Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-08-2009, 03:19 PM   #29
camaroincarolina

Drives: 1SS Aqua Blue Metallic
I had my ABM 1SS about a week when I pulled into a gas station to fill up. The female attendant left the counter with people ready to ring up and ran outside and was all over my car. She said " I thought this was one of dem Challengers, but it's one of dem damn Transformers!" I nearly died from laughter!
camaroincarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:23 PM   #30
camaroincarolina

Drives: 1SS Aqua Blue Metallic
I also get a lot of attention from the license plate. I thought long and hard about what I should put on it. When I got the car everybody that saw her said sweet, so I decided on SWEETSS for the license plate. I was not thinking that some people might not know what SS stands for. So now my nickname is Sweet Ass!
camaroincarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:43 PM   #31
Mr Smith
Born again Hot Rodder

Drives: Black 1SS/RS LS3 M6
A ricer thought he could take me at the red light...
Mr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #32
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
I was coming back from a sunnys days outing and stopped to get gas before heading home. It was at one of those BIG gas stations, had at least 20 pumps and a huge store. You have to pay before you pump. I had opened the gas cap before I realized that, I started to walk towards the store, when the PUMP started to talk to me.....she had a VERY NICE VOICE...lol. All the girls working there spotted my car and were gathered up at the front waiting for me to come it.......they started asking for rides, LOL I pointed to the car and told them that if they could convince my wife that I needed to give them rides, it would be on.......lol needless to say, no one got a ride. But I did have a BIG smile on my face.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:23 PM   #33
kingsnakes2LT
Kingsnakes2LT

Drives: 2010 2LT CAMARO, ABM, White Stripes
Send a message via Skype™ to kingsnakes2LT
Talking Even young kids know about the great 5th Gen Camaro.

I love it when I drive bye elementry age kids. They get all excited and start saying "LOOK! It's the new Camaro. That's cool".

Two young boys were walking home from the bus stop as I was parking my ABM RS W/White Rally Stripes.
The one boy said "Is that the 2010 Camaro?" Before I could answer, the other boy shouted at him saying "Of course it is stuipd, didn't you see the eyeball headlights, That's how you know it's a new Camaro."

They both said "Nice Car.", as they walked bye my car.
I just said "Thank you" and smiled.

On two different occasions I have been sitting in my Camaro talking to my son on the hands free bluetooth, and have had people pull up to me and start asking questions. This one time, I had to end my conversation with my son because the couple in the other car just kept asking and asking questions. I didn't want to be rude to strangers, so I told my son I would call him back and hung up. My son got a big kick out of the fact that people interupted our conversation to talk to me about my Camaro.

The 5th Gen Camaro is a beauty and I think people just fall in love with her when they see her. I know I did.

Kingsnake Ordered: Order # NKNMSX, 6-15-09 - 2LT, RS, with Auto6, Aqua Blue Metalic, Factory Installed White Rally Stripes, Sun Roof, & 20x8/20x9 Polished Alum. Wheels :cool

1100 Order Placed- 6/15/09
2000 Order Accepted by GM - 8/14/09
3000 Order accepted by Prod. Control - 8/19/09 - TPW 9/14/09
3800 Vehicle Produced - 9-15-09 - 2G1FC1EV1A9146788
4B00 Bayed - 9-16-09
4200 Available to Ship - 9-19-09
In Transit - 9-22-09
5000 Vehicle at Dealer - 9-25-09
6000 Delivered to Customer - 9-28-09
My Car, #1406 of 1592 ABM LTs built = PRICELESS
kingsnakes2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 04:33 PM   #34
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
I was at the hospital the other day for tests...long story...
Anyway, I was driving around and around this multi-level parking garage looking for the perfect, safe as possible, parking spot...
There was a security guard in a van in front of me and I was following him still looking for a spot when he pulls off to the side, gets out of his van, and I figured, "good, I can ask him where to park"...
Turns out he comes over to ME and my CAMARO, and says, "Nice car, really, really nice car...how much did you pay for it?"...
LOL, I was quite flattered and I told him that the base price is $23,000, and mine was a bit more, as I added some options...
His face looked shocked, as I'm sure he thought it cost a lot more...
I've had people ask me if I paid $50-60,000 for it, and are shocked to know it cost almost half that amount...

