Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-03-2016, 07:52 PM   #421
Twin Town Terror

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/eng...t-nitrous-kit/

Dyno graphs and afr's in this article.

By the way the intake spacer was hands down the biggest improvement to my 1/4 times out of all my mods so far. Once the snow melts I'm sure the new wheels and tires will beat it though.
Elite catch can & clean side oil separator, Apex Scoop, CAI cold air intake, Vmax ported throttle body, TTT ported intake manifold, JacFab intake manifold spacer, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Weld RT-S 17x5 f and 17x 9 r wheels, MT 28/6/17 f and M&H 275/50/17 r tires, TTT rear seat delete, Nitrous Outlet plate kit, 125hp jets.
Twin Town Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:54 PM   #422
Skullcandy

Drives: 2013 camaro 2ls
I understand, it'll work great for that. When I have everything installed and a tune with radials, I'll hook for days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Skullcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:58 PM   #423
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
Has anyone tried porting the heads?

I haven't finished reading the rest of this thread yet, but I'll be getting my Big Block Mopar engine out of the machine shop soon. As soon as I do, I'm going to drop off a set of LFX heads for porting both exhaust and intake sides, and see if anything can be done for valve de-shrouding or enlargement/improvements. I'm sure others have made some headway in this department, but I'm starting fresh, so who knows what i'll encounter. If anyone has any prior experience with porting the LFX heads, I'd love to hear it before I get to work on mine.

If we can get an old 440 Engine to run over 1150 CFM (which originally had a 650 cfm carb), I'm sure we can make some progress on the LFX as well.

Also, please keep me in mind, as I'll also be trying to get some work done on the rotating assembly (Crankshaft, Rods, Pistons), and even considering a light stroker kit, but I'll need a good buy-in when the time comes...so if there's any interest in any of this, just let me know.

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto
ghosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:01 PM   #424
Skullcandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosted View Post
I haven't finished reading the rest of this thread yet, but I'll be getting my Big Block Mopar engine out of the machine shop soon. As soon as I do, I'm going to drop off a set of LFX heads for porting both exhaust and intake sides, and see if anything can be done for valve de-shrouding or enlargement/improvements. I'm sure others have made some headway in this department, but I'm starting fresh, so who knows what i'll encounter. If anyone has any prior experience with porting the LFX heads, I'd love to hear it before I get to work on mine.

If we can get an old 440 Engine to run over 1150 CFM (which originally had a 650 cfm carb), I'm sure we can make some progress on the LFX as well.

Also, please keep me in mind, as I'll also be trying to get some work done on the rotating assembly (Crankshaft, Rods, Pistons), and even considering a light stroker kit, but I'll need a good buy-in when the time comes...so if there's any interest in any of this, just let me know.

This is what I like to hear! I know Gretchen did some head work but not really sure to what extent. I think there plenty to gain and am super excited! Anything is possible with some hard work!

Old 02-03-2016, 08:09 PM   #425
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
All this talk of nitrous always makes me want it! Has any v6 guys here built there motors specifically for nitrous?

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:10 PM   #426
ghosted
BCS Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcandy View Post
This is what I like to hear! I know Gretchen did some head work but not really sure to what extent. I think there plenty to gain and am super excited! Anything is possible with some hard work!

Definitely! Yeah, I planned on collaborating with a bunch of the experienced guys around here, since I'm technically a Camaro5 newbie (joined 11/2015), though I'm not new to engine performance!

Old 02-03-2016, 08:11 PM   #427
crc91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post
I don't think you have to. etmx183 is running 12 seconds flat with just bolt-ons and nitrous

Well I know you don't have to butttttt getting into the 11's would be fun

Old 02-03-2016, 08:12 PM   #428
Skullcandy

Don't believe there has been a motor just for spray but I think that if cams get sorted out and some nice motor work we can start to bump up the shot from 100-125 to over 200 easily and safely. Hell even 250 shot. And someone ran a 11.89 on spray (100), exhaus, and cai without a tune.

Old 02-03-2016, 08:17 PM   #429
Skullcandy

The LFX tune / Mace cams install thread

If spray could be bumped up due to a safer and stronger motor with good supporting mods, we would own the fast list top ten spots for a fraction of the money the F/I cars do. Trust me, I would go fi in a second over spray but it's to much cash to slap down and you would still need to do other mods to get good 1/4 times. A grand for spray or 7-8k for F/I and that not installed or tuned.. You'll run similar times with spray when going against boost. And when you boost You'd also want meth, boost controller, built motor for more power ect...

Old 02-03-2016, 08:43 PM   #430
camrytt

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Man I wish this had panned out better. Ah well

Current: 2017 ZL1 A10
previous: 2019 1SS A10
previous: '14 L99, CAI intake, vmax ported tb, e85 kit, stage 2 cnc heads, speed engineering long tubes, custom high flows, resonated x pipe, muffler delete, qtp cut outs, gpi ss3 vvt Cam, zl1 pump and injectors, fti triple disc, mayhem motorsports trans cooler and tune, ngk spark plugs +red msd wires, 3.91 gears.
Past: '12 LFX, full bolt ons + E85, 302hp/267tq
camrytt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 02:00 AM   #431
crc91

These LFX motors can be picked up cheappppp too about 1.5k

Old 02-04-2016, 02:06 AM   #432
ghosted
BCS Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
These LFX motors can be picked up cheappppp too about 1.5k

Yep! Exactly what I was going to do when it was time to send it to the Machine Shop!

Old 02-04-2016, 10:03 AM   #433
DGM

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LS - Ashen Gray
the car is running extremely well... lots of dyno/tuning time put into it and going back for another dyno tune with the largest aem meth nozzle and 100% methanol... I have not made it to track to see what she'll do although traction is a major issue at this point and working out options as it is my daily driver...was waiting to post any numbers until I had it all the info... finally got my wideband issue straightened out, using plx now for that and boost through dash logic...
"WIDOW" Overkill Edition w/Mace Cams,80mm tb,Jacfab spacer/ported intake,Alky Control,ARH off road pipes,SOLO custom system,3.91 gears, MGW,Phantom grilles,ZL1 appearance pkge, 3dCarbon vents, Lingenfelter hood and spoiler, PLX boost/wideband modules/gauge,ZL1 fuel pump,LF3 hpfp,DSS aluminum driveshaft,JPSS sway bars, Z28 replica wheels and CxRacing coilovers..
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:13 AM   #434
Skullcandy

That's excellent news. Super excited to see the numbers and results. Are you going to look into redoing your rear suspension and tires to hook up better?