to anything except getting out of the car and gassing up. My mind was elsewhere while I was standing there holding the handle and after I finished and closed the gas cap door I was walking around the back to get in the car and I look over and see a Nissan with two kids in the back seat holding their phones up recording my car lol. They weren't very old but it was one of those great moments watching a very young boy and girl totally focused on their phone screens following me as I got in the car and fired it up. It instantly brought back memories of when I was a kid and saw a car I was impressed with except we didn't have phones or rarely even a camera back then...just our minds, memories and imagination.

People of all ages appreciate a beautiful car that looks and sounds powerful. Sure there are some idiots out there but by and large I think people are basically like pigeons that when an eagle suddenly appears in their midst, they want to appear powerful and fly like an eagle. Take it as a compliment and a sign of respect.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:42 AM   #33
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
VW Jetta's and any BMW seem to like to blow by me after riding by my side for awhile hoping I will race. German cars, go figure.

Only thing that pisses me off is on the freeway, going about 5-7mph over the limit and a line of cars falls behind me like I am going to be the target for a State Patrol cruiser. State cops drive Chargers...
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:12 AM   #34
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
We all bought Camaros (muscle cars, pony cars, call them what you will), deal with it. If we didn't want the attention, we should have bought a Buick. Fast cars, bikes and boats grab people's attention and seem to make them act foolish. I once was challenged by one of these:
Attached Images

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:26 AM   #35
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
See, the camaro is only a magnet because you WANT it to be. And honestly, I find it more of a d#%(* comment on your part to talk down to all of the kids driving. Ok, so they drive a honda, or a Mazda, what is your point? Heck, 10 yrs ago, by having a honda, it meant their car was gonna last 2x as long as your GM.

As for the kids cutting you off, ever think its because they think your car is GREAT and they want to impress you? Sure, maybe the wrong way to go about it, but what else can you do to get someone's attention?

If anything, I find it more annoying the amount of rednecks with their F-250 diesels or cummins trucks that feel the need to race down the road beside you. However, the situation isn't much different.

Driving an asian car doesn't make you bad, and I get tired of seeing this forum act that way.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:28 AM   #36
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrs View Post
in their rice-burners??
Seriously this is getting old every time there is a little Mazda or other POS they on my a$$ or cutting me off.
Almost like if it is an accomplishment when they pass you.

I think I will tint my windows black....maybe that will help?
NOPE, that doesnt work either...lol! I feel ya pain.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:29 AM   #37
PSUsupaman

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Convertible
Donate money to the Fraternal Order of Police...then slap this little sticker on the back and watch all the ricers line up behind you because they are afraid to pass that Camaro that could be an undercover cop!?

Old 08-09-2013, 06:31 AM   #38
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
When I'm out driving around in Blue Angel E V E R Y B O D Y wants to rev me or try and out-accelerate me. I take it as a compliment and form of admiration. I remember as a kid the first time I saw the Blue Angels in action I was in awe. After the show me and the other kids on the street drove our bikes around in diamond wing formation and pretended we were the Angels. I view people's response to my car much the same way. It goes like it looks and sounds, and they react to it the way I reacted to the Blue Angels when I was a kid. Oddly enough about the only cars that don't do that to me are Mustangs lol. If I see a great looking Mustang or Challenger though I give them a thumbs up.

Last night I pulled into a Chevron station to put gas in the car and I wasn't paying attention to anything except getting out of the car and gassing up. My mind was elsewhere while I was standing there holding the handle and after I finished and closed the gas cap door I was walking around the back to get in the car and I look over and see a Nissan with two kids in the back seat holding their phones up recording my car lol. They weren't very old but it was one of those great moments watching a very young boy and girl totally focused on their phone screens following me as I got in the car and fired it up. It instantly brought back memories of when I was a kid and saw a car I was impressed with except we didn't have phones or rarely even a camera back then...just our minds, memories and imagination.

People of all ages appreciate a beautiful car that looks and sounds powerful. Sure there are some idiots out there but by and large I think people are basically like pigeons that when an eagle suddenly appears in their midst, they want to appear powerful and fly like an eagle. Take it as a compliment and a sign of respect.
: clap2:
Old 08-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #39
molsonbrador

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2018 Colorado
Doc that was beautiful. Hats off.
molsonbrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:23 AM   #40
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
See, the camaro is only a magnet because you WANT it to be. And honestly, I find it more of a d#%(* comment on your part to talk down to all of the kids driving. Ok, so they drive a honda, or a Mazda, what is your point? Heck, 10 yrs ago, by having a honda, it meant their car was gonna last 2x as long as your GM.

As for the kids cutting you off, ever think its because they think your car is GREAT and they want to impress you? Sure, maybe the wrong way to go about it, but what else can you do to get someone's attention?

If anything, I find it more annoying the amount of rednecks with their F-250 diesels or cummins trucks that feel the need to race down the road beside you. However, the situation isn't much different.

Driving an asian car doesn't make you bad, and I get tired of seeing this forum act that way.
Go buy a ricer then
Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:29 AM   #41
yellowrs
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post

My other car is a Toyota Tundra and my wife drives a Honda CRV.
Neither my wife or I try to chase down muscle cars while driving on the freeway.
Oh and my wife is Asian, almost forgot about that.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:31 AM   #42
yellowrs
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUsupaman View Post
Donate money to the Fraternal Order of Police...then slap this little sticker on the back and watch all the ricers line up behind you because they are afraid to pass that Camaro that could be an undercover cop!?

I will give that a try