Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-10-2015, 08:03 PM   #421
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Same shop.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 02:38 PM   #422
ZWA SS
BowtieBelle's SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Any recommended shops in Oklahoma, south Kansas, North Texas, or western Arkansas?

Also I flipped my rear endlinks and solved that problem, but haven't returned to the shop I previously used.
ZWA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:02 PM   #423
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Hey Pete,
If you can take a look at my alignment spec sheet print out after my latest alignment and let me know your thoughts on it that would be appreciated. My main questions/concerns are related to the rear specs since the Torque Thrust angle is not 0.00 and the toe on each side are not the exact same. Total toe is at .24 but one side is .11 and the other is .13 for the combined total of .24.

Thanks.
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2015, 01:08 PM   #424
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
Hey Pete,
If you can take a look at my alignment spec sheet print out after my latest alignment and let me know your thoughts on it that would be appreciated. My main questions/concerns are related to the rear specs since the Torque Thrust angle is not 0.00 and the toe on each side are not the exact same. Total toe is at .24 but one side is .11 and the other is .13 for the combined total of .24.

Thanks.
How does it drive?
Old 04-14-2015, 03:16 PM   #425
Nick S

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
How does it drive?
Well it seems to drive fine but I haven't really had a chance to push it much.

Are there any specific characteristics I should be paying attention to? Pulling one way? If it gets squirrely in the rear too easy?

It didn't seem to pull one way or anything if I let go of the steering wheel. I did get on the throttle pretty good in 2nd gear last night on the way home after the alignment and it seemed like I could feel it getting the rear tires and back end getting loose a little. I just didn't know if that was from any extra torque from my Z/28 CAI I recently installed or not. I guess compared to what the rear was before the alignment it should be an improvement over that.

The first AutoX of the season here is this coming Sunday and providing the forecast changes and they take the rain out of the forecast hopefully I'll have a chance to push the car harder then.

I guess if I really get the time later this summer maybe I'll have to make a trip down to your recommended alignment shop. But if I do that I'll probably get your camber bolt kit and have them go ahead and get that all set up for me too. At least then it would make the trip down a little more worth while. Maybe if you have your new and improved 1LE permagrin package ready by then I can purchase that as well.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:33 PM   #426
JusticePete

The alignment is good. The green range from the factory is HUGE. My range is thissmall and you are almost in my range. Relax and drive the wheel off!
Old 04-14-2015, 03:46 PM   #427
Nick S

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The alignment is good. The green range from the factory is HUGE. My range is thissmall and you are almost in my range. Relax and drive the wheel off!
Yes Sir!!! Will do!!
Old 04-19-2015, 09:13 PM   #428
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
If we increase the front caster by way of grinding the hole to a slot and using eccentrics or caster locks, will that take away from the max negative camber potential?
Old 04-19-2015, 09:14 PM   #429
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb95z28 View Post
If we increase the front caster by way of grinding the hole to a slot and using eccentrics or caster locks, will that take away from the max negative camber potential?
Max camber will still be available.

Increasing caster returns the steering wheel to the center position more quickly. The harder you drive through corners, the more important this becomes. When fraction of second matter to you, caster matters to you.

The 2010 on 5th Gen Camaro sub-frame is equipped with 'fences' for use with eccentric bolts to adjust caster. Unfortunately, the bolt hole is round from the factory and needs to be ground to a slot to use them with a factory rear camber bolt eccentric. Under the high loads of track use, eccentrics can drift. JPSS developed a bullet-proof solution. Black Magic Caster Locks. The bolt hole is slotted only toward the front of the vehicle. The Black Magic Caster Locks are installed adding a full degree of caster with no possibility of movement under load.

Simple
Bulletproof
JPSS

The 2010 5th Gen Camaro ships with a round bolt hole for the brake tension/radius arm. Interestingly, the factory welds in place ‘fences’ for use with eccentric bolts to adjust caster. To make the adjustment functional the round hole must be ground into a slot shape. JPSS make two Camaro 5th Gen caster solutions. Black Magic HD Eccentric Bolts and Black Magic Caster Locks.

Black Magic Cater Locks are NOT Adjustable. The slot is ground forward toward the front bumper.

The prototype Black Magic Caster Lock installed on our test car. It pulls the arm forward, increasing caster and locks it in place.

http://www.jpssonline.com/#/jpss-bla...-caster-locks/
Old 04-20-2015, 08:25 AM   #430
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
It might not be very difficult to add adjustability in finite steps with positive setting retention, although it'd require one more piece per side and some machining . . .

Norm
Old 04-20-2015, 08:52 AM   #431
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
It might not be very difficult to add adjustability in finite steps with positive setting retention, although it'd require one more piece per side and some machining . . .

Norm
You are spot on Norm, but it would require the kit to include a number of matched plates in different size increments. For incremental adjustment, we make out HD eccentrics. I'll be in the shop checking on them this morning.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:27 PM   #432
smok3d

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS / RS
Hi, I posted this in a new thread also but thought maybe this is a better place for it..

Hi, after doing a bunch of searches and being more confused, I am hoping that maybe someone with good knowledge can help me out...

I just completed doing an FE4 conversion consisting of the OEM rear lower control arms, rear sway end links and front sway endlinks, plus put on some Pfadt Lowering Springs and Sway Bars.

I got everything together, timed the bushings and took it for a spin. The alignment is way out of whack which I assumed would happen, no problem.. The steering wheel is actually off a little bit, a couple degrees to the right and it does not pull either direction going down the road. It does however when under hard acceleration, seem to feel like the back end is going to kick out either left or right..

Not wanting to drive it that way for long I took it to Belle Tire for an alignment today, only place open and we have no good auto shops in the area :(
After a few moments on the lift, they came back and told me they were unable to get it within the alignment specs needed.

I had given them alignment specs from a suggested Pfadt spec sheet I got off of the forums for Performance Street setup. They told me they could only adjust the toe and that the camber front and rear could not be adjusted to get it where it needed to be, same as well for any caster adjustment up front :( They stated that they needed special bolts to be able to do this.

I am not sure what to do now as I do not know if I did something wrong installing the parts, both lower control arms were the same part# and looked the same, I got the part# off the forums and also from the parts breakdowns..

Could someone please help me, I do not know what to do next :(
I appreciate any insight any of you may have. I have also attached my alignment specs that Belle Tire had printed for me as well.
Attached Images

smok3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 05:08 PM   #433
Retro69

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Your pull under acceleration is likely your front sway bar links are not adjusted correctly. With the car sitting on the alignment rack you need to disconnect one of the links. Adjust the length of the link until it slips with little effort into the sway bar.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Retro69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 05:58 PM   #434
smok3d

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro69 View Post
Your pull under acceleration is likely your front sway bar links are not adjusted correctly. With the car sitting on the alignment rack you need to disconnect one of the links. Adjust the length of the link until it slips with little effort into the sway bar.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Thanks for the response Retro69.. I am not 100% sure I understand what you mean by adjusting the length of the sway bar link.

I am running the GM OEM 2012 front sway bar end links, I did not think these were adjustable. If I am wrong please let me know and how I would adjust them.

I also do have both front and rear in the #2 position for now as well.
smok3d is offline   Reply With Quote