Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-01-2009, 01:11 AM   #29
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35th02ss View Post
I understand that most people have very good intentions when posting, what they don't realize is the consequences it can have. Which can be very devastating to a company or person for that matter.....

Case in point would be the delivery checklist that was posted and removed because of the negative impact. This was spread like wildfire and sadly half of the items were not and issue. Isolated cases mostly. A list like this could change the mind of a buyer or have someone back out of a deal. Either hurts the company not to mention the way consumers think.....

These cars by far are some of the best that GM has produced. We on this forum know this and there are many many posts that say the same. But not everyone gets on these forums so the average buyer only gets to see what the auto sites have to say and a list like this could change the mind of that person...

I'm off my box now, flame away.......
Amen..............I picked my car up Thursday, all nervous worried about rocker panels, A-pillars popping off, etc. THE CAR IS PERFECT, not an issue. WHat a great solid machine. Anyone going by the negative posts is losing out on one of the most solid cars I have ever owned or even have been in. And I have been in some exotic cars.

AWESOME JOB GM, Thank You
Old 08-01-2009, 03:18 AM   #30
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
Here's some food for thought, just throwing it out there so mods behave....
It's OK, to post about a bad dealer for gouging the price or bad service. But its not OK if something gets posted if it somehow sheds a bad light on GM?

To me, its a win-win. The dealer MIGHT get thier act together and fix thier wrongs if it out there and the same goes for GM.
What GM should have done was reply to that checklist and said FIXED AT FACTORY on each issue that was corrected...

=Bobby
I think this would have been a better solution than just making it disappear. All those things on the list did happen and what should have been done is a re-write of the list that divides it up into sections of problems affected 1-5, 5-10 people, 10-20..etc.. Having it further divided into a "fixed by dealer" problem vs "fixed issue at the factory level". By not fixing the list, it simply leaves it out there for people to read since its been published on all other car websites... GM would be better off if the list gets updated and cleaned so that those websites are forced to publish the newer list that does not look as scary.. my two cents on this issue..
Old 08-01-2009, 09:10 AM   #31
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
I think this would have been a better solution than just making it disappear. All those things on the list did happen and what should have been done is a re-write of the list that divides it up into sections of problems affected 1-5, 5-10 people, 10-20..etc.. Having it further divided into a "fixed by dealer" problem vs "fixed issue at the factory level". By not fixing the list, it simply leaves it out there for people to read since its been published on all other car websites... GM would be better off if the list gets updated and cleaned so that those websites are forced to publish the newer list that does not look as scary.. my two cents on this issue..
I'll do the leg work.

But I say again. Even though many people on here think we are full of crap (Me , Scott, rpepka, and others) who are having the 'slow' problem, IT IS A LEGITIMATE ISSUE. And I believe it should be brought out. I have gone to lengths to not bash this car or GM. And I still like the car. (other than the performance) but what kind of service am I doing to others by not mentioning it. Great Idea Supermans, if we could get the info from all of the owners.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:53 PM   #32
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
What's the saying
The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #33
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
I'll do the leg work.

But I say again. Even though many people on here think we are full of crap (Me , Scott, rpepka, and others) who are having the 'slow' problem, IT IS A LEGITIMATE ISSUE. And I believe it should be brought out. I have gone to lengths to not bash this car or GM. And I still like the car. (other than the performance) but what kind of service am I doing to others by not mentioning it. Great Idea Supermans, if we could get the info from all of the owners.

We know it's an issue on a few of the L99 cars -- and we have not forgotten about you....in a perfect world, we'd have been down there two weeks ago - and looked at your cars --

However, we have quite a few less people working for us these days.....(as you all know) and we're trying to solve all quality issues prior to the cars leaving Oshawa -- INCLUDING the Manual Transmission issue that surfaced a couple of weeks ago.

(by the way -- you have a PM...)

No one's asking anyone to sweep anything under the rug -- we're just asking you to think before you post.....
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 04:44 PM   #34
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
We know it's an issue on a few of the L99 cars -- and we have not forgotten about you....in a perfect world, we'd have been down there two weeks ago - and looked at your cars --

However, we have quite a few less people working for us these days.....(as you all know) and we're trying to solve all quality issues prior to the cars leaving Oshawa -- INCLUDING the Manual Transmission issue that surfaced a couple of weeks ago.

(by the way -- you have a PM...)

No one's asking anyone to sweep anything under the rug -- we're just asking you to think before you post.....
PM recieved. Thanx. That's fair.

And as far as Bonnie in a CTS-V, we'll have to see.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:44 AM   #35
rpepka

Drives: 2013 ZL1 # 2195
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Here's the deal.....

A few well-intentioned people thought a thread with 'all known problems' with the new Camaro would be a great idea.........

..........the problem is that several sites have picked it up --published it without ANY context..... and frankly some consumer sites are saying "don't buy the car -- it's riddled with problems...." (...if you were to stumble across the list, it would raise your eyebrows as well.....) (........now if only other enthusiast sites for Toyota and Honda and everyone else would be so 'helpful' by posting the issues that those manufacturers have....and if only consumer sites would pick them up as well.........)

As to someone saying something along the lines of "if we don't talk about it here, GM won't know about it.." Not true.

First -- we're calling owners to discuss the car. We want to know your thoughts and we want to know about any problems you've encountered......

Second - we have almost a thousand cars in Captive Test Fleet -- as a driver of a CTF car - you MUST call in to OnStar at least twice a week and report ANY issue or problem --

Third -- we're monitoring warranty claims - as soon as something happens, we know about it......

I think the starter cable may have been the fastest recall ever performed by any manufacturer.....

Yes - we want to fix any known issue -- but I don't know that any of us benefit from a consumer site telling people not to buy a Camaro.

(...can you say 'resale value?' )

As to the L99 issue -- we will get to the bottom of the issue -- but we have been working 24/7 on all quality issues as well as the Tremec Issue. (we have a few less employees than we had a year ago.....)

Sorry if I'm coming off a bit strong.....it's late -- it's been a long day/month/year.....

I guess it all comes down to this: We (that's you and me) need to think sometimes before we hit "send"......
Hello fbodfather,

If you are working on the L99 problem PLEASE TELL ME WHY GM IS TELLING THAT THERE IS NOTHING WRONG with our cars even after the dealer says they are very slow, I have been flat out lied to by GM, saying everything is alright.

Thanks,
rpepka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:38 AM   #36
Chrisrp454

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS M6, 98Z28 M6
Can anyone pm me the check list. Why you ask?
Because there are some mistakes, noone is perfect and I would like to check what I can before I leave the dealership.
Thanks

Ordered 5/23/2009
3400 with TPW of 08/03/09
3800 8/11/2009
Arrived 8/21/2009 2SS/RS/Aqua Blue/Grey Interior
Chrisrp454 is offline   Reply With Quote