Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 11:35 AM   #29
bigearl

Drives: 10 Camaro 2lt
I'm not a brand loyalist and I never will be. I will pretty much always buy American though unless I find a good deal on a 1973 Caribean Blue or Guard's Red on white 911 RS.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:40 AM   #30
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhra stocker View Post
My issue is the guys that got to have the latest and newest thing that comes out and bounce around like a fair weather car fan.
I wouldn't call myself a brand loyalist. I've owned cars from all manufacturers at different times. I decide what brand I like based on what that manufacturer is putting in their cars at that time, and then I stick with that brand until it no longer satisfies my needs.

Case in point; the Camaro. Excellent power (reliably), great handling and decent price. Plus the ease of modding. No gimmicks either, the thing is actually toned down. Home run.

It impressed me so much that I'll primarily look at GM products on future purchases, too.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:56 AM   #31
Georgie

Drives: Camaro... soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by esperman View Post
how about just posting it at a Mustang Forum?
haha nooo... i want to see pics of the IOM plus the 1SS interior (i asked him to take pics before he traded)
Old 07-21-2010, 11:57 AM   #32
Georgie

Drives: Camaro... soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
I wouldn't call myself a brand loyalist. I've owned cars from all manufacturers at different times. I decide what brand I like based on what that manufacturer is putting in their cars at that time, and then I stick with that brand until it no longer satisfies my needs.

Case in point; the Camaro. Excellent power (reliably), great handling and decent price. Plus the ease of modding. No gimmicks either, the thing is actually toned down. Home run.

It impressed me so much that I'll primarily look at GM products on future purchases, too.
you forgot: looks awesome
Old 07-21-2010, 12:10 PM   #33
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie View Post
you forgot: looks awesome
That's true.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:13 PM   #34
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Drives: 1993 Rustang
I can totally understand the OP's point of view, I think that's cool man. I grew up working on Chevys and Mopars with my Dad. We restored a 66 Sport Fury, a 69 Charger R/T, a 65 Impala and almost completed a 63 Impala convertible. We never worked on a Ford. My Dad now drives an F-250 and my Mom just sold a 97 T-Bird and still drives a Taurus. I have a good friend that drives an 88 Mustang and we have a buddy that only drives Chevys. When we show up at the Chevy guy's house in our Mustangs, we just know we're going to get to hear a rash of shit about how Fords suck but man it's fun! I've owned several GMC's and several Fords and have loved all of them. It's like when we were kids trying to keep up with the latest fashion only to impress others. For the most part, we're not kids anymore. Buy what makes you happy, I get butterflies every time I start my car to go somewhere. It's an 18 yr old car but I love the hell out of it. That's why I can respect how other people view their cars and love them as well. Sorry for the long rant....
Old 07-21-2010, 12:43 PM   #35
SummitWhiteLS

Drives: 2011 Mustang V6 Automatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselNuts View Post
yep. LOTS of depreciated value too

I'm not a drinker, don't chase women, am uninterested in exotic vacations, live in a modest residence, pay low insurance because my driving record is spotless ...

You get the picture.

That's why I almost never buy used and trade frequently. Because I put myself in a position where I can do so ...

P.S. You also have to use your noggin.

- buy a car in the Spring when they've sat on the lot a year and demand is low
- wait for big $$ rebates
- keep your trade-in immaculate and un-modded with low miles
- KNOW how to deal for a car (trade in value vs. invoice price of new car)
- learn how to walk out of a deal if your not getting exactly what you want for the price you want

See?

Last edited by SummitWhiteLS; 07-21-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:09 PM   #36
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
I'll always buy American first. I admit I had a 65 Mustang when I was younger, so I'm partial to Mustangs, but I'm no fanatical fanboi. When the 2005s came out, I took one look and knew I was getting one of those new Stangs. It was just a matter of when. Now when I pay it off, I'm getting a new 5.0. I refuse to buy a Dodge or GM until they are privately owned again. Had Ford been bailed out and GM had not, I'd instead be buying a new Camaro when I pay off the Mustang I have now.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:14 PM   #37
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhiteLS View Post
- learn how to walk out of a deal if your not getting exactly what you want for the price you want
Actually it's usually best to sell your car privately rather than trade it in. If you mod it, you will likley never get that money back, but private buyers will at least consider them while a dealer only looks at mileage, year, condition, etc.

I had a buddy years ago who bought a WS-6 and modded it. When he went to trade it in he pulled off the mods, put the original parts back on it, and sold the mods privately. It was a pain, but if you are only looking at money it's the best way to go.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:20 PM   #38
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhiteLS View Post

I'm not a drinker, don't chase women, am uninterested in exotic vacations, live in a modest residence, pay low insurance because my driving record is spotless ...

You get the picture.

That's why I almost never buy used and trade frequently. Because I put myself in a position where I can do so ...

P.S. You also have to use your noggin.

- buy a car in the Spring when they've sat on the lot a year and demand is low
- wait for big $$ rebates

See?
Plus, owning a car is very similar to the old "death and taxes" saying. You'll always have either a car payment or a car repair bill, it's just a matter of which one suits your personal wants and needs. Some people talk about how crazy it is to trade in a car that's paid for or nearly paid for on a new car. I've never been one of those people, after I paid off a new truck several yrs ago and then had to replace a transmission not long afterward.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:34 AM   #39
KungFuHamster

Drives: Black SS
i didnt expect this thread to go far....it will fizzle and die by tomorrow.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:10 PM   #40
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

You just resurrected it....
Old 07-23-2010, 01:16 AM   #41
JHart
I haz camaro again :)

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS
i'm 18. i've been brought up in a heavy chevrolet/gm family. i live with my grandparents, and my aunt and uncle live behind us. there's 5 of us, and there's also 5 bowties in the yard. my grandpa's 99 silvy z71, my 2010 silvy z71, my grandma's 2008 RJT impala ltz, my aunts 06 trailblazer, and my uncles 94 s-10. all have been great to us, and i miss my 5th gen everyday, and i will own another.

but that doesn't mean i hate fords, i'll crack a joke every now and then with some of my ford buddies, and dodge guys. but no matter what people say, these companies thrive off of each other, one ups the other one year, then the other, then 2 are the same, then all 3 are the same, and back to square one. i'll never own nothing but chevrolets, but that's my personal preference, and unless i'm kidding around, you will never hear me badmouth another company, b/c maybe they've been brought up the same way i was, only with another company.

2010 silverado z71 ccsb(sold, old dd)
2010 camaro1ss(sold, missed, will have another someday)
Old 07-23-2010, 02:45 AM   #42
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
I'll always buy American first. I admit I had a 65 Mustang when I was younger, so I'm partial to Mustangs, but I'm no fanatical fanboi. When the 2005s came out, I took one look and knew I was getting one of those new Stangs. It was just a matter of when. Now when I pay it off, I'm getting a new 5.0. I refuse to buy a Dodge or GM until they are privately owned again. Had Ford been bailed out and GM had not, I'd instead be buying a new Camaro when I pay off the Mustang I have now.
... Not worth it.

My Mom/Dad bleeds GM. They've never had a non-GM product in their lives, however my dad's father actually worked at a Ford plant for nearly 30 years. IDK how my dad became so obsessed with GM, but I'm not really biased towards any particular company/brand. I give credit where credit is due.

Closed Thread