Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-19-2015, 08:30 AM   #29
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksta View Post
At least our v8s roar.

Ricers purr.. like a domesticated house cat.
They don't always purr. The ones at OSW sound like the pistons are about to come out at the line, especially the rotaries (which I guess don't have pistons but nonetheless). I don't think I could drive a car that made noises like that when I raced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
OP, I know a number of import cars (I think ricer is so tacky to generalize all Japanese cars) that would light you up and laugh while they are doing it.
Racing is a generally tacky event, hence the amount of beer sold. God Bless Hooters.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:42 AM   #30
2013 ZL1 #7860

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 #7860
There is a completely different side of the "car enthusiast" world that has nothing to do with V8's and RWD. Everyone here should visit sometime and see what the other side is doing. Might learn something new and make a friend.

FYI, everybody hates "ricers" including the legit "tuners" and the "V8 only crowd".

I have a video drag racing a low 9 second EVO at the track. I took him out of the hole by a lot and then it was like he lit a rocket and was just gone. He was toying with me and about 1/2 the race cars at the track that night in his 4 cyl...

Here is the video...

Put some racing numbers on your windows. Since I did that, I haven't had any Ricers or Tuners or even Muscle try to race me on the street...

Last edited by 2013 ZL1 #7860; 03-19-2015 at 07:48 PM.
2013 ZL1 #7860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:43 AM   #31
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by DsCamaro1 View Post
Dont get me wrong I know there are some good import cars but these are Hondas and civics and stuff. I understand there idea of having a cheap sports car but these cars are not built for racing nor are they safe for racing. I dont race on streets at least what I call racing I mean I can go 0 to 60 on a highway but that's about it. When Im ready to race it will be on a track amd ill have all the proper components to do so. But these kids just put money into a piece of junk and think its the best shit in the world. I just dont get the logic. Why not get a better job to aford the more expensive cars that are better to spend money on.
First off, many of these import street cars are built just as much for racing as your domestic street car. Second, many of these import street cars cost as much or more than your domestic street car. Finally, there are just as many idiots with Camaros are there are with Imports, Mustangs, Chargers, Vettes, etc.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:43 AM   #32
2013 ZL1 #7860

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 #7860
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCracka View Post
They don't always purr. The ones at OSW sound like the pistons are about to come out at the line, especially the rotaries (which I guess don't have pistons but nonetheless). I don't think I could drive a car that made noises like that when I raced.

Racing is a generally tacky event, hence the amount of beer sold. God Bless Hooters.
2 step...
2013 ZL1 #7860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:46 AM   #33
Towlie

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99
Ricers as we call them are not just imports. They can be any make of car and I have personally had to pull off the highway because of asshats in cobalts and neons acting a fool trying to race me. Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements, nothing about imoprt only in that acronym. It may typically be more the imports, but a good 40% are domestics. Why am I as camaro owner defending them? Because I hate the stereotype and I used to drive a civic, a very fast one at that (have video and Dyno graphs to prove it for all you non-believers) and I would have more muscle and sport cars mess with ME without and reason. Just pull up at a light and start reving their engines at me, like look, my dick is bigger than yours because I drive a American muscle car. With that said, I do see tons of import ricers and they do mess with me in my camaro, so I do see both sides of the issue.
Towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:01 AM   #34
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
They just want to see what a real car can do.
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:06 AM   #35
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Old 03-19-2015, 09:10 AM   #36
The Patriot

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS VERT
I just drop the top so they can see my beautiful wife, and smile. My car is a sexy beast, and I'm just out to have fun and enjoy life with a few horsepower to make life interesting. Got nothing to prove, so they can rev their 1.6 liter, bottle-fed abominations all they want, and jump me off the light if they feel froggy. The Camaro LOOKS cool and turns heads, people appreciate its subtle power. Ricers just look like silly "try hards". I was a kid once too, let them have THEIR fun, I'll have mine.

"Today I didn't even have to use my AK, I got ta' say it was a good day"
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:24 AM   #37
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkentect View Post
Easily a classic to be published!
+1 awesome
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:40 AM   #38
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCracka View Post
Hmmm...guess you've never had a real race car?
Old 03-19-2015, 10:55 AM   #39
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
Hmmm...guess you've never had a real race car?
Or you have not.....
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:00 AM   #40
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DsCamaro1 View Post
Just recently since I got my camaro I have noticed alot of ricers trying to race me. I have a stock engine except for a CAI I put in. Is this a common thing for these people. I mean if your going to try and race at least get a car that can actually race. I just dont understand them. WHY????
Yep, nature of the beast. Our rides are a milestone. If they can beat us, they've done good work and they can feel better about themselves.

How've I shaken them off? Add some wide tires, a nice drop, maybe some wheels, some aggressive lighting and exhaust, and they'll think twice about giving you a run.

It was day and night after I put the Nitto's on... ricers don't wanna go no more, and Cali is full of them lol
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:04 AM   #41
Team STILLEN

Drives: Varies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towlie View Post
Ricers as we call them are not just imports. They can be any make of car and I have personally had to pull off the highway because of asshats in cobalts and neons acting a fool trying to race me. Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements, nothing about imoprt only in that acronym. It may typically be more the imports, but a good 40% are domestics. Why am I as camaro owner defending them? Because I hate the stereotype and I used to drive a civic, a very fast one at that (have video and Dyno graphs to prove it for all you non-believers) and I would have more muscle and sport cars mess with ME without and reason. Just pull up at a light and start reving their engines at me, like look, my dick is bigger than yours because I drive a American muscle car. With that said, I do see tons of import ricers and they do mess with me in my camaro, so I do see both sides of the issue.
I couldn't agree more!

We work on All different kinds of cars and trucks each day. Currently we are Supercharging a Camaro, Challenger SRT8, Raptor and 370Z Nismo. You will always have people thinking their car is the most superior and can beat anyone and anything. People just need to be educated sometimes.

Never count out an import though. Yes, there are those cars that just added a muffler and think they are bad ass but there are those imports that will look like a sleeper and completely smoke a V8!

As an enthusiast, I just love all cars and trucks in general. To each their own.

JT
Team STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:18 AM   #42
steakmaker

Drives: '10 Camaro SS,Jeep Commander Hemi
Thank You so much Becky !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
I think this goes here:

T'was a night in mid May and caught at the light,

I spied a domestic V8- with no cops in sight.

Should I try, should I dare with my much smaller motor,

try to beat that Camaro- even with that big blower?

As the light turned to green, I pulled like no joke

Camaro erupted in clouds of tire smoke.

On Smasher, on Rev-ver, on Stroker, on Blitzen!

(These are the names of my four VTEC pistons.)

Racing ahead I’m the star of the action-

but I know I’m in trouble when Camaro gets traction.

Grabbing second, I hear the RPMs sing

My mirror is blocking my shopping cart wing…

I now hear the roar of the big monster gaining,

And try in vain to keep my four bangers straining.

In a second the shock wave hits with a blast

and my stickers go flying, now a thing of the past.

Don’t bother with third, cause now it’s too late

So I try to act cool like I can relate.

As I watched the taillights get smaller and smaller,

The driver backed off to give me a holler-

“You can’t win them all,” he said with a smile,

“Camaro clocks under 12 on the quarter mile.”

Thank You Becky,We all needed that,makes me want to take the car out of storage now.
steakmaker is offline   Reply With Quote