Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 08-04-2012, 03:49 AM   #4201
xfactors

Drives: 2014 2LT vette with Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
. He was very adament about the price and I still had to pay an additional $2000 over MSRP, I was like F that noise. They even asked me if I would like to order the spoiler with it which was an additional $250 even though I told them I was getting the RS package. I had to inform them that they were wrong about that and were all like "Oh yeah, our bad." Assholes.
My experience at Bravo was bizarre. I went in there to ask them what kind of deal they could give me on a 26k 2LS camaro. The sales girl working with me insisted I test drive a 50k corvette. I wasn't shopping for a 50k car. I was shopping for a 26k car. I wanted to ask her, "Are you crazy"?

She started asking me my income, and how long I had worked for my company, and I had to explain to her that I didn't need financing. Helloooooooooo. Before you ask a customer his employment history, FIRST ask him if he needs financing. Hellooooo. If he doesn't need financing, you don't need to know all that other crap.

My salesman at Viva had me "pegged" correctly, right off the bat. He would no more have me test drive a corvette, than a spook. When I first met him, he asked me if I needed any financing on the new car. I told him no. So he never asked me how long I worked for my company, what my income was, etc. He couldn't care less about that. If you asked him, he would tell you, "This guy is going to buy the cheapest camaro he can get." That's it. He's got me "pegged." He was very good at "reading me" and what I would want. He could have picked the car out for me, before I told him what I wanted. He's a good salesman. He wouldn't waste his time, trying to sell me a 38k SS model, or a 50k corvette. He would tell you, "You've got to 'read' your customers."

I went to all 4 dealerships in this area. Mission, Viva, Rudolph, and Bravo. I'm getting the car from Viva.

Last edited by xfactors; 08-04-2012 at 04:51 AM.
xfactors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:44 AM   #4202
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
Sorry I didn't get the video up, I got carried away taking shots with Scott, and after a few too many I can't get the video on the dam SD card to get it on the computer. any way I am posting when I shouldent be, I will get it up soon. And BTW if you don't know who Scott is, I suggest you find out. Damn drunk posters lol.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, OMG this is F'N classic!!!! Drunk Ryan, wow. Dont worry I know I've drunk posted at least twice on here, once right before an event we were going to do to get the last minute details out...yyyyyyyyeah. I guess it should be a right of passage on here, huh?
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #4203
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Sweet just got selected for fast 16 street tire class.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:35 PM   #4204
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Well found out I qualified 8th but I ended the day with a missed shift against lg motorsports supercharged shop car.

*Edit, I found out it was Hendrix-Engineering's car, it was parked at the LG motorsports tent. I am sure some have seen it, it's summit white with the stripes that look like they were painted on with a paint brush.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac

Last edited by K1SSRSS; 08-04-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #4205
rrubio

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2012 Audi Q7
Any pics from Saturday?
Old 08-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #4206
xfactors

Okay, I'm studying the cosmetic maintenance section of this forum, so I'll probably learn this eventually from that section, but I'm wondering how you all wash your engine areas, without messing up your alternators, and electrical systems. How do you keep from screwing things up, when you wash your engine areas?

Also, after I get my car, should I wait 30 days, and then wax it? I would like to keep it looking nice.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #4207
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrubio View Post
Any pics from Saturday?
I took a few, but probably not as good as Charlie did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactors View Post
Okay, I'm studying the cosmetic maintenance section of this forum, so I'll probably learn this eventually from that section, but I'm wondering how you all wash your engine areas, without messing up your alternators, and electrical systems. How do you keep from screwing things up, when you wash your engine areas?

Also, after I get my car, should I wait 30 days, and then wax it? I would like to keep it looking nice.
Ok, I have done my own research about that as well. If you want to 'wash' your engine, you need to get in there and tape off all electrical pieces and wires before you start. Then when you actually start washing it down you don't want to spray it, you will need to let it run lightly over the engine pieces and wipe down carefully. If you are unsure about what all pieces to tape off I would just use a sponge and do a wash that way. That's what I did. I didn't want to risk missing something so I just got a bucket and a sponge and some towels and washed and wiped as I went.

For now I would just keep it polished and only wax 2 -3 times a year, or so that's what I hear. I haven't waxed mine and I have had her for a year. I just polish, but I need to get out there and wax her. She really needs it!! I hope this helps you out!
Mysteek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:27 PM   #4208
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Quote:

I just spray off the motor and wipe it down like I would the outside of the car. Just make sure the motor is cool, you don't want to crack any thing by cooling of hot parts too fast. I am pretty sure water is able to get in the engine bay when it is raining hard and you are driving around, so I don't think a good rense and wipe down will hurt anything.

As far as the wax goes, I would wait the 30 days to let the paint fully cure, but make sure to keep it as clean as possible so no contaminants bake into the paint.

504hp/478tq
Old 08-05-2012, 11:56 PM   #4209
xfactors

Thanks Mysteek and K1SSRSS for the comments.

Anybody here know a good detail shop to take "your baby" to. I think Viva dealership charges $90 to detail your car. There is some guy on Mesa who charges $90, and uses some kind of special machine to polish the car. I can't think of the name of his place right now. I might try him out. I saw a black car he detailed, and wow, it looked pretty good. He got all the swirl marks out.

I live about 4 blocks from the El Paso convention center. I'm only available for meet and greets on Sunday evening, and anytime Monday.

When I get my car, I may check out the drag strip in Clint, on Sunday evenings, to watch ONLY.
I've only lived in El Paso for about 3 years, and still don't know the town that well. I've never been to Hooters. I've been to Juarez a few times, and have been robbed by the cops twice while over there. I'm from Dallas, but lived in Laredo for 3 years, before moving to El Paso. I was robbed by the cops once in Nuevo Laredo.

I eat at Luby's cafeteria on Mesa now and then. It's pretty good. Maybe we should have a meet and greet there sometime.

Last edited by xfactors; 08-06-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #4210
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

The next meet that we are looking into is a Camaro5 EP/LC run around late August by either taking a drive to Silver City or to Ruidoso. It will probably be on Saturday or Sunday so we would like to see when everyone would be available so we can have as many join up for this. The drive would probably take around half the day so a departure at around 11am is what would possibly work.

In terms of detailing the car, I myself have a black Camaro and I let absolutely no one touch my car during cleanings unless I know what it is that they are doing. I use the right microfiber cloths, sprays, detailers, etc. and if I mess up, well at least I know who to blame.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #4211
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
In terms of detailing the car, I myself have a black Camaro and I let absolutely no one touch my car during cleanings unless I know what it is that they are doing. I use the right microfiber cloths, sprays, detailers, etc. and if I mess up, well at least I know who to blame.
In regards to this, would you let that company that was at the car show (the one's sitting with us) wash, wax, and detail your car?
Mysteek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #4212
ssummit camaro

Drives: 2013 1LE on order TPW 12/31
As soon as I got it home, I washed, clay bar, and waxed the car. By the time the car leaves the factory the paint will be fully cured.
Quote:

Old 08-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #4213
ssummit camaro

Drives: 2013 1LE on order TPW 12/31
Like Charlie said do the detail yourself. 90 dollars buys alot of adams products. Pay someone to do it and they mess it up and then trying to get them to fix it could be a huge nightmare.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #4214
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteek View Post
In regards to this, would you let that company that was at the car show (the one's sitting with us) wash, wax, and detail your car?
I'd ask for their products but I'd like to do it myself and save the change.

Tags
everyone loves gigachip, giga's sister is crazy!! lol!!, gigachip is awesome, gigachip iz silly, gigachip loves clay aiken, gigachip s rediculous, i laugh at gigachip, offset is marobody2001