Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-15-2009, 11:02 PM   #29
RMGee
Clap Clap

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3
The Camaro is probably gonna become a "littered" car around the streets just like the mustang is...

The difference will be that since the camaro is flashier, it will be more annoying
RMGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:09 PM   #30
nashstat

Drives: 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMGee View Post
The Camaro is probably gonna become a "littered" car around the streets just like the mustang is...

The difference will be that since the camaro is flashier, it will be more annoying
You could be right on the popularity of the Camaro... However a few things to keep in mind:

1. Not everyone has the money to go around like they did in 2005 to buy new cars. I hear our economy is not doing so swell!

2. GM has refused to increase the production or hire more people at the Oshawa plant because they know that they are facing initial popularity.

So yes eventually the car will be very popular, but I am not so sure it will beat the Mustang surge anytime soon... different times, and Ford was not coming of a bankruptcy when they released the Mustang, so they could afford to take a risk of higher production numbers that paid off.
nashstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:43 AM   #31
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
There was "excitement level of the Mustang in 2005"??? REALLY??? Ok, I am just kidding. I am not a Mustang guy. I did rent one back then and was not overly impressed, but at the same time was not disappointed either. To me, it was just average and that could have been from the V6 engine in it. However, the Convertible part of it was pretty cool. Went on an 8 hour round trip road trip with it, ok to drive and a comfortable ride (that I remember).
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:06 AM   #32
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I would say that since the Camaro has been on hiatus for many years that the longing makes the heart grow fonder. I think with it's movie presence and overall fit,finish and performance it is very desirable. I think it is more popular because the Mustang was just a new Mustang better than the old one but only incrementally. The new Camaro is a knockout. Soon they will be every where. I'm enjoying this time now because I will remember it forever. In the end thats all that matters to me.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:15 AM   #33
coolman

I was crazy for the 2005 mustang just like the 2010 camaro. I saw one at harrisburg auto show one year before they came out and was hooked. I bought a screaming yellow convertible in may and loved it. I then sold one year later after the excitement wore off. I hope the same doesn't happen with the camaro.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:17 AM   #34
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstLSK View Post
In 2005, when I got to see the first Mustang, I really liked the front end, but that was it. It was kinda like...... WOW....... Ohhhh.

For the Camaro, I was wow'd from the front to the back........ Wow..... WOW........ W O W............

ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:21 AM   #35
rudack
Rudack

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to rudack Send a message via MSN to rudack
I actually bought the new mustang and about 6 months later I was completely sick of it. Heavy, slow, boring... it just wasn't for me. With the Camaro it’s just a different story, nothing feels like it did with the mustang. This car is everything I wanted it to be and more. You will have to pry this car out of my cold dead hands before I would even think of getting rid of it for another car.
ABM 2SS/RS #33390
rudack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:24 AM   #36
reefdiver

Drives: Cheverlot
I really liked the 05 Mustang until I saw it in person. LOL...how due you compare the two!
reefdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:01 AM   #37
chrisgalles
TEXAS FIGHT!

Drives: Awesome
I remember seeing the new mustang for the first time on the cover of a magazine in an autozone. I was unimpressed. Then I saw one on the road... still was unimpressed.

I've never seen a car garner as much attention as this one.
chrisgalles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:04 AM   #38
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
The mustang was really popular, but there seems to be more buzz around the Camaro. At the same time, the mustang sold 192,000 that year. That's more than 16,000 a month. So the Camaro isn't going to match that.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:05 AM   #39
klatterblast

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ssrs blk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sen10l View Post
People have reported here the celebrity attention their Camaro has attracted. Was this the case when the retro Mustang was debuted in 2005?

What I remember was that it took me about 4 months before I was sick of the Mustang. Prior to its release I had downloaded many pictures of it because I thought the car was very handsome, looking a lot like the 1977 Aston Martin V8 Vantage. Then barely 4 months after its release and I was thinking "enough already!!!"

But my question is: did the 2005 Mustang garner the same attention that the Camaro is getting now, or was it more of a muted excitement like the Hyundai Genesis coupe (where people thought "cool" rather than "wow") ??
uhh NO
klatterblast is offline   Reply With Quote