Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 05-13-2010, 12:43 AM   #29
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks01SS View Post
Those kinds of programs would never get approved. Who is going to pay for it??

Parents today can't even take the time to teach their kids basic respect for others and other life skills but yet THEY should be the ones teaching them how to be good drivers. What we DON'T need is more government programs to make up for lazy parenting.
Agree on the parenting.

Not sure about your state but I will have to pay for driver's ed for my oldest when he turns 15. Why not include an optional fee based course for high performance cars? I would be willing to pay for that in addition.

Motorcycle safety course is optional for riders and they offer different levels. Not mandatory but I will say it was well worth my investment.

If the state required proof of attendance/passing such course before allowing registering a high performance car/motorcycle in your name that would incur no additional cost to process. Think of it like an item on your driver's license for those who require corrective vision, motorcycle operator, etc...
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:46 AM   #30
Baldilocks01SS

Drives: SEARCHING
Here Driver's Ed is taught in school and paid for with property taxes just as all school programs are.

Driver's can get their license at 15 and 10 months and have to drive with a licensed driver over 25, until their 18th birthday. Still, most of them try to get away with driving alone.
Baldilocks01SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:52 AM   #31
wbt
Account Suspended

Quote:
Here Driver's Ed is taught in school and paid for with property taxes just as all school programs are.

Driver's can get their license at 15 and 10 months and have to drive with a licensed driver over 25, until their 18th birthday. Still, most of them try to get away with driving alone.
Gotcha. Sounds like we need to standardize it across the states.

Don't think big brother because I am not for invading one's privacy however I think a consistent driver/motorcycle education program in the US is warranted. Just my O.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:57 AM   #32
Baldilocks01SS

Drives: SEARCHING
In South Dakota, the driving age is 14 - how messed up is that?
Baldilocks01SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:02 AM   #33
wbt
Account Suspended

Quote:
In South Dakota, the driving age is 14 - how messed up is that?
I think that is population/demographic driven. Rural communities, need for driving on public roads to get from one section of land to another, etc...

There are some strange laws out there:

http://www.dumblaws.com/laws/united-states/texas
Old 05-13-2010, 01:17 AM   #34
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_chef View Post
im familiar with physics, but they never said how fast he was going they only stated he was speeding thats a huge range
Sure...but I posted video not too long ago of a white suburban going off a highway and literally flying over the underpass landing on the other side still going. Yes, it's possible to go that far. I'm just curious how he was flung into the air that high like that. Crazy...but he must have done it just right...unless there is an overpass that he want off of. That happened not too long ago here in town....a car went off the overpass landing on a house. No one died. but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcgo2 View Post
The young man was actually a member on another site I frequent....

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33255

This is a photo from his myspace page. People learn to late. Sad.

OUCH.

And no need for the talk about driving age. This guy was NOT 16. He was 22. Don't let this discussion head towards how kids should not get a license at 16. Drop that part, please. 16 is not relevant to this...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:50 PM   #35
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
how do you take a picture of your odomoter while your car is going 162? unless it was from one of those horsepower test things and only the rear wheels were moving?
Old 05-13-2010, 07:02 PM   #36
Christiancoach

Drives: 2008 Holden Commodore SSV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Having been a firefighter for many years, I can say this is very sad for his family and everyone he left behind that had to deal with it.

For him I say good job you moron. Thank you for cleansing the gene pool a little. And thank God you didn't take anyone else with you.

He probably hit that curb sideways at 150+ and then the car rolled, dug in and just caught the ground the right way to put it on to the roof.
WOW! Insensitive much? Calling someone who was just killed in a tragic accident a moron is just play @sshattery. Was he displaying bad judgment, it would seem so. No one knows what happened, except him and God. Kind of fitting considering that is where the judgement now lies. Don't disrespect his family and a young life taken far too soon with you childish comments. You were 22 once too.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:15 PM   #37
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
how do you take a picture of your odomoter while your car is going 162?
you would be surprised.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:45 PM   #38
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
that is unbelievable.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:54 PM   #39
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christiancoach View Post
WOW! Insensitive much? Calling someone who was just killed in a tragic accident a moron is just play @sshattery. Was he displaying bad judgment, it would seem so. No one knows what happened, except him and God. Kind of fitting considering that is where the judgement now lies. Don't disrespect his family and a young life taken far too soon with you childish comments. You were 22 once too.
Yeah and I didn't post pictures on the internet of my speedometer doing 162 mph. In fact when I was 22 I had a 89 Turbo Trans Am that was putting out 500 hp at the crank and didn't do anything remotely this stupid. I've also been to and seen enough accidents to know that you don't land on top of a building with that kind of damage, doing only 50 mph or even 80.

His life wasn't taken, he gave it up when he decided to be an @sshat and get behind the wheel and do that and mess up the lives of his family and everyone else involved in his wreck, thank God indirectly. I call a spade a spade, and this kid was stupid and paid the price, I've scraped one to many greasy spots off the guardrail just like him to give him any respect.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:14 PM   #40
Christiancoach

Drives: 2008 Holden Commodore SSV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Yeah and I didn't post pictures on the internet of my speedometer doing 162 mph. In fact when I was 22 I had a 89 Turbo Trans Am that was putting out 500 hp at the crank and didn't do anything remotely this stupid. I've also been to and seen enough accidents to know that you don't land on top of a building with that kind of damage, doing only 50 mph or even 80.

His life wasn't taken, he gave it up when he decided to be an @sshat and get behind the wheel and do that and mess up the lives of his family and everyone else involved in his wreck, thank God indirectly. I call a spade a spade, and this kid was stupid and paid the price, I've scraped one to many greasy spots off the guardrail just like him to give him any respect.
I was going to write something mean spirited here and call you a couple of names. But, I thought about it for a couple of minutes before I hit post. Instead of that, I am simply going to drop it. You are who you are, and you have to live with that.

May Shaun rest in peace.