Did I happen to mention that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this car?!?!...lol...
Old 10-08-2009, 04:47 PM   #35
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL View Post
I was at a gas station when this couple drove up on the other side of the pump, got out and keep staring at my car. The guy said "Nice Maro man". The girl said "Yea, I wanna have sex in that thing". I smiled and said thanks as I closed the gas cap, that's when my wife yelled from inside the car "What Did You Say?".

Good Times.
That's funny too!

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:14 PM   #36
baumy2eagle
Baumy2eagle

Drives: 2010 Camaro & 96 GMC Jimmy
Send a message via Yahoo to baumy2eagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
I was coming back from a sunnys days outing and stopped to get gas before heading home. It was at one of those BIG gas stations, had at least 20 pumps and a huge store. You have to pay before you pump. I had opened the gas cap before I realized that, I started to walk towards the store, when the PUMP started to talk to me.....she had a VERY NICE VOICE...lol. All the girls working there spotted my car and were gathered up at the front waiting for me to come it.......they started asking for rides, LOL I pointed to the car and told them that if they could convince my wife that I needed to give them rides, it would be on.......lol needless to say, no one got a ride. But I did have a BIG smile on my face.
and where exactly would this place be for a single guy like myself!!!!!!!!!!
4200- 9/09/09
Brian Dean Baumgartner
voice over artist for movie trailers
imaging and liners for music
KIXS 108 Morning Show
http://www.myspace.com/baumy2eagleproductions

http://www.kixs.com
baumy2eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:24 PM   #37
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy2eagle View Post
and where exactly would this place be for a single guy like myself!!!!!!!!!!
Its the BIG BUCKEE'S at HWY 59 and fm102 right out side Glen Flora
Old 10-08-2009, 06:28 PM   #38
thesnoopster

Drives: '17 Fifty SS - '18 Traverse Redline
I was wiping mines down and 2 lil kids come (around 8-9yo) and said "Wow cool car.....it looks just like the 2010 Camaro!!!" .... I said "it is a 2010 Camaro"....then the kid replies..."It looks like Bumble Bee!!" ...... I smiled and said "Its the same car as Bumble Bee.." ... then the youngest kid said ..Its AWESOME..."When I grow up .. Im getting me one" ... I thought that was funny.....then to top it off...the youngest ask "Sir ... can you get down on it for us??" LOL ..... I said not here I can't lol
thesnoopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:19 PM   #39
Taniel
v8 rumble...

Drives: Black 2LT
I honestly can't remember how many times people have come up to me and talked to me about my car, or the amount of stares/thumbs-up/shouts of joy I've received while driving...

but I think one of the great moments was when I was driving up a local street past two cops. They were riding next to each other, one on each motorcycle - as soon as they saw my car, they literally stared with heads turned after I had passed. Pretty cool.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:34 PM   #40
halo8hkk

Drives: 2000 Z28. 2010 1SS IMB.
i was at the vet last fri because some asshole did a hit and run on a kitten. (the poor thing was dragging it self across the road, so took it to the vet) any way im talking to the nurse who is a friend of mine, and 2 cop cars pull up and go look at my car. they come in and ask who owns that camaro. i tell them i do. they said that is a bad ass car. after a little chit-chat about the car they leave. i thought was a little funny.

2010 1SS/RS = Mysstique
Whipple Supercharger
Dyno= 618hp 555tq at the wheels
IMB Silver Stripes
VIN#44025
Born: 9/9/09 Delivered: 9/28/09
halo8hkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:35 PM   #41
dreammy
Banned

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM RS
I was at a family picnic at a big city park grillin and chillin.

Fortunately my car was parked within site of the picnic tables....there was a steady line of people stopping looking...a bunch of folks from Japan with cameras jumped off at trolley to take pictures....but the most entertaining? a couple were rolling thru the parking lot....appeared to be leaving for the day. They stop dead in the middle of the lot. Approach the car. the Man drops to his knees in front of the car, folds his hands as if praying ....looks to heaven pleading....as his wife snaps numerous pictures...HILARIOUS
dreammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:53 PM   #42
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroomjohn View Post
Lol nice on an un related note CynAgain werent you the girl in the first pics of the IBM?
Heh! Yes that is me. Thanks!

I think the stories with the kids are the best!!! There's nothing like building brand loyalty right from the start!!!
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote