Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-22-2018, 09:47 PM   #29
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPLPunk View Post
Not trying to start any wars, but has anyone gotten a tune by one of these guys and then tried one from another? I have a tune from DynoSteve right now, but I am tempted to try one from Jannetty, GPI, etc.

I doubt anyone has hence why I said people will recommend what they know.... I doubt the differences would be large as there is only so much that can be pulled out of a given car based on its potential assuming standard mods. But I would be interested to hear from someone who has tried more than one so please give it a go!

Last edited by qcman; 02-22-2018 at 09:58 PM.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:46 PM   #30
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Dyno Steve is the man & he did the tune on my SS.
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 06:26 AM   #31
chrish70

Drives: 2015 ls3 camaro ss
Another + for RDP Dynosteve, i had my car Tuned by another person and car never seemed to run right and when i raced it at the track i was terribly disappointed with only a 12.87 pass (there was no traction issues or anything) after coming back from the track i searched around here on the forum and found RDP, i gave them a call and was put through to steve, he was super polite and helpful and i decided to book in for a dyno tune the next day, steve dyno tuned my car and improved the power numbers very nicely, i asked what the other tuner had done wrong and steve just said that everyone tunes a different way and would not through the other tuner under the bus, he said head out to the track and see how it goes and let him know, i went back to the same track 1 week later and weather conditions etc were all the same, my very first pass netted me a 11.97 and i ended up besting the day at a 11.91, neadless to say i am super happy and they are now my go to guys, what impressed me most was that he would not say anything bad about the previous tuner and showed respect to someone he didnt even know. RDP for the WIN!
chrish70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:00 AM   #32
DRDZL

Drives: 2015 1LE Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPLPunk View Post
Not trying to start any wars, but has anyone gotten a tune by one of these guys and then tried one from another? I have a tune from DynoSteve right now, but I am tempted to try one from Jannetty, GPI, etc.
Yes I did, struggled for 6 months with a tune, Jannetty fixed it.

Car is a simple bolt ons. Btr cam, headers, intake, no cats.
DRDZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:36 AM   #33
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
Another happy customer of DynoSteve with a SCT tune here, really woke the car up!

2019 SS 1LE - "CaSSandra" 2014 SS - "AleSSandra - Sold" 94 Z28 - Sold

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:51 AM   #34
sdynak

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDZL View Post

So this apparent tuner was not capable or what? What did you go through and why was this tuner not able to help you? It's easy to just say what you did but there are a lot of folks here seeking real information and details would really help put things in perspective.

Please elaborate your findings to help others if you would be so kind to do so since the can is open.
2010 1SS LS3, Black, 235/250, .621/.615, 114 + 4, Kooks Stepped Headers, 3.91's, Bo White PTB, Flowmaster Mufflers, Cold Air Industries CAI, Apex Scoop & Windshield Washer Relocate, SLP Wheels, Skip Shift Eliminate, Barton Flat Stick, OEM HID/Halos, Dyno Tuned by ECS
sdynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:55 AM   #35
chrish70

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDZL View Post

my experience was the opposite to yours however everyone has different experiences with different people and at the end of the day all that is important is that you are happy with your final results as i am extremely happy with mine.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:42 PM   #36
jc615
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro and Sierra
I would suggest people do research outside of c5 as well. Ask people around you who they went to and other websites. Sponsors on here will always have favorable reviews as they pay to be here.
jc615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 01:44 PM   #37
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc615 View Post
I would suggest people do research outside of c5 as well. Ask people around you who they went to and other websites. Sponsors on here will always have favorable reviews as they pay to be here.

You'll see that Dynosteve has excellent reviews for his tunes and work on the SS forum as well.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 01:48 PM   #38
TXM62SS

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Pat G....has an excellent reputation all over the LSX world
Roto-Fab, Bo White TB, Borla Touring Catback
3.91 1LE Gears, MGW
Tuned by Pat G

TXM62SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 03:02 PM   #39
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake90195 View Post
Hey guys had a question that I can't decide on. I live in crap town where options are limited. By that I mean you have to know how to install your own mods and aftermarket items and there is no dyno unless you drive 3 or 4 hours to a city that does have one.

So because of my limited rescources (most dyno shops out of town are closed on weekends and i work full time on weekdays) I'm looking for tuners to do a street tune and get my car as close as possible until I can schedule a vacation or day off to get an appointment to go out and get a real dyno tune.

In running an LS3 with cold air intake, 102 mm ported throttle body, vittisse throttle co troller, cat back exhaust with bbk headers and high flow cats, and Hurst shifter. I do have a zex nos system, a cam and few internal engine modifications I want to install but due to the lack of dyno or inability to get anywhere to do an install and instantly get dyno I've decided to hold off in fear of possibly making a bad situation. So for now those upgrades sit in a box in my garage. I figured with these simple bolt on mods I have installed at the moment all I would need is a good tuner to get a decent street tune and just drive down the road and adjust.

In mainly eyeing a bulldog but can't decide among the many options. What are your guys favorite tuners or recomemdations?
Hello ...
I asked several tuners for help, but always same answeres. like I did something wrong.
Maybe because I am not a potential customer - from somewhere beyond the sea.

Only DynoSteve from RDP Motorsports helped me.
He sold me SCT Tuner, great long tube headers and cats, created a new program for my Camaro and answered all my questions.

If I can help you, go with DynoSteve and RDP. They are the best.

Last edited by George-CZ; 02-23-2018 at 03:23 PM.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 12:36 PM   #40
DRDZL

Drives: 2015 1LE Camaro
Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdynak View Post
So this apparent tuner was not capable or what? What did you go through and why was this tuner not able to help you? It's easy to just say what you did but there are a lot of folks here seeking real information and details would really help put things in perspective.

Please elaborate your findings to help others if you would be so kind to do so since the can is open.
So have followed Camaro 5 for over a year before I joined, read lots of very informative posts. Helped me make all my performance choices including which remote tuner to buy from.

Car is a 2015 1LE. 12,000 kms on it. Drove it stock for the first summer.

I added a Z28 intake, long tube headers, no Cats, 3 inch MBRP Exhaust. BTR stage 3 NA Cam package. ATI damper. Innovative wide band. HP Pro

Real basic, should have been easy to complete for any tuner that does this for a living.

I used HP tuners and sent the stock file. After the base file and got the go ahead I did several logs on Dyno and on road.

Logged AFR on my dyno and on HP tuners, lots of info.

Fist tune received car ran but idled poorly stalled, ran rich. Drivability sucked, WOT fine. Made good power. Several logs, several tunes, lots and lots of waiting and being told he’s not doing remote tuning right now because he’s busy.... so I attempted to correct my idle problems myself while I was waiting for reply. Tuner got pissed. I never sent a log that he wrote a tune for. Was just playing while I was waiting. Tunes I received never made a difference in drivability. He suggested there is something was wrong with the car. By this time it was late fall. I took the car off the road. Sceptical I purchased a tune from Jannety. Re- insured the car as the weather was still nice. Car ran the way it should have from the get go. Wish I did not have a car than ran like a pos all summer.

One and only tune from Ted and it was near perfect. Still have to log and dyno once the snow is gone so Ted can tweak, but I doubt there is much to do.

I was very patient with the first tuner, as he said he was doing me a favour by tuning and not locking the tunes, as I could learn. I find out now you can’t lock HP Tunes. Thanks for nothing. Teds tunes were unlocked also, did not even ask him to leave open.

Now I was trying to figure out why I had such a bad experience with this fellow when everyone one on here highly recommend him so much. He kept telling me he had no time yet I see Tune after Tune and thanks every other day on here.

I thought to myself I can’t be the one and only person who had an issue, on Camaro 5 he’s the King....can’t figure that out.

So I googled his name, wow interesting reading.

I know Every business always has issues, just the way it is. It’s how you handle you issues that separates you from the rest.

Maybe HP tunesrs present a challenge where SCT is copy and paste? Not sure.

It all worked out in the end tuner refunded all my monies after several emails.

So as a business he followed through as a Tuner for me not at all.
DRDZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 02:07 PM   #41
chrish70

So heres some questions that i am always seeing on forums and in advertising and would really like to know.

Question 1. Which Tuning System is Better? Diablosport or Hp Tuners or SCT or EFI Live?

Question 2. Diablosport advertises that if we use one of their units if we take the vehicle into the dealer they will never know the car has been programmed if we re store back to
the stock tune, is this true or a marketing idea to get us to buy this unit? Because i have heard there is a tune counter or something in the system that tells the dealer that the vehicle has been tuned and also has been restored back to standard, is this true or just smart marketing?
Old 02-24-2018, 02:08 PM   #42
chrish70

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXM62SS View Post
Pat G....has an excellent reputation all over the LSX world
who's Pat G?