Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-05-2017, 09:49 AM   #435
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
I can't understand why you keep coming back to this 'bragging rights' thing for V8 owners. I'm an old guy (one of your later posts), and bragging about any of my V8-powered cars for having a V8 engine has never crossed my mind. Think about it - if I have to tell anybody that my car has a V8, what's their opinion worth? Is it worth my time chasing it?

Apparently for you, a car featuring about 1000 lbs of its own weight per liter of engine displacement is entirely satisfactory, and that's fine for you. Just don't expect everybody else to feel the same way about having family sedan-ish weight to power in their 'toys' or 'fun cars'. Try stepping outside yourself at least far enough to recognize that there are people who'd rather have cars that are even more relaxed in maintaining a normal street driving pace.

Norm
Norm I don't know what you're driving but your picture looks like it's something fairly slow what's that old Beast doing 0 to 60 in my friend. I don't even know what this conversation has to do with you I bet you I can take that Mustang it with my 6 cylinder and I bet you it handles horribly. But I do stand by what I said if you're spending an extra $10,000 to get the V8 I surely do hope you use it. Because to me and everyone has an opinion Norm even though you like to go and cherry pick what you're trying to post here but it's okay you're backing up your bro. But to me 0 - 60 and 5.1 seconds is enough for the street. I would appreciate it Norm if you're going to continue on this thread can you post up your car specs cuz if you're going to talk you might as well talk about what you drive
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:51 AM   #436
14Black1LESS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMadeYouReadThis View Post
I meant to 6th gen V6 1 l e. Yeah what I meant you're just being a jerk. The whole time I meant a 1le vs a 1le. 6th gen V6 versus your 5th gen. You know exactly what I meant. But I would say that I would think that even the 6th gen 4 cylinder could probably come close to a handling you if not it handling you your car is heavy man and it's not very fast compared to the new ones.
I'm not being a jerk, if I was being a jerk then I'd tell you to learn how to use correct sentences and grammar. You really don't get it though do you!?!? So in your little mind you think a car that weighs roughly 3400lb, has 275hp and 295tq can handle, or come close to handling, a car that weighs roughly 3850 with 426hp and 420tq and has a suspension setup that was made for autocross. Handling is not all about weight genius. And no, your beloved 6th Gen V6, with or without 1LE, is not faster than the 5th Gen 1LE. Again, there is more to handling than just weight. But your right, the 5th Gen SS is really slow, any car out there can beat it!!
Old 09-05-2017, 09:55 AM   #437
14Black1LESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
I can't understand why you keep coming back to this 'bragging rights' thing for V8 owners. I'm an old guy (one of your later posts), and bragging about any of my V8-powered cars for having a V8 engine has never crossed my mind. Think about it - if I have to tell anybody that my car has a V8, what's their opinion worth? Is it worth my time chasing it?

Apparently for you, a car featuring about 1000 lbs of its own weight per liter of engine displacement is entirely satisfactory, and that's fine for you. Just don't expect everybody else to feel the same way about having family sedan-ish weight to power in their 'toys' or 'fun cars'. Try stepping outside yourself at least far enough to recognize that there are people who'd rather have cars that are even more relaxed in maintaining a normal street driving pace.

Norm
Watch out Norm, nothing is faster than the 6th Gen V6 according to IMadeYouReadThis! He likes to paper race, I don't think he has ever raced a car in his life.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:02 AM   #438
IMadeYouReadThis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Black1LESS View Post
Please see following quotes from you.

Here you claim that you can really only use the V8's performance on a track and can't use it on the street which is total bs. So basically you are degrading the V8 because it's not practical for street use that only a V6 is.

Then you degrade it to as only old men buy them and store them in their garage.

Last on this quote, you say people are popping their hoods to see that it really has a V6 and not a V8. Really?!?! First, the V8 has heat extractors on the hood and the V6 doesn't. Second, there is a big difference in the exhaust sounds. Third, there is a big difference between having 335hp, 284tq, and 455hp and tq. If they were popping the hoods to make sure it has a V6 then they were probably comparing it to the LS1 Camaro, which in that case I could see them doing that. As I have already said numerous times on here, which apparently you are blind to seeing, the 6th Gen V6 is very impressive.

We won't get back on the exhaust sounds, which is still funny to me but whatever. Here you degrade the 5th Gen V8 in trying to claim a 4th Gen SS can run circles around it. Even though this sentence will get twisted around I'm sure, but since you have said the 6th Gen V6 can hang with the LS1 Camaro, which I do believe it can, that would mean that you think the 6th Gen V6 can hang with the 5th Gen SS also, based solely on that the 4th Gen SS can "run circles" around it. So that is basically degrading the LS3 again to the 6th Gen V6, but like I said I'm sure you will find a way to twist that around. All you can do is state 0-60 times. Last time I checked, races are not done to 60 and that's it. Apparently you have never been in a 5th Gen SS or a 5th Gen 1LE for that matter, then you would change your mind about the handling. As I have already stated, I have owned a 2002 Camaro SS and stock for stock it doesn't hold a candle to the 5th Gen SS, let alone the 5th Gen 1LE.

