Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-10-2015, 09:44 PM   #29
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem View Post
A "queen" would insinuate that she was being treated nice, pampered if you will. I look at the ground, I look at the sky, I look at the thermometer then decide which tool is best for the job. Plenty of choices around here, I like transportation.
Hmm beater or camaro, let's see upper 30s now and upper 50s later in the day I'll go camaro. Wait rain comes tomorrow, bring out the beater lol. Agree with quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:57 PM   #30
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
What is winter?
Just joking but I hate you. Was forced to buy a winter car this year cause VA winters seem to get worse every year.
witenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 10:08 PM   #31
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
Hmm beater or camaro, let's see upper 30s now and upper 50s later in the day I'll go camaro. Wait rain comes tomorrow, bring out the beater lol. Agree with quote
New to the beater world. Not bragging at any means. Just made due. Just bought what I think is a beater, I think it has an oil leak and while driving some bumps feels like the whole front suspension is going to fall off. Hate to feel I wasted money on the beater, but how much do you spend on a beater to keep it running before you lose your losses?
witenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:33 AM   #32
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Keep up with tune ups and making sure you don't find any other surprises. The whole car shakes when I am on the highway going 70, need to bring it in for a balance and alignment and of course tires. Grand touring tires suck during the snow season probably picking up snow tires for $300.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:52 AM   #33
CurtiSSWatson

Drives: Black SS
Im in North Dakota where the whole state is flat, winds are up to 40mph, temps are down to -50 at times, on average -teens. It is always icy in the winter, with snow. I drove on the factory tires a few times, no problems. Pirelli Ice Scorpions are my winter setup as well, and I never had any issues. No need for the sand bags, but if you want I guess it wouldn't hurt.

With the 5th gen being such a heavy car + all the driving assist modes, its very stable. Im pushing 420 rwhp.

Being in the military and getting orders to places like this sucks lol, but I made due. The is is my experience because the car has seen 2 winters, wont see this winter or another.
CurtiSSWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:53 AM   #34
xinfamousxi

Drives: Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtiSSWatson View Post
Im in North Dakota where the whole state is flat, winds are up to 40mph, temps are down to -50 at times, on average -teens. It is always icy in the winter, with snow. I drove on the factory tires a few times, no problems. Pirelli Ice Scorpions are my winter setup as well, and I never had any issues. No need for the sand bags, but if you want I guess it wouldn't hurt.

With the 5th gen being such a heavy car + all the driving assist modes, its very stable. Im pushing 420 rwhp.
What sizes?
xinfamousxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:06 AM   #35
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
It's sad but they are future rust buckets for sure. Get a beater front wheel drive car or 4x4 for the winter, save your Camaro but that is just experience talking. My SS will be around for a long time, it's my "Barn Find", I'm just putting it up in advance. My car is a garage King !! Pretty nice to pull the cover off and take a ride in my New 2010 SS.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 12:02 PM   #36
Spanky1

Drives: 2017 2SS Summit White Camaro M6
you won't need any sand bags with those tires.
Spanky1 is offline   Reply With Quote