Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-27-2019, 05:45 PM   #29
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
You can’t make this stuff up..

Just recently traded up my 2010 RJT 2LT V6auto for the same year (with 1/3 the miles) “bumblebee” 2SS RS LS3. Admittedly, I knew nothing of the skip shift ridiculousness. So, I start looking online for the fix and it all seems pretty simple. Prior to buying the eliminator, I decide it might be best to get a feel for getting under the car with some ramps and have a look around. I won’t bother you with the long story but just give the details. Here goes...
When I first got the car, I noticed it was a little “stiff” getting into reverse. You guys that are in the know are already laughing. Sure as heck under the car I see an eliminator device all wired up and low and behold it’s hooked up to the reverse lockout solenoid. Hook it up like it’s supposed to be and all is well.
What boggles the mind is how long it was run like this before I got it. The person who hooked it up didn’t notice that not only was it not fixing the skip shift but tightened the hell out of reverse shifting? I’m just thankful it doesn’t appear to have damaged anything. Add to that, the fact that the dealership where I did the trade evidently had no clue about it either. When I asked about the “stiff” reverse feature I was told the usual bull about “ there just like that”. Uh huh...
You can’t make this crap up folks. Think I’ll go for a ride..
0stones0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 05:05 PM   #30
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Identification please

Does anyone recognize this particular eliminator? Just a curiosity thing. Most I’ve seen only have one black connector where this one has two. Might just be older or perhaps a homemade? This is how I found it attached....to the connector for the reverse lockout solenoid. Covered the resistor with G4 grease and then capped it with a rubber plug.

Thanks
Attached Images

0stones0 is offline   Reply With Quote