Pointing this out again, since you will probably didn't understand it originally, I was talking about the 6th Gen 1LE SS since we are in fact on the 6th Gen forum.

Again, apparently races are only done 0-60.

Apparently I didn't even see this but yes here in the U.S., more than 10%-20% of people mod their cars. That might not be the case in Canada. That's good for you that you have been in the V8 scene for over a decade, I have been in the V8 scene for over 20 years. So what is your point with that.

Degrading it once again just automatically assuming the V6 1LE would destroy the 5th Gen 1LE on the lightening lap. I don't recall what g-force the V6 1LE can do in the turns but I would assume it is close to the 5th Gen 1LE, but you have to remember, the 5th Gen has more power. Yes the 6th Gen V6 weighs less but the V8 has more than enough hp and tq to make up for that weight difference.

Couldn't agree with you more that the 5th Gen is too heavy, but it does feel like a F-body.

Just had to put this one up again. Love it how I have to own a 6th Gen. to post here.

Hopefully this will clarify some things for you but I'm sure it won't.

Alright risky Justice I don't know how else I can tell you how old this is getting

So I do stick by what I said the V6 for daily driver is a damn fine automobile

The exhaust sounds exotic even according to GM

I stick by the fact that you can't use the 6th gen ss power fully on the street hell I'll even throw you can't use the full power of the V6 LG X on the street unless you want to risk going to jail.

And yes I'll stick by what I said as well a bit the wards Personnel popping the hood to see what engine was underneath when they were reviewing the LG X Camaro for the 2016 wards testing in fact I will post a link.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:06 AM   #439
IMadeYouReadThis

Here blackss stop playing your games man.

http://wardsauto.com/2016/2016-winne...s-36l-dohc-v-6

One of the biggest challenges for editors test driving 31 powertrains in the span of two months for Wards 10 Best Engines is keeping each one’s qualities clearly delineated in the mind. They tend to run together, literally. Hence, copious note taking.

After a few years, editors develop their own testing sequences, such as getting on the highway and running wide-open throttle in third gear for a spell, or switching manually to sixth gear to see how the engine performs at 30 mph (48 km/h). Those are the memories that stick.

And yet, when two Chevrolet Camaros arrived for testing near the end of our cycle, when the winners are starting to sort themselves out, when we’re all highly attuned to what we’re driving, The fact that a few editors needed to pop the hood or look at the Monroney to clarify which powerplant was spinning the wheels speaks volumes about the all-new 3.6L all-aluminum V-6 (codename LGX) that also is an excellent addition to the Cadillac ATS and CTS lineup.

ADVERTISING, MOUSE OVER FOR AUDIO

It muscles its way onto the 2016 Wards 10 Best Engines list not because it’s better than the LT1 V-8, which was seeking a third consecutive trophy, but because it so powerfully completes the Camaro tandem. It’s the right hand to the V-8’s left. It’s so good that certain editors prefer it to the V-8, and it doesn’t hurt that the LGX’s exhaust sounds V-8-like at times.

The V-6 so soundly trounces two of the other all-new naturally aspirated V-6s in this year’s competition that it barely seems like a fair fight.

Also worth noting: Four naturally aspirated V-6s were evaluated, and only GM’s LGX employs direct fuel injection.

The LGX eventually will fill GM’s portfolio as a replacement for the High-Feature V-6 that won Wards 10 Best Engines honors in 2008 and 2009. From that workhorse engine, the LGX gets worthy DNA, but that’s about it. Truly, the only part carrying over is the hydraulic lash adjusters in the valvetrain

Last edited by IMadeYouReadThis; 09-05-2017 at 10:21 AM.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:10 AM   #440
IMadeYouReadThis

This Thread has fallen apart it's gone way off topic and now it's becoming a pissing contest that I don't want to be a part of but I am. So if nobody else is going to contribute can somebody lock the thread so this does not have to continue on
Old 09-05-2017, 10:16 AM   #441
14Black1LESS

Quote:
I meant to 6th gen V6 1 l e. Yeah you know what I meant what I meant you're just being a awesome. The whole time I meant a 1le vs a 1le. 6th gen V6 versus your 5th gen. You know exactly what I meant. But I would say that I would think that even the 6th gen 4 cylinder could probably come close to a handling you if not it handling you your car is heavy man and it's not very fast compared to the new ones.
Thanks for going back to edit your comment to call me awesome.

