Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-20-2017, 08:59 AM   #29
Cuda7050

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
How is the drivability of your Lunati cam?
Buttonwillow 2:23.736
Sacramento Raceway 12.89 at 112 mph
Thunderhill 2:22.242
Cuda7050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 08:28 AM   #30
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
K & N in particular is a over the counter type of generic drug induction, a metal tube and often chromed with propensity to heat soak or just plastic chunk with a filter element you oil that's at the local auto parts store and when measured up via others may be in the lower spectrum of gains in HP due to low development costs/materials and mass marketing like very store...... And on comparisons done in the past not always a good gainer.... heck people can screw up making different things, some have made there own out of PVC and such even; then there was that INJUN intake that had the long tube to the wheel well that could Water Lock the engine up with water induction in high water and screw the engine up...LOL heard of couple cases over the years mainly in CAL.... Lots of styles, gains subjective , appearance varied....costs and quality well who does not want the best? Now getting the best cheap....that's another thing where some compromise and regret. that's what a garage sell is for.....LOL
Old 10-22-2017, 09:46 PM   #31
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Wheres the vid ...you had the car back yesterday right...im curious to hear how it sound.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:58 AM   #32
Pro-tuned
Angewendet Ingenieur

Drives: 14 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
I don't get the K&N bashing. I have the Blackhawk and from what I can find it flows just as well as the Roto-Fab. I do like the sealed box look of the Cold Air Inductions model, but how much would I gain?
Try this;
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...+air+induction
Results;
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by Pro-tuned; 10-23-2017 at 04:15 AM.
Pro-tuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 06:56 AM   #33
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Wheres the vid ...you had the car back yesterday right...im curious to hear how it sound.
I saw his car over the weekend. It sounds KILLER! Can't wait for a video clip on here so you guys can hear it too! Shorty headers and all it sounds great!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:45 AM   #34
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
On the spreadsheet, the K&N wasn't far off from the other models tested.

The OTR type intakes just don't look attractive, so maybe I'll go with the black Cold Air Inductions model as I like that one appearance wise and it seems to get good reviews.

Thanks.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:26 AM   #35
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
I saw his car over the weekend. It sounds KILLER! Can't wait for a video clip on here so you guys can hear it too! Shorty headers and all it sounds great!
Ya thats what interests me. I have the shortys as well.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:25 PM   #36
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Ya thats what interests me. I have the shortys as well.
I remembered you had shortys also. It's a little ridiculous the hate he's getting here for having them. Could he get more power with long tubes? Probably, but the car is already wicked and I remember when he installed the shortys that his exhaust tone deepened so much it was incredible.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:07 PM   #37
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
I remembered you had shortys also. It's a little ridiculous the hate he's getting here for having them. Could he get more power with long tubes? Probably, but the car is already wicked and I remember when he installed the shortys that his exhaust tone deepened so much it was incredible.
Ya ive had shorties and hi flows for a few years now. I have commented alot on the shorties vs long tube debates. I get it when the guys say you get more power with longtubes..thats fine. And sure you leave power on the table with a cam compared to longtubes. Regarding a cam for my car..one shop said they will work with what I have....another said i need longtubes. I just bought a Corsa extreme 3 inch cat back and love how it sounds with longtubes. So im thinking of going longtubes regardless wether i cam or not.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:16 PM   #38
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
K & N in particular is a over the counter type of generic drug induction, a metal tube and often chromed with propensity to heat soak or just plastic chunk with a filter element you oil that's at the local auto parts store and when measured up via others may be in the lower spectrum of gains in HP due to low development costs/materials and mass marketing like very store...... And on comparisons done in the past not always a good gainer.... heck people can screw up making different things, some have made there own out of PVC and such even; then there was that INJUN intake that had the long tube to the wheel well that could Water Lock the engine up with water induction in high water and screw the engine up...LOL heard of couple cases over the years mainly in CAL.... Lots of styles, gains subjective , appearance varied....costs and quality well who does not want the best? Now getting the best cheap....that's another thing where some compromise and regret. that's what a garage sell is for.....LOL
My fiancee has the Injen intake on her Cobalt SS and it goes next to the drivers side wheel well. Sure enough, hydrolocked. Had to get one of those weird protective covers for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
On the spreadsheet, the K&N wasn't far off from the other models tested.

The OTR type intakes just don't look attractive, so maybe I'll go with the black Cold Air Inductions model as I like that one appearance wise and it seems to get good reviews.

Thanks.
CAI is the way to go. That's the one I have an love it! It's killer at keeping IAT's down
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:22 AM   #39
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Sorry guys. I'll get a video up on YouTube later in the week and post the link in this thread. As pyroguy stated, the car sounds nasty and the 35hp bump in power is undoubtedly noticeable. A big thank you to Andrew, Alex and the gang at Complete Street Performance in West Chester, PA!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 11:10 AM   #40
DRKS1D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda7050 View Post
How is the drivability of your Lunati cam?
The car drives pretty close to stock. There is the slightest bit of bucking at low RPM's. Perfect for me!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
Old 10-26-2017, 06:22 AM   #41
DRKS1D3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSibSkjQoRU

Old 10-26-2017, 09:23 AM   #42
mrimpala02

Drives: Black 2SS RS w/White Stripes
Sounds great!
Pat G Custom Turbo CamMotion Camshaft | AGP TT BB Garrett 62/65's | AGP/Fore Triple Pumps | ID1700X Injectors | Alky Control Twin Nozzle Meth | Custom 3" Exhaust | 3.27 gear set w/ Tru Trac | McLeod Twin RXT | Barton Short Throw Shifter | 6th Gen ZL1 Wheels | BMR 1.4" drop springs | Pfadt rear trailing arms & tie rods |

Installed by Me & Tuned by Pat G
mrimpala02 is offline   Reply With Quote