Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-29-2016, 03:10 PM   #29
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
How do u have 1,300+ posts on here and not know the ZL1 is supercharged lol?
Old 06-29-2016, 03:11 PM   #30
failshift
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Man View Post

Probobly the same way people claim to know about cars and make very poor "mod" choices

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LSX376 SLP TVS2300 '13 1LE
Full front half protected by Xpel PPF
Instagram:@Failshift
625hp/582tq
1LE Owners Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/559684050767758/
failshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 03:16 PM   #31
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Man View Post
LOL'd at this for like a solid 60 seconds

Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 04:04 PM   #32
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
I'm starting to think we are being trolled. This thread is not making any sense.

flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 05:03 PM   #33
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
I'm starting to think we are being trolled. This thread is not making any sense.
Most threads on here don't make any sense.

Last edited by rebelyell22; 06-29-2016 at 10:00 PM.
rebelyell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 07:02 PM   #34
SteelCamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS LS3
Screw the swapping nonsense. Track-ready, low-mileage Z/28s can be had now for mid to high 40s. Then go to town on that LS7 to your heart's desire. It's amazing how much the demand for those has fallen.
SteelCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 11:38 AM   #35
hahnlogic

Drives: 2011 1lt RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
I do apologize if you guys think I am trolling this thread, just wanted to get some clarity, so I didn't wind up in a project that I am tearing my hair out, and pissing away money.

Last question and then can close this threat. Been researching the STS remote twin kit for a v6, seems like it's a good way to add power? Only question is I'd like to run more PSI than what the kit is set from factory. I believe its 4psi, would like to get closer to 9ish if thats possible? read a couple threads saying that 5 was hard to reach, but that was in 2012. Just want to see if anyone else has figured a way out, and what engine / trans upgrades will need to be preformed, if at all?

Really appreciate everyones input!
hahnlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 12:17 AM   #36
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by hahnlogic View Post
I do apologize if you guys think I am trolling this thread, just wanted to get some clarity, so I didn't wind up in a project that I am tearing my hair out, and pissing away money.

Last question and then can close this threat. Been researching the STS remote twin kit for a v6, seems like it's a good way to add power? Only question is I'd like to run more PSI than what the kit is set from factory. I believe its 4psi, would like to get closer to 9ish if thats possible? read a couple threads saying that 5 was hard to reach, but that was in 2012. Just want to see if anyone else has figured a way out, and what engine / trans upgrades will need to be preformed, if at all?

Really appreciate everyones input!
Easy to get 9 or even 10 PSI with the STS these days... only thing is you have to install it about 14 inches into the rear arse port, which is usually exit only... You could go 15" but that would be pushing it...
Old 07-03-2016, 12:25 AM   #37
hahnlogic

Drives: 2011 1lt RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
Easy to get 9 or even 10 PSI with the STS these days... only thing is you have to install it about 14 inches into the rear arse port, which is usually exit only... You could go 15" but that would be pushing it...
Cool, on stock internals and clutch? Is that achievable out of the box, or do you need boost controller/upgraded waste gates, or springs. Also can you explain a lil more about the 14" -15", sorry not following. Need to get a bigger diameter tube to run through? Also would it make sense to custom the kit, and possibly get the turbos closer to the motor, thinking shortly after the cat, and just bend up some tubing to accommodate.

-- never mind about the relocation on the kit.... had a brain fart, and forgot about the air cleaners... whoops

Last edited by hahnlogic; 07-03-2016 at 12:28 AM. Reason: forgot a couple things
hahnlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 01:06 AM   #38
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by hahnlogic View Post
Cool, on stock internals and clutch? Is that achievable out of the box, or do you need boost controller/upgraded waste gates, or springs. Also can you explain a lil more about the 14" -15", sorry not following. Need to get a bigger diameter tube to run through? Also would it make sense to custom the kit, and possibly get the turbos closer to the motor, thinking shortly after the cat, and just bend up some tubing to accommodate.

-- never mind about the relocation on the kit.... had a brain fart, and forgot about the air cleaners... whoops
Seriously, what I am thinking is that maybe you love your V6, but you want more performance, enough to keep pace with modded V8's. No matter what you do to though, it will still lack the lower end tourque and power of a V8, so why not just start there?

It had not occurred to me until reading these forums how ridiculously difficult it is to swap engines in a modern vehicle. It's not something I would attempt, yet I can understand people who seek that kind of challenge.

Tags
1lt, engine swap, transmission problem, z/28, zl1