Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the Mustang?
Hate it. Plain and simple. 11 7.19%
Improvement... but not my cup of Tea 27 17.65%
Love it, its my next car. 25 16.34%
Its cool, but its not a Camaro. 90 58.82%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 04:40 PM   #421
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
[QUOTE=Z/28orSs;487346]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_chef View Post

DOnt let him talk you into that sillyness
i let you drive my 4th gen so you can feel the power ! and retuen to the light side!
i know power. and if i were to get a mustang i would wait for the 5.0. in truth its all just gonna come down to the test drive
Old 05-14-2009, 11:36 PM   #422
Fireball

Drives: Turbocharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
let us know what you think after you get to test drive a Camaro.
Just drove a few 2010 Camaros: LS, 1LT & 1LT RS

I really like the black steel heritage wheels on the Aqua Blue Camaro. The interior feels cheap though, with plastic steering wheel, shifter, interior bits and cheap-feeling seats. Base stereo is pretty good; BA system just has more power/bass. All 3 Camaros I drove have automatic transmissions.

Outward visibility is poor. The windshield & side windows feel like you are looking out a 12" high glass strip. I couldn't see anything out the 4:00 and 8:00 positions.

Cars have very good steering feel; steering is precise. Cars corner flat with no body roll and passengers do not lean around quick corners. Very impressive.

Exhaust sounds neat from behind, kind of like a tuner car. Someone said it sounds like a Nissan. But from inside while driving, the engine/exhaust sounds weird, like a droning sound not fit for a Camaro.

Pickup was decent; 3700 pounds is a lot for a V6 to move. Once moving, hitting the throttle causes major downshift action, and the Camaro scoots along quite nicely. I put the gear shift into M mode and worked the paddles; Marco Andretti I am not! These paddle shifters would take some getting used to.

Overall, the V6 Camaro drives good. It is quiet, steering feels accurate, handling is above average, interior is roomy and comfortable (in 1LT trim w/C&C), has adequate power, allegedly gets good gas mileage, looks smashing from the outside, and is priced right.

LT: Aqua Blue w/black heritage wheels & gray cloth interior. The best looking car for the $$$ by far. That blue has rich metal flakes that pop in the sun.

1LT: Black w/19" polished wheels & gray cloth interior. This one had sunroof, BA audio (I think), C&C package and of course the upgraded wheel/tire package. It just arrived and was being dolled up when I got to the dealership. 6.6 miles on it when I drove it. Looked so stunning that I wanted to buy it right there! The saleswoman said they can't sell it; they are supposed to keep it for display/test-drives.

1LT RS: Red w/RS package & black interior and C&C package. Red is such an attention getter on this car that a police officer went slowly by the car dealership with his eyes fixed on this red Camaro. Very flashy car, but I liked the black w/polished more than the red w/midnight silver wheels.

In any case, my blender on steroids (WRX) feels like it would rape these Camaros on a race track (drag strip or road course). A salesman who asked what I currently drive even admitted this. But of course the Camaro has much more style and panache than my screaming vacuum cleaner.

Next up is the SS test drive. I'm sure the SS will outperform my WRX, but I'm guessing not by much.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:04 AM   #423
Mrbobcat

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT premium
Hey Fireball, that is'nt a bad looking WRX. Is that a 2009? I was originally going to look at one of those, can't beat the performance for the money (plus good in the winter), but heard about all the motor issues. So that's when I started looking at rwd cars like the gencoupe, mustang and camaro.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:37 AM   #424
whiteycg

Drives: http://www.dilusiauto.com
the original concept behind the design of the camaro's interior was inspired by a cockpit in a fighter jet.. now that this is a really old look nowadays, the throwback is kind of neat... just wanted to throw that out there in case people are thinking the new camaro looks really tacky
Old 05-15-2009, 08:37 AM   #425
avol2
2G1FT1EWXA9104709

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
if you are reviewing the CARS then stick to that... the banko or not should have nothing to do with the review...

ahhh I'm just saying..... IMHO

~~~~~~~~~~~
Julie
aka aVOL2 (because I ride a VOLusia Too)
Old 05-15-2009, 05:17 PM   #426
ironpeddler

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
IMHO Caramo has Mustang stomped under the hood, which is the most important part. Looks, interior are all subjective. I do think that the exterior of the camaro looks much better than that of a mustang though.

Better question/comparison will be how will the new coyote Mustang engine (5.0L) will compete with the ls3 of the camaro. 2011 or for sure by 2012 the mustang GT will receive a new engine.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:08 PM   #427
chevyman247

Drives: 97 Z28, 94 Z28
Ok , it is a about opion and ford does have some good points so does the all new camaro . But mustage owners are die hard drivers against camaro and has always has been since camaros birth in 67 . So its all in choice ,but i have had camaros and have a uncle who has both 67 and 68 camaros and 87 mustage built like a brick----house and we both agree that its a diffence in opion so dont knock it tell you own it.
CAMARO IS ALL YOU NEED....... for its still true american muscel without turbos and superchargers from factory and all muscel cars should remember the true heritage of built cars not looking for the easy way out build it not add turbos or super chargers comeon..

Last edited by chevyman247; 05-15-2009 at 06:26 PM. Reason: miss spelling
Old 05-15-2009, 06:30 PM   #428
chevyman247

Drives: 97 Z28, 94 Z28
As far as comments on iteriors why does everything have to look the same thats why gm is trying to make it look diffenent and it a camaro not a stag or challenger so why try to conpare if you aint going to own one lol
Old 05-15-2009, 06:38 PM   #429
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyman247 View Post
CAMARO IS ALL YOU NEED....... for its still true american muscel without turbos and superchargers from factory and all muscel cars should remember the true heritage of built cars not looking for the easy way out build it not add turbos or super chargers comeon..
sounds like excuses to me. It's always been "run what you brung" and not "lets see who can run the biggest na engine."
Old 05-15-2009, 08:29 PM   #430
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
for its still true american muscel without turbos and superchargers from factory and all muscel cars should remember the true heritage of built cars not looking for the easy way out build it not add turbos or super chargers comeon..
Sounds fair. Hey, all you folks who drool over or actually own a ZR1 Corvette, you probably need to look into getting something that is normally-aspirated. You certainly don't want to be labeled a poser.

Last edited by garagelogic; 05-15-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:27 PM   #431
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
Sound fair. Hey, all you folks who drool over or actually own a ZR1 Corvette, you probably need to look into getting something that is normally-aspirated. You certainly don't want to be labeled a poser.
I think he meant muscle cars, which the Corvette is not. Regardless, it's still an excuse because the Camaro can't compete with the GT500.

However, I think it's silly because it's not as if the GT500 isn't built to hell. When you can add hundreds of HP to the car without fear of anything being damaged you know they did a damned good job of 'building it out'.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:56 PM   #432
Beamer
N00B

Drives: 07 Cobalt SS/SC-Toy | 97Cavalier-DD
Send a message via Yahoo to Beamer
still waiting to sit in a new maro, I may head to the ford dealer just down the road sometime and sit in a new GT or even test drive one. I test drove an '06 GT, it was an auto(all they had was autos at the time), it was alright, do not like the interior awhole lot but was not bad, than again at the time I was rolling in a Lincoln LS8 so maybe that is why.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:09 PM   #433
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChill View Post
I think he meant muscle cars, which the Corvette is not. Regardless, it's still an excuse because the Camaro can't compete with the GT500.

However, I think it's silly because it's not as if the GT500 isn't built to hell. When you can add hundreds of HP to the car without fear of anything being damaged you know they did a damned good job of 'building it out'.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:14 PM   #434
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
Ok , it is a about opion and ford does have some good points so does the all new camaro . But mustage owners are die hard drivers against camaro and has always has been since camaros birth in 67 . So its all in choice ,but i have had camaros and have a uncle who has both 67 and 68 camaros and 87 mustage built like a brick----house and we both agree that its a diffence in opion so dont knock it tell you own it.
So the 66~67~69 Shelby gt350 gt500 gt500kr and mach1 are somehow not pure muscle ?

Hmm I think a lil more research needs to be done ! Anywho's its race what brung, so whether you NA, nitrous, f/i...its all good. Lay it down and leave the excuses for the imports !

Closed Thread