Quote:
Alright risky Justice I don't know how else I can tell you how old this is getting

I stick by the fact that you can't use the 6th gen ss power fully on the street hell I'll even throw you can't use the full power of the V6 LG X on the street unless you want to risk going to jail.

And yes I'll stick by what I said as well a bit the wards Personnel popping the hood to see what engine was underneath when they were reviewing the LG X Camaro for the 2016 wards testing in fact I will post a link.
Little bit confused are we?!?! You quoted me and you are calling out Risky Justice.

I also stick by what I said that you apparently forget to read that the V6 is very impressive.

Here we go, you bringing up the exhaust again. Believe what you want.

Since you apparently can only handle 335hp and 284tq, that doesn't mean that the SS isn't street worthy to someone else.

Post the link, that still doesn't change the fact of what I said.

Quote:
Here Risky Justice. Now stop playing your games man.

http://wardsauto.com/2016/2016-winne...s-36l-dohc-v-6

One of the biggest challenges for editors test driving 31 powertrains in the span of two months for Wards 10 Best Engines is keeping each one’s qualities clearly delineated in the mind. They tend to run together, literally. Hence, copious note taking.

After a few years, editors develop their own testing sequences, such as getting on the highway and running wide-open throttle in third gear for a spell, or switching manually to sixth gear to see how the engine performs at 30 mph (48 km/h). Those are the memories that stick.

And yet, when two Chevrolet Camaros arrived for testing near the end of our cycle, when the winners are starting to sort themselves out, when we’re all highly attuned to what we’re driving, The fact that a few editors needed to pop the hood or look at the Monroney to clarify which powerplant was spinning the wheels speaks volumes about the all-new 3.6L all-aluminum V-6 (codename LGX) that also is an excellent addition to the Cadillac ATS and CTS lineup.

ADVERTISING, MOUSE OVER FOR AUDIO

It muscles its way onto the 2016 Wards 10 Best Engines list not because it’s better than the LT1 V-8, which was seeking a third consecutive trophy, but because it so powerfully completes the Camaro tandem. It’s the right hand to the V-8’s left. It’s so good that certain editors prefer it to the V-8, and it doesn’t hurt that the LGX’s exhaust sounds V-8-like at times.

The V-6 so soundly trounces two of the other all-new naturally aspirated V-6s in this year’s competition that it barely seems like a fair fight.

Also worth noting: Four naturally aspirated V-6s were evaluated, and only GM’s LGX employs direct fuel injection.

The LGX eventually will fill GM’s portfolio as a replacement for the High-Feature V-6 that won Wards 10 Best Engines honors in 2008 and 2009. From that workhorse engine, the LGX gets worthy DNA, but that’s about it. Truly, the only part carrying over is the hydraulic lash adjusters in the valvetrain
Again, they are not very bright if they had to pop the hoods to see what engine it had.

Quote:
This Thread has fallen apart it's gone way off topic and now it's becoming a pissing contest that I don't want to be a part of but I am. So if nobody else is going to contribute can somebody lock the thread so this does not have to continue on
V6 vs. V8 threads always end up being a pissing contest. You made yourself apart of it by posting bs things about V8's.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:24 AM   #442
IMadeYouReadThis

Quote:
Thanks for going back to edit your comment to call me awesome.

Little bit confused are we?!?! You quoted me and you are calling out Risky Justice.

I also stick by what I said that you apparently forget to read that the V6 is very impressive.

Here we go, you bringing up the exhaust again. Believe what you want.

Since you apparently can only handle 335hp and 284tq, that doesn't mean that the SS isn't street worthy to someone else.

Post the link, that still doesn't change the fact of what I said.

Again, they are not very bright if they had to pop the hoods to see what engine it had.

V6 vs. V8 threads always end up being a pissing contest. You made yourself apart of it by posting bs things about V8's.

You're right I'm an idiot Ward Automotive is an idiot everybody's an idiot except you. Because if I don't you'll just keep on continuing on just like that screaming little girl you have an avatar as and wine and wine and repost stuff and you won't stop and I can't handle it anymore man.

Everybody on here knows I never talk smack about a 6th gen SS. Everybody on here knows your car is nowhere near as fast as a 6th gen SS.

Everybody on here knows your car weighs a ton more than a 6th gen.

I believe the only V8 you can be defending is the one in your car which is a great V8 I love the LS engine just your car is really damn heavy man.

I don't know what else to tell you bro I'm not bashing your car. It is what it is it's beastly it truly is a muscle car it's huge and heavy.

At least I finally got to see where you were coming from you were looking through the eyes of an old car. It's all personal preference man your car is awesome things get better though.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:36 AM   #443
14Black1LESS

Quote:
You're right I'm an idiot Ward Automotive is an idiot everybody's an idiot except you. Because if I don't you'll just keep on continuing on just like that screaming little girl you have an avatar as and wine and wine and repost stuff and you won't stop and I can't handle it anymore man.

