Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-01-2010, 10:43 PM   #407
CINDER02
<3

Drives: '11 Camaro
Thanks for the info!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
We have one for concealed carry. It's a good and reliable pistol however there are 2 issues with it we don't like.

- It shoots high. At 20 yards it's about 5-6 inches too high. This pistol is definitely a short range pistol only (less then 5 yards) but if you're looking at a pistol this size you won't be shooting at anyone farther away then this anyway.

- This gun is an absolute murder on the hands. The 380 round itself has a pretty good kick, combine that with the Kahr p380's small and light weight frame and you have a gun that is hard to control and hard on the hands. When we first got it my dad shot 6 rounds and said no more as his hands was hurting after that, I shot 4 rounds and I was done and had to put it up.
CINDER02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:18 AM   #408
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
Question The Problem Is . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarossrs2150 View Post
#22 my wife didnt like .she is pretty damm good with a glock 26 at 20to25 yards .i dont come home late anymore.
A person authored something they thought would be very PRO GUN. However in their attempt to be sarcastic, also deliberate and direct as well, they've mixed up their "convictions" with the "sarcasm", so it's a little confusing. While number 8 and number 22 are both sarcastic, 8 is easier to perceive as sarcasm. Of course no one could truly have a conviction that dead is better? IDK I just noticed some things are straight conviction or historical facts, mixed in with the sarcasm it gets a little confusing. I just assumed the post was Pro Gun and took it as such. It made the context of sarcasm changing easier to dissect / comprehend.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:55 AM   #409
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I own a Ruger 9MM, but Uncle Sam lets me play with his Beretta 9MM, M16, M4, Mk-19, M2, M249, and M240!
Old 12-02-2010, 08:36 AM   #410
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad@gm View Post
What kind of a retard thought all this up?
Nothing retarded about it at all. If one takes the time to read it, they can plainly see the stupidity of arguments the anti gunners make. Not too mention, how anti gunners try to play on words to encompass all weapons when trying to ban them.

One of my favorite quotes, and I'm probably butchering it,

" A public that is armed is full of citizens, a public that is not is full of subjects."

Can you see the meaning in that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28RockStar View Post
A person authored something they thought would be very PRO GUN. However in their attempt to be sarcastic, also deliberate and direct as well, they've mixed up their "convictions" with the "sarcasm", so it's a little confusing. While number 8 and number 22 are both sarcastic, 8 is easier to perceive as sarcasm. Of course no one could truly have a conviction that dead is better? IDK I just noticed some things are straight conviction or historical facts, mixed in with the sarcasm it gets a little confusing. I just assumed the post was Pro Gun and took it as such. It made the context of sarcasm changing easier to dissect / comprehend.

Oh, it's very pro gun. Again, then sarcasm in it is to show the stupidity, invalidity, of most anti gun sentiments.

About #8, IMHO, dead is better in that situation. And deservingly so. I don't think anyone should think any woman would think otherwise. I'd much rather come up on a woman standing over a dead attempted rapist in comparison to coming up on a battered, strangled and raped woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMOKINHOT View Post
I own a Ruger 9MM, but Uncle Sam lets me play with his Beretta 9MM, M16, M4, Mk-19, M2, M249, and M240!

You ma'am, are awesome!
Old 12-02-2010, 02:41 PM   #411
mad@gm

Drives: was a 2010 2SS/RS
2nd Amendment-
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Anybody that disagrees with this needs to move to another nation that does not support fire arms!

And to ssmokinhot thank you for serving our country.
mad@gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:12 AM   #412
Z28RockStar

Exclamation possibly I wasn't clear, . . . lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrray13 View Post
Oh, it's very pro gun. Again, then sarcasm in it is to show the stupidity, invalidity, of most anti gun sentiments.

About #8, IMHO, dead is better in that situation. And deservingly so. I don't think anyone should think any woman would think otherwise. I'd much rather come up on a woman standing over a dead attempted rapist in comparison to coming up on a battered, strangled and raped woman.
First, the author mixes cynicism, sarcasm and historical facts with their own convictions and all the different points of expression is confusing to some is all I meant. I understood right away.

As far as number 8 . . . of course I meant the woman, a strangled woman is a dead woman? How could this be "morally" superior when the killer is still breathing? Sorry I was not more explicit in an elementary manner. I figured from the context of my reference point my statement would be obvious. YES, THE DEAD "WOULD BE" KILLER / RAPIST IS MOST PREFERABLE. I MEAN, WHO COULD THINK THE DEAD RAPED WOMAN IS BETTER? All women should own, be proficient in and carry a gun.

