Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-20-2010, 06:32 PM   #421
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROD1 View Post
Did you mention our request to rename the V2?
Yes, I did... We laughed....
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:34 PM   #422
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Ok... went down to MRT today and talked with Scott today...

First topic... Installation... Scott and I reviewed the install sheet... I had him incorporate all the great installation feedback you guys have been giving me! New install sheet should be greatly improved! Thanks guys for that feedback!!

We also talked about the pipes being too tight. It's really a kind of a fine line... The number of guys that are reporting pipes being too tight are really a very small percentage... I understand that it would suck if you were in that small percentage, but hopefully the tips and hints on the new install sheet should help! Like making sure you clear all the burrs off the pipe after you cut the pipe! The pipe clearance is in the thousands of an inch, so a burr could definitely give you grief!

We did talk about opening the MRT pipe up a bit more.. but the downside is that is then it might be to loose and won't clamp down properly...

Again, i know we have a few guys here were it seemed to be to tight.. but based on total sales, it's a very small percent... Scott told me they have not received any phone calls on it being too tight... So if you run into a situation where the pipe just won't go on, give MRT a call! One thing Scott mentioned is that over time the tooling at the factory can wear/change meaning things on the cars can change... so it goes back to variances from car to car... and if this is a trend then Scott will make the necessary adjustments...

Second topic... Tips...

Scott has heard you... He understands that some folks prefer 4 inch tips... his concern is that a high quality 4 inch tip will cost more... Also going back to variances from car to car, it may cause it to be harder to get a good tip alignment... To help with that he may need to look at a clamp on tip... which would also add cost due to having to include a SS band clamp.... Last thing Scott's wants to do is sell people a 4 inch tip system and then have unhappy customers due to alignment problems... Again the other option is to offer a tip-less system and you provide your own tip....

Third topic... Group buy...

As i had mentioned... As a manufacturer Scott just has a policy of not doing group buys, leaving that to resellers... That being said, as I mentioned, I thing the MRT systems are very competitively priced and Scott has left the "introductory" pricing in place... He did however say he was going to try and doing something for C5 members... he didn't go into details...

Ok... that's my "quick" update! Thanks again to everyone here!!!

Any news of the CAI?
Old 02-20-2010, 08:38 PM   #423
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrray13 View Post
Any news of the CAI?
We briefly discussed it... Don't think MRT will be doing their own CAI... We did take some measurements for a few other things... hehehe...
Old 02-20-2010, 08:41 PM   #424
mrray13

Quote:
We briefly discussed it... Don't think MRT will be doing their own CAI... We did take some measurements for a few other things... hehehe...

When do we get this update???? Hmmmm??
Old 02-20-2010, 08:49 PM   #425
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:

When do we get this update???? Hmmmm??
More than likely going to be quite a while..
Old 02-20-2010, 08:59 PM   #426
mrray13

Any hints as to what you all have going on in your super secret squirrel facility?
Old 02-20-2010, 09:06 PM   #427
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Any hints as to what you all have going on in your super secret squirrel facility?
you wouldn't be interested... appearance stuff... LOL
Old 02-20-2010, 09:13 PM   #428
mrray13

Lol, okay. Just in case, you wanna drop a hint if you can?
Old 02-20-2010, 11:38 PM   #429
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Quote:
Ok... went down to MRT today and talked with Scott today...

Third topic... Group buy...

As i had mentioned... As a manufacturer Scott just has a policy of not doing group buys, leaving that to resellers... That being said, as I mentioned, I thing the MRT systems are very competitively priced and Scott has left the "introductory" pricing in place... He did however say he was going to try and doing something for C5 members... he didn't go into details...

Ok... that's my "quick" update! Thanks again to everyone here!!!
when do you think you can get more info on what Scott has planned for us C5 members? cuz i trying to buy one from a person who has to sell his car but i dont want to buy a used unit if i can get a new one for a little more then what he is asking...

thanks...
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:14 AM   #430
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevn86 View Post
when do you think you can get more info on what Scott has planned for us C5 members? cuz i trying to buy one from a person who has to sell his car but i dont want to buy a used unit if i can get a new one for a little more then what he is asking...

thanks...
ok... may sound kind of corny or hokey.... But one thing that seem to have always gone over well, with customers is Free MRT T-shirts... I know, it's not much at all, but seem car guys love FREE stuff, even T-Shirts... I know but I'm guilty myself... i have quite the collection including a coupel Zex and Vortechs... including my favorite. my daughter in her favorite onesie! LOL

Problem right now is all the MRT shirts feature MRT's award winning SEMA vehicles... which, yes are all FORD vehicles... Scott figured that would really wouldn't go over very well here, so he's designing a more appropriate shirt...

So may not be much... but around my house seems like I can never have enough car related t-shirts! LOL
Old 02-21-2010, 08:43 AM   #431
ROD1
Retired

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
Quote:
one thing that seem to have always gone over well, with customers is Free MRT T-shirts... I know, it's not much at all, but seem car guys love FREE stuff, even T-Shirts...
I mentioned a free windshield decal like yours when I ordered. It went ignored. I have no problems with that. They are in business to make money to feed and clothe their families and to save money for their new G5.
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:03 AM   #432
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROD1 View Post
I mentioned a free windshield decal like yours when I ordered. It went ignored. I have no problems with that. They are in business to make money to feed and clothe their families and to save money for their new G5.
Windshield banner.... hmmm... Think Scott usually reserves those more for the MRT open houses and other "events"... And he put them on himself! LOL!

Perhaps you need to come to Detroit this August for the Woodward Dream Cruise! MRT always has an open house the Friday before the Cruise!

I will mention the windshield banner to him though!
Old 02-21-2010, 11:29 AM   #433
mrray13

Shoot, I'd settle for a small decal, like 2.5" x 4" or so, lol. A t-shirt would be cool too!

Not sure what I'm going to do with the decals, but I'm sure I'll figure out something!
Old 02-21-2010, 05:27 PM   #434
ROD1
Retired

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
Quote:
Perhaps you need to come to Detroit this August for the Woodward Dream Cruise! MRT always has an open house the Friday before the Cruise!

I will mention the windshield banner to him though!
Thanks It would be cool but dont press them. Hmmmm Detroit? Id have to make that my vacation week and I dont think the fam would be to keen on it.:(
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote