Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-15-2010, 07:34 PM   #29
Fishdadddy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ; 1970 Firebird Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68/2010 View Post
The other guy that had a problem like yours did call his attorney and it told 5 hrs. and they were ordering him a new car. You did buy a new car and that's want you need to have. Don't let them get away w/ it.
I plan on talking with my attorney on the morning. This is really bugging me.
Fishdadddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:37 PM   #30
Lauryn200
I Pity The Fool

Drives: Jeep Wrangler '06 & VW GTI 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallysport View Post
Drive it through the dealership's showroom window, and claim the accelerator stuck....oh, wait....sorry, that would be a toyota. Nevermind.
LOLOLOL

Name:  FIRST.gif
Views: 207
Size:  499.6 KB
Lauryn200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:26 PM   #31
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Give them a chance to fix it. If it's still not to your liking have them do it again. Chances are they will do a nice job as they don't want to make a customer more upset.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:44 PM   #32
warmongoose66

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Transformer Edition
I had that same problem with Ford when I got my GT in 08, and the dealer had to get me another car with out the paint problems. I know it was a Ford.....
warmongoose66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:55 PM   #33
Atti2de
Móderator

Drives: 2SS/RS
Mine is actually getting the nose and gas tank repainted at the shop of my choosing and GM is paying a little over $400 for it. Too some fighting with the manager but they said ok finally. Place I'm taking it does high end work, they are the only ones who touch my cars. Brought the quote to my dealer and had no problem with the price.

What all are they fixing to cost $1200?
Old 02-16-2010, 09:51 AM   #34
Fishdadddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atti2de View Post
Mine is actually getting the nose and gas tank repainted at the shop of my choosing and GM is paying a little over $400 for it. Too some fighting with the manager but they said ok finally. Place I'm taking it does high end work, they are the only ones who touch my cars. Brought the quote to my dealer and had no problem with the price.

What all are they fixing to cost $1200?

They said they would have to paint the entire drivers door and entire rear quarter up to top of fender to make it right.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:43 AM   #35
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
that is a shame.if it was my car i would let the dealer repair the paint.when it is done,go over it with a fine tooth comb.if it is not to you satisfaction,then call the lawyer.fortunatly i am very lucky i got a perfect car.it is the best built car i have ever seen in my 67 years.i truly hope your problem is resolved to your complete satisfaction.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:46 AM   #36
2010 Bumblebee

Drives: Transformers Edition Camaro 2SS/RS
Exclamation Paint flaws and stripe issues

Hi,

I bought my dream car with all my dream money.. A yellow transformer edition camaro ss/rs

My yellow camaro with black stripes has paint flaws also and they really bother me !!

Like some of you here my car has just 300 mile. I really have not used it..

When I bought the car I looked at the big picture , WOW ... OOO.. ect...

But when I brought it home and dusted off everyday in the garage I found more and more tiny issues..

My quarter panel has a spec of dust under the yellow.
Will this dust or whatever it is pop like a pimple someday?

The other quarter panel has derbis in the clear coat.

My hood has a chip on the underside.

Inside the drivers door there was a big chunk of yellow, Painted dirt or something. I pulled it off.. leaving bare metal of course.

I also have issues with the stripes. A little nicks, and the one on the nose lifted up one day.. I put a little weight in a rag on it for a few days to hold it down.. These stripe suck.. Nobody knows how to take care of them.

A watched a show on the discovery channel. It show how great the camaro was built...

I feel like the quality control people where on lunch when may car came down the line..

It pisses me off. Now I look at everyone's cars to see if I can find flaws..
And I don't find flaws even in the cheapest hyundai !! So why do i have flaws in a $40K car?

I'm afraid to get the flaws fixed because the car won't be original and may come out worse !!
2010 Bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:50 AM   #37
Fishdadddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Bumblebee View Post
Hi,

I bought my dream car with all my dream money.. A yellow transformer edition camaro ss/rs

My yellow camaro with black stripes has paint flaws also and they really bother me !!

Like some of you here my car has just 300 mile. I really have not used it..

When I bought the car I looked at the big picture , WOW ... OOO.. ect...

But when I brought it home and dusted off everyday in the garage I found more and more tiny issues..

My quarter panel has a spec of dust under the yellow.
Will this dust or whatever it is pop like a pimple someday?

The other quarter panel has derbis in the clear coat.

My hood has a chip on the underside.

Inside the drivers door there was a big chunk of yellow, Painted dirt or something. I pulled it off.. leaving bare metal of course.

I also have issues with the stripes. A little nicks, and the one on the nose lifted up one day.. I put a little weight in a rag on it for a few days to hold it down.. These stripe suck.. Nobody knows how to take care of them.

A watched a show on the discovery channel. It show how great the camaro was built...

I feel like the quality control people where on lunch when may car came down the line..

It pisses me off. Now I look at everyone's cars to see if I can find flaws..
And I don't find flaws even in the cheapest hyundai !! So why do i have flaws in a $40K car?

I'm afraid to get the flaws fixed because the car won't be original and may come out worse !!

I feel your pain brother. Think I'm gonna give dealer a chance. Then if not happy calling attorney. Pains me to know about it though. Guess I'll have a good story when I pass this car on to my grandkids.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:02 AM   #38
tony1

Drives: 2SS/RS Vortech/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutch720 View Post
HAHA Nice. Good luck with this issue. It seems that Chevy is not really doing so well on the paint side for the Camaro.
The Dealers get damage cars in all the time .. This is not as uncommon as people think.. They just repair and sell as new ...
tony1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:12 AM   #39
robertgss3
Super Bee

Drives: 2010 Camaro ABM and Sunrise Gold
Hello,

I am surprised that so many are finding issues. It pays to go over every inch of your car before you drive off. I know we are anxious to take it and start enjoying it, however, a bit of patience at pick up would and will save frustrations. Hope it works out; ps, my paint issues were chipping due to rock chips with the factory yellow before I did a complete color change so imvest in a clear bra after the repairs or you may have that crop up.

Thanks,

Thanks,

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album.php?albumid=3271&pictureid=24300
robertgss3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:40 PM   #40
smon68

Drives: 1967 chevy camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishdadddy View Post
So is that what you would do if your brand new car had paint flaws?

Just pay for it and take it up the a** huh!!
Yep!!! It's a car!!! Just drive it!!!
smon68 is offline   Reply With Quote