Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 12:01 PM   #407
spacecowby

Drives: 2010 black 2SS/RS
DO you have a set that will fit Stainless Works LT's with high flow cats and Flowmaster catback?

Black cars are not hobbies, they are an obsession
Old 12-08-2010, 03:40 AM   #408
ac223mal

Drives: car
I am not sure if this has been addressed, but:

I am set on getting the diverters, my only concern is the exhaust coming out underneath the car and the possiblity of the fumes getting into the cabin. I had an exhaust leak in my work truck and it killed me.

Can anyone chime in on this? Do you have exhaust fumes coming into the cabin with the diverters wide open while your waiting at a light or other wise just sitting still?

Thanks!
Old 12-08-2010, 05:53 AM   #409
robertway

Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac223mal View Post

I am set on getting the diverters, my only concern is the exhaust coming out underneath the car and the possiblity of the fumes getting into the cabin. I had an exhaust leak in my work truck and it killed me.

Can anyone chime in on this? Do you have exhaust fumes coming into the cabin with the diverters wide open while your waiting at a light or other wise just sitting still?

Thanks!
+1 on this...

diverters will let me have my cake (quiet stock exhaujst when sterting the car in the garage, keeps wife happy) and eat it too (open things up out on the road...

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin

LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!
Old 12-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #410
robertway

Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsharp View Post
Just got my car magnacharged and I have CAI headers and noweeds diverters. This is a video you will want to see!

I just wanted to mention that if Godzilla had a driver's license his car would sound just like this!!!!! Just awesome, and the blue flames are just icing on the cake......

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin

LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!
Old 12-08-2010, 02:56 PM   #411
TinyToasta

Drives: way too fast....
No worries

although technically possible I never had the slightest breeze of fumes in the car with the noweeds fully open, neither at a light for a 2 minutes standstill nor at calm/steady winds... go for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac223mal View Post

Thanks!
CTS-V Brake upgrade, Street: 22'' Vossen CV1, Strip: 18'' Forgestar F14 on MT Street Radials
Old 12-08-2010, 06:31 PM   #412
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertway View Post
I just wanted to mention that if Godzilla had a driver's license his car would sound just like this!!!!! Just awesome, and the blue flames are just icing on the cake......
HOLY$#!T !!!!

what makes it do the flames on decel? DFCO? Wacky tune?

.... That is so awesome!!!
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:03 PM   #413
ac223mal

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyToasta View Post
No worries

although technically possible I never had the slightest breeze of fumes in the car with the noweeds fully open, neither at a light for a 2 minutes standstill nor at calm/steady winds... go for it
Just what I wanted to hear thanks!
Old 03-08-2012, 10:49 PM   #414
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Holy shit. Is that normal?

I was wondering if this happened whit the flames. Guess I was right. Not sure I like that much.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:25 AM   #415
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Hi everybody! Watched their videos, love the sound, and I'd really like to get these into my ZL1. I see some of the folks have had them for years now so my questions is for you guys. How has the product held up over the years? I know it comes with a TWO YEAR WARRANTY which is really good for a setup like this in my opinion. But no one knows better than the guy who's had it and tested it for years now. Any input/comments/suggestions you can provide is truly appreciated. Their video alone sold me on the products. But it's always nice to hear from the customer. Thanks
Old 06-15-2013, 11:18 AM   #416
PQ
Booooosted.

I've had my noweeds for a while now and no problems.

(other than hitting a large piece of metal in the road and pullverising one, lol)

Come to think of it I never put my video in here.

Old 06-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #417
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I've had my noweeds for a while now and no problems.

(other than hitting a large piece of metal in the road and pullverising one, lol)

Come to think of it I never put my video in here.

Really enjoyed your video! A long while now? Six months, two years or more? Just looking for feedback from those that installed a few years ago. I've pretty much made up my mine and definitely putting in an order! Always nice to hear from someone who's been there/done that. Again, thanks for your input, your car not only Looks Awesome, but has the sound to match!
Old 06-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #418
FRKNlo

Drives: VStar 1100 Classic, 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Hi everybody! Watched their videos, love the sound, and I'd really like to get these into my ZL1. I see some of the folks have had them for years now so my questions is for you guys. How has the product held up over the years? I know it comes with a TWO YEAR WARRANTY which is really good for a setup like this in my opinion. But no one knows better than the guy who's had it and tested it for years now. Any input/comments/suggestions you can provide is truly appreciated. Their video alone sold me on the products. But it's always nice to hear from the customer. Thanks
I still love it!
Im running the kooks 1 7/8 headers with high flow cat to the diverter, then stock exhaust. I first bolted it in but the system would hang way too low and when I did push the system back up high it would eventually get loose and hang low again. It was remedied by getting it welded in.
I go months without out cycling the system and when I do, the stock exhaust doesn't get cut off completely. I just have to cycle it open/close a few times and then the system will be working properly.
I definitely would still recommend them.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #419
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Really enjoyed your video! A long while now? Six months, two years or more? Just looking for feedback from those that installed a few years ago. I've pretty much made up my mine and definitely putting in an order! Always nice to hear from someone who's been there/done that. Again, thanks for your input, your car not only Looks Awesome, but has the sound to match!
March 15th, 2012. so just over a year.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...07#post4963607

That link shows pics of the install.

I eventually put my switch here. PERFECT spot.

Old 06-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #420
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRKNlo View Post
I still love it!
Im running the kooks 1 7/8 headers with high flow cat to the diverter, then stock exhaust. I first bolted it in but the system would hang way too low and when I did push the system back up high it would eventually get loose and hang low again. It was remedied by getting it welded in.
I go months without out cycling the system and when I do, the stock exhaust doesn't get cut off completely. I just have to cycle it open/close a few times and then the system will be working properly.
I definitely would still recommend them.
I have no cats with long tubes. So mine foul up pretty fast but I cycle them pretty often. Iver once in a while I spray them down with seafoam to keep them closing all the way.

Closed Thread

Tags
cutout, diverter, electric, exhaust, mufflers