IMHO

Oh, by the way, if you wrote this, no real criticism intended, I liked it and understood it. Just pointing out why some may have difficulties with comprehending it.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:19 AM   #413
Z28RockStar

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYKOFF69Z View Post
7. An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot
with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.
If I shoot you with my .357 you will not be angry, you will be dead!

8. A woman raped and strangled is morally superior to a woman with a smoking
gun and a dead rapist at her feet.
You have got to be ignorant to believe this one.

35. Private citizens don’t need a gun for self- protection because the
police are there to protect them even though the Supreme Court says the
police are not responsible for their protection.
I don't like the police department's respond time.

Just to let you know, I will defend myself.
This wasn't intended literally, he was making a parody using sarcasm about antigun sentiments.

Quote:
2nd Amendment-
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Anybody that disagrees with this needs to move to another nation that does not support fire arms!

hehe I tell ya ppl make me lolololol a lot. PLUS

GOD BLESS ALL U.S. AND ALLIED ARMED FORCES MEMBERS AND THEIR FAMILIES, PAST AND PRESENT! THANK YOU! FROM ONE VET TO ANOTHER! POW MIA NEVER FORGOTTEN!

Old 12-03-2010, 05:46 AM   #414
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
Anyone got a suggestion for a good holster for a P22 with or without a laser sight?

Iowa carry laws change on 1-1-11 and I'm getting my permit....what style do you reccomend?
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:52 AM   #415
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Just picked up my first handgun and 1K rounds of ammo. I went with the XDM 40 Bitone. Can't wait to get to the range tomorrow and break it in.

Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:27 PM   #416
VASCAR2

Drives: 94 Camaro, 10 1LT IBM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brunsy View Post
Anyone got a suggestion for a good holster for a P22 with or without a laser sight?

Iowa carry laws change on 1-1-11 and I'm getting my permit....what style do you reccomend?
P 22 are pretty small and for the best concealment that means an inside the waste band holster or maybe a fanny pack. I've never seen a purpose made concealment holster for a P 22. I'd look at an uncle Mike's or Blackhawke nylon holster for small to medium frame auto, like Sig 230 Walther PP PPK/s should fit. You should be able to find a generic holster made that will fit the P 22 whether a belt holster, inside the waste band or ankle holster. If your really going to carry for defense against the two legged pest I'd try to upgrade to a larger caliber. If you like a little protection while walking and are worried about the four legged pest like wild dogs or coyotes the P 22 should be OK.
VASCAR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:23 PM   #417
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by VASCAR2 View Post
P 22 are pretty small and for the best concealment that means an inside the waste band holster or maybe a fanny pack. I've never seen a purpose made concealment holster for a P 22. I'd look at an uncle Mike's or Blackhawke nylon holster for small to medium frame auto, like Sig 230 Walther PP PPK/s should fit. You should be able to find a generic holster made that will fit the P 22 whether a belt holster, inside the waste band or ankle holster. If your really going to carry for defense against the two legged pest I'd try to upgrade to a larger caliber. If you like a little protection while walking and are worried about the four legged pest like wild dogs or coyotes the P 22 should be OK.
I will eventually be getting a bigger gun. I just got my first hand gun a couple weeks ago, and the .22 is alot cheaper to shoot at the range while I learn to handle it.
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:21 PM   #418
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrray13 View Post
You ma'am, are awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYKOFF69Z View Post
Just to let you know, I will defend myself.
Hell Yeah!!

Quote:
Proud to serve!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28RockStar View Post

GOD BLESS ALL U.S. AND ALLIED ARMED FORCES MEMBERS AND THEIR FAMILIES, PAST AND PRESENT! THANK YOU! FROM ONE VET TO ANOTHER! POW MIA NEVER FORGOTTEN!

Cheers!!! Thanks for your service!! Lest we forget! :flag2:
Old 12-05-2010, 10:33 AM   #419
Seneca SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS --
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMOKINHOT View Post
lookin good in uniform got to shoot the M16 -M50 amd the LAW"s rocket in the National guards in the early 70"s out of Corning,Ny 204th--the M50 was my favorite

Horse Power is where its at !!!!!
Seneca SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:43 AM   #420
Fishdadddy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ; 1970 Firebird Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
Just picked up my first handgun and 1K rounds of ammo. I went with the XDM 40 Bitone. Can't wait to get to the range tomorrow and break it in.

I hgave this same gun. You will love it. Deadly accurate. I put a laser on the front. It's pretty cool to hold the gun at your waist and shoot bullseyes.
Fishdadddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun