Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

View Poll Results: Time to pick! Where should C5FVI be?
Bowling Green 258 25.47%
Firebird - AZ 70 6.91%
California/Vegas 244 24.09%
Gateway, St Louis IL 132 13.03%
NE 67 6.61%
Charlotte Motor Speedway, NC 230 22.70%
Mars 12 1.18%
Voters: 1013. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2014, 07:37 PM   #435
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Excuses View Post
If ur a "true camaro enthusiast" then you will go to whatever location is picked and stop complaining about it. Looks like the West should be considered to be fair whether its Cali, AZ, Utah, or Vegas.
A lot of the people use up their limited vacation time for these events and don't want to vacation in the same place two years in a row. And whether you're a "true Camaro enthusiast" doesn't depend on if you come to this event or not.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:08 PM   #436
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
The newest pic of the Corvette Museum Motorsports Park:

Old 05-21-2014, 08:34 AM   #437
durbojones

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro, M6, AGM
Realistically, the NCM track is most likely completely out of the question for next year. Maybe in two years but not next year. I wouldn't be surprised if the track is booked for nearly everyday from the opening day to a year out. The more realistic option for Bowling Green is to use the Beech Bend Raceway. The LSfest has been there every year since 2010. They have multiple classes of drag racing, an Autocross, a speed-steer-stop challenge, a drifting competition, and a country cruise. The site is more than capable of handling the Camaro5 event as it has handled the LSfest quite well every year.

I am not saying that the event should be held in Bowling Green, I am saying lets be realistic about the chances of using the NCM complex.

I plan on making it next year's Fest. I would love to see it in Colorado, Kansas, Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina or anywhere really. California might be a bit far for me but I am not going to stomp up and down if it is held there. I will do what I can to make it there. My only suggestion is to hold the event between June to August instead of early or late in the year.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:24 AM   #438
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
The first year is already booked solidly.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:30 AM   #439
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Anyone else notice that NCM Motorsports Park is NOT going to have a drag strip?

Doesn't that pretty much preclude it from the discussion entirely?

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:34 AM   #440
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by durbojones View Post
Realistically, the NCM track is most likely completely out of the question for next year. Maybe in two years but not next year. I wouldn't be surprised if the track is booked for nearly everyday from the opening day to a year out. The more realistic option for Bowling Green is to use the Beech Bend Raceway. The LSfest has been there every year since 2010. They have multiple classes of drag racing, an Autocross, a speed-steer-stop challenge, a drifting competition, and a country cruise. The site is more than capable of handling the Camaro5 event as it has handled the LSfest quite well every year.

I am not saying that the event should be held in Bowling Green, I am saying lets be realistic about the chances of using the NCM complex.

I plan on making it next year's Fest. I would love to see it in Colorado, Kansas, Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina or anywhere really. California might be a bit far for me but I am not going to stomp up and down if it is held there. I will do what I can to make it there. My only suggestion is to hold the event between June to August instead of early or late in the year.
This is very true. I really like Beech Bend and we're still in the area so those who want to hit up other attractions can.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:00 PM   #441
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Why not have something more central so more people can attend. If you do on one coast or another limited amount of people can make it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:02 PM   #442
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
GEORGIA, where it started.
Hot Wheels Emblems and Floor Mats, Morimoto Fog Lights, PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting & My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller & Paddle Shifter Heritage Grill, Manual Shifter Boot, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Hot Wheels door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:07 PM   #443
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
So umm, where is Camaro Fest 6 going to be?

I am from Texas and this was my first CFest. To be honest I was surprised so little turned out. I was expecting much much more. I knew several in my own club and other local clubs who didn't go!! Why not pick a place and stick to it. Why flip flop all around? It makes for interesting scenery, but same place every year can be cool as we'll. Majority are in it for the company, vendors and shows. That can be done anywhere. I don't drag race, but a straight away is a straight away no?? I Would rather see a larger vendor turn our and member turn out where people can actually make it out.

CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:57 PM   #444
rich3fan
What's this button do?

Drives: 2019 Black 2SS
Bowling Green gets my vote. Not too far from the fastest state in the nation ( ) and Kentucky is a beautiful state to visit.

rich3fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:01 PM   #445
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
I am from Texas and this was my first CFest. To be honest I was surprised so little turned out. I was expecting much much more. I knew several in my own club and other local clubs who didn't go!! Why not pick a place and stick to it. Why flip flop all around? It makes for interesting scenery, but same place every year can be cool as we'll. Majority are in it for the company, vendors and shows. That can be done anywhere. I don't drag race, but a straight away is a straight away no?? I Would rather see a larger vendor turn our and member turn out where people can actually make it out.

So let me ask you, if you lived in Los Angeles California and the fest was in Kentucky every year, where a lot of people are suggesting is central, how often would you go? Btw, that's over 2k miles one way.

Moving the fest around works perfectly. Everyone gets a chance to attend every few years, not just the majority every year and forget about some.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:06 PM   #446
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post

Because as pointed out previously in this thread, Year 1 in Indy attendance was high, Year 2, not so much...people who traveled distance to get there the first year, didn't come back the second year, been there, done that...it moves around to give the different areas of the country an opportunity to get to a Camaro5Fest...that being said, the total attendance at any of these events is not going to be huge as our target group (5th gen Camaros) is only so large, vendors have many events to go to in a year, so they pick and choose for the largest audience.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:30 PM   #447
ShmRocc
ShmRocc

Drives: 2010 Synergy Edition
I flew all the way from NJ to attend this years C5 Fest in Texas and it was great doesn't matter where the next one is ill be driving my car there!
2010 Synergy Edition 1LT 3.6L V6 with Volant Cold Air Induction and MRT v2 Axle Back exhaust, AAC Oracle Halos & Fogs, Afterburner, Max LED Underglow, footweels lighting, green dome lighting, camaro door sills, and carbon fiber bowties & side gills!
ShmRocc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:32 PM   #448
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
The track and all looks good. How about a big hotel close by???
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Quite a few actually.

http://hotelguides.com/tennessee/mem...tn-hotels.html

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
Thanks Gretchen! Beat me to it. Hotels they recommend on their website: http://racemir.com/marketingsponsors...eferred-hotels
They have repaved the track this year too! It's really nice. Lots of parking and nothing around there. The police love events out there and are always helpful. Not far from the interstate loop and plenty of room there to do a small cruise or something. Barely any traffic on that stretch. The staff are awesome and knowledgeable. They host a lot of huge events including Super Chevy and Hot Rod Tour. Just don't plan it on the weekend of Memphis in May or Super Chevy Weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowCammy View Post
works for me I won't have to travel lol

however, I will advise for the month of May we have Memphis is May going on. downtown hotels may be booked for those festivals. but the track is good and we have a super chevy show every year there.

Super Chevy is usually in mid April and Memphis in May is all month long technically. Best to avoid First weekend in May (Beale Street Music Fest) and Mid May (BBQ Contest). Rest of May is open as well as rest of summer is open in Memphis.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote