Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 06:02 PM   #29
skirush

Drives: 2013 1LS
Since you have the 2 LS, I'm guessing you have an automatic. I test drove an automatic with the first V6 and I did think it was a little doggy. I have the LFX V6 that you a have but I have the manual and I think it makes a big difference. 323 horsepower is fine for me right now.

The V6 does have some benefits. Better gas mileage and it is easier to drive year round with bad weather. I live in PA and we get a lot of snow and I've never had a problem.

I agree with the others that it might be a bit early to get a price for your car that you would be happy with. And, I also agree that selling it out right will probably give me a better price...but, it might take a while. That being said...maybe you can find a salesperson who is desperate to meet his or her quota for the month. You never know...

I would keep it for a little bit longer and get some add - ons like a CAR and axle back exhaust.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:02 PM   #30
Shift_Rejected
2010 2SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS (L99)
Clicked the link and got a virus warning pop-up.. BEWARE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Old 01-14-2014, 06:18 PM   #31
Cars and Tea
Banned

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
I would like to point out as a V8 owner, I am proud this did not turn into a "HA HA! you bought a V6 and hate it" thread
Old 01-14-2014, 06:20 PM   #32
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
If you do get a SS, then the mods start all over again. more power....
Old 01-14-2014, 06:27 PM   #33
mrpyle

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS - Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikoriko View Post
If you do get a SS, then the mods start all over again. more power....
^^^^
Then there is that too ... an endless pursuit.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:31 PM   #34
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
It all comes down to what can you afford to buy? Your insurance will go up, your cost of fuel will go up, and you won't be able to drive in the winter at all unless you buy some winter tires. Not too mention the urge not to speed and getting tickets.

Do what you want and don't let us tell you what to do, it's your ride.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:32 PM   #35
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Been there done that. Best advice is just do it. You'll be miserable paying every month for a car you dont want. I traded my v6 in on my SS within 7 mths. I lost a few grand in the switch but didnt matter to me. I'd sell the v6 now while its still low miles and get the max trade for it.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:48 PM   #36
FASTLIFESS
Account Suspended

Drives: SS
Get the SS. Trust me you will never be happy with a v6. The power is just not there
Old 01-14-2014, 07:31 PM   #37
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
Do what makes you happy life is short.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:50 PM   #38
skirush

Drives: 2013 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEMayhem View Post
Do what makes you happy life is short.
There's that too. Good point.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:01 PM   #39
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
So basically...it sounds like you pretty much financed the entire car, as the 2LS goes for what....24 or 25K max?

Sorry to say but just by driving off the lot you lost a few grand on that car. Your not going to be getting into a decent low mileage 10 or 11 SS for 26K when you include the lost thousands on your current car + the cost of the used SS.

If your are someone that loves power and wants big large amounts of it I don't see how you fall into this trap...not to mention the 2LS is the slowest version of the V6s. Its the economical version with higher gearing and no manual mode.

Everyone here is going to tell you to just do it because they could care less about your situation. But you really need to sit down, do the math and figure out what you can afford and still maintain the current lifestyle you are accustomed to. If another 100 - 200 dollars a month is going to hurt your wallet then by all means you really should stay put.

I wish you the best of luck, but I don't think your going to get into an SS with low or even moderate mileage. You'll be looking at well used rides at the very least.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:21 PM   #40
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Here's my suggestion,

Take the next 8-10 months, add $200 to your payment and see how your finances look at the end of that period. If you aren't struggling to make the payments then sure the SS would be a great upgrade. Honestly though, this is a crossroads for the Camaro line, nobody knows how the 6 gen is really going to look besides GM. Believe it or not, even if the 6 gen takes the road of the mustang there will be people raring to get one and selling off their current ride. My advice would be wait, those payments can at least balance out your equity and when you do pull the trigger you'll have a clear idea of how the checkbook will be affected.

As for depreciation, the car lost a couple grand right off the lot buying it new. I wouldn't worry too much about it, more about making sure your head is over the waves.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:51 PM   #41
jravenfan

Drives: 2013 2SS Blue Ray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by rozay View Post
So you mean just keep paying it untill im not upside down? If i keep paying it another year or so wouldnt the value of my camaro down meaning still be upside down? Sorry not really good with car value and finance
Upside down is a term used when you owe more than the car is worth, as is the case when you don't make a large down payment. the car lost value as soon as you drove off the lot. it's hard to swallow but unfortunately that's the car biz.

your quest for more power won't stop with an SS, but it is a better base to build upon.
good luck on whatever you decide.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:09 PM   #42
Dubscamaro
Living Life in MPH.

Drives: 15 Summit White 2SS 1LE
You type of guys make me mad..be happy with what you have, be lucky you have it. V6 is still hella fast. If I were to upgrade, he'll I wouldn't get and ss, I'd go big with the zl..why do so many people down and hate on the v6's? Either way it's a beautiful camaro.

Closed Thread