Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > California Meets and Events

Old 06-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #407
H3LLH0uNd84
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: A6 Ruby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
We could get a group to go out to a Drive-in Movie out at the Santee Drive-in. Had a good time when a bunch of us went for Transformers 3.

Not sure what is playing right now.
Sound like a good plan. I like that idea. haven't been to a drive-in in like forever. Or we can go sumwhere to go hang out and eat sum good food.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #408
Navycorpsman

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th Anniversary
sounds good to me either way works what times are we thinking?
Navycorpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:03 PM   #409
Schmidty
Facebook.com/SoCalCamaro5

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS
I down with either the drive-in or grabbing some grub. FYI - MIB3 is playing at the Drive-In at 830PM. But some grub and beer sound real good too! There's the good ol' Tilted Kilt in Mission Valley! Or any other ideas...

Last edited by Schmidty; 06-01-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #410
Navycorpsman

not gonna be able to go anywhere till 9
Old 06-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #411
robscamaro
TAZ

Drives: 2SSRS Black Gray stripes
Up for anything as well Lets get something going.
robscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #412
Schmidty

David, Matt and I are meeting at Tilted Kilt in Mission Valley at 8PM for Beer and Wings! If anyone else is down, please feel free to join us.

Last edited by Schmidty; 06-01-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:55 PM   #413
Navycorpsman

Bar hopping downtown tonight around 11 anybody wanna join?
Old 06-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #414
SD2011SS

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS-RS
Whats up everyone! long time no talk! Had to share a story with you guys.. Last night was leaving a friends lounge on El Cajon Blvd, and me and my buddy are driving down 8east(he drives a challenger r/t) were driving casually side by side and a mustang out of nowhere comes flying and tails me. I give him the brake check and he backs off, flies around my buddy and we do a 3 lane classic muscle car race down the 8. my buddy in the challenger was left behind lol it was just me and the mustang and i dropped it into 4th, hit about 120 and last thing I could see of this guy was him exitting off the highway where I exited asking me "what the hell do you have in that thing?" I told him "all stock" lol damn do camaros rule!
SD2011SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #415
Schmidty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD2011SS View Post
Whats up everyone! long time no talk! Had to share a story with you guys.. Last night was leaving a friends lounge on El Cajon Blvd, and me and my buddy are driving down 8east(he drives a challenger r/t) were driving casually side by side and a mustang out of nowhere comes flying and tails me. I give him the brake check and he backs off, flies around my buddy and we do a 3 lane classic muscle car race down the 8. my buddy in the challenger was left behind lol it was just me and the mustang and i dropped it into 4th, hit about 120 and last thing I could see of this guy was him exitting off the highway where I exited asking me "what the hell do you have in that thing?" I told him "all stock" lol damn do camaros rule!
Really? You posted that in the RaceLEGAL thread! hahaha
Old 06-06-2012, 03:52 AM   #416
SD2011SS

i knew your smart ass would have something to say about it lol i figured it would be an interesting story yet contradict the thread lol... whats going on this weekend? anyone doing anything special? we should maybe hit the beach during the day and grab some drinks??
Old 06-06-2012, 07:43 AM   #417
tadams72
When is enough ever...

Drives: 2006 Silverado 2500HD CC/SB LBZ
Quote:
Save it for the track man...

"Just like farmer engineering. Find the weak link and fix it, then find the next one." Salt Cat Racing
tadams72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:50 AM   #418
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
From the Union Tribune:

SAN DIEGO — The 16-year-old driver involved in a deadly wreck that killed two of his friends and injured two more was arrested Thursday on charges of vehicular manslaughter and participating in a speed race resulting in injury, the California Highway Patrol said.
The teen, accompanied by his father, turned himself in to the San Diego CHP office about 10 a.m. after being notified of a warrant out for his arrest, said Officer Art Athans.
He was booked into Juvenile Hall. Authorities did not release his name because he is a juvenile. A detention hearing has been set for Friday in Juvenile Court.
The teen, driving a 1999 Volkswagen Passat, was apparently racing friends in a Volvo on state Route 52 the night of April 4 when he lost control and crashed near Convoy Street, authorities said. The cars had been going 100 mph to 110 mph when the Passat flipped several times.
Two passengers, Anthony Foreman, 18, who graduated from El Capitan High School in Lakeside, and Jayli Campbell, 16, a student at Santana High School, were thrown from the wreckage and died. Investigators were still working to determine if the two were wearing seat belts, as the three others in the car were.
The front seat passenger, 15-year-old Charlotte McQuillen, was gravely injured. She awakened from a coma on Monday and her family said they are “cautiously optimistic” that she will recover from serious head trauma.
Another 17-year-old passenger, Anthoney Taylor, was also injured.
The driver of the Volvo, Michael Johnson, 18, of Lakeside, was arrested at the scene on suspicion of vehicular manslaughter, driving under the influence of drugs and participating in a speed race resulting in injury. He is expected to be arraigned in San Diego Superior Court Thursday afternoon.
There were two other passengers in his car.

This is what happens when you do stupid shit like that on the streets. I dont care who you are, keep it on the track.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #419
Schmidty

Quote:
i knew your smart ass would have something to say about it lol i figured it would be an interesting story yet contradict the thread lol... whats going on this weekend? anyone doing anything special? we should maybe hit the beach during the day and grab some drinks??
You see the replies. That's why I give you shit. We love our Camaros...but we gotta be safe or people get hurt. It's the whole reason RaceLegal exists. So that being said...I guess we can expect to see you racing at the next one! ...and not on the street my friend.

As for this weekend...I am installing my RX throttle body, Iceolator and Catchcan...and then David, Donny and I are gonna try out the route I mapped up for our June 23rd Palomar Fun Run!
Old 06-06-2012, 11:44 PM   #420
SD2011SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
You see the replies. That's why I give you shit. We love our Camaros...but we gotta be safe or people get hurt. It's the whole reason RaceLegal exists. So that being said...I guess we can expect to see you racing at the next one! ...and not on the street my friend.

As for this weekend...I am installing my RX throttle body, Iceolator and Catchcan...and then David, Donny and I are gonna try out the route I mapped up for our June 23rd Palomar Fun Run!

Lol Lars u care how sweet.. thanks guys.. sounds like alot of fun mods for the ride.. kinda wanna do headers and high flow cats soon.. I don't think ill make it to race legal though, got tickets to kevin hart that night! But I still am down to meet up this weekend for a beach drive ans beers!