Everybody on here knows I never talk smack about a 6th gen SS. Everybody on here knows your car is nowhere near as fast as a 6th gen SS.

Everybody on here knows your car weighs a ton more than a 6th gen.

I believe the only V8 you can be defending is the one in your car which is a great V8 I love the LS engine just your car is really damn heavy man.

I don't know what else to tell you bro I'm not bashing your car. It is what it is it's beastly it truly is a muscle car it's huge and heavy.

At least I finally got to see where you were coming from you were looking through the eyes of an old car. It's all personal preference man your car is awesome things get better though.
I love your grammar! It is whine not wine.

NOW, you are wanting to compare my car to a 6th Gen SS. All along it was the V6, then V6 1LE, then the I4, and how could I forget the 4th Gen SS. I guess next you will want to compare it to the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE. Please put down the crack pipe. You make yourself look like an idiot.

Really, a ton more. You do know how much a ton weighs right??? Apparently not. I didn't know 200-400lb was a ton. Damn, learn something new everyday.

Again, I already agreed the 5th Gen was heavy. So what is your point, besides that you only think weight matters when it comes to handling.

Yep, a four year old car is REALLY old. Damn I hate that old technology. One of these days you will grow up and learn to not paper race then you will see cars for what they really are. Until then good luck with what you believe.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:45 AM   #444
IMadeYouReadThis

Quote:
I love your grammar! It is whine not wine.

NOW, you are wanting to compare my car to a 6th Gen SS. All along it was the V6, then V6 1LE, then the I4, and how could I forget the 4th Gen SS. I guess next you will want to compare it to the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE. Please put down the crack pipe. You make yourself look like an idiot.

Really, a ton more. You do know how much a ton weighs right??? Apparently not. I didn't know 200-400lb was a ton. Damn, learn something new everyday.

Again, I already agreed the 5th Gen was heavy. So what is your point, besides that you only think weight matters when it comes to handling.

Yep, a four year old car is REALLY old. Damn I hate that old technology. One of these days you will grow up and learn to not paper race then you will see cars for what they really are. Until then good luck with what you believe.
It's actually a substantial amount of weight the 6th gen SS weighs less than the 5th gen V6 Camaro.

Your car stock is 4.5 seconds the V6 equivalent of your car is 4.9 seconds. I've only said that about 10 times that's the comparison they're both 1le models so it would be interesting to see what would be better overall on a track.

Anyways man keep up the good fight and keep on twisting up words.

I've been very careful because I like a lot of guys that are on the 5th gen form and I'm not going to bash their car just to take a shot at you.

The 5th gen in the 6 gen are completely different beasts. I like the fifth gem especially the 2010 to the 2013 model. I think the 2014 2015 leave a lot to be desired in the looks Department though.

But I will say again your Avatar's perfect you
Old 09-05-2017, 10:54 AM   #445
Risky Justice

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:

Shit man, you're from Ontario...not Quebec. English if your first language...maybe put some effort in, you know? Anyway, you guys have lost your minds .

The Camaro is not a practical car in any way. This car sucks for everything except two things: acceleration and handling. Sure, the interior is pretty nice and the exterior is very nice, but does that all make up for the fact that there isn't much of a trunk, only a midget can comfortably fit in the back seat, and gas mileage is so-so. It just seems odd to not want the higher performance options, when you're doing with a car like this.

The ATS is though, if you want the V6--just saying. The Camaro is a sports car, yes, which is why the V6 NA engine makes no sense to me. The 4 cylinder turbo should be the only other engine choice; unless they're going to offer a twin turbo V6, at which point the V8 would either need to be offered as twin turbo, or become irrelevant (this will happen eventually anyway). If you're going to modify the car at all--this is my opinion anyway.

We all have our opinions though, and it's obvious none of us are going to change each others minds
Old 09-05-2017, 10:54 AM   #446
14Black1LESS

Quote:
It's actually a substantial amount of weight the 6th gen SS weighs less than the 5th gen V6 Camaro.

Your car stock is 4.5 seconds the V6 equivalent of your car is 4.9 seconds. I've only said that about 10 times that's the comparison they're both 1le models so it would be interesting to see what would be better overall on a track.

Anyways man keep up the good fight and keep on twisting up words.

I've been very careful because I like a lot of guys that are on the 5th gen form and I'm not going to bash their car just to take a shot at you.

The 5th gen in the 6 gen are completely different beasts. I like the fifth gem especially the 2010 to the 2013 model. I think the 2014 2015 leave a lot to be desired in the looks Department though.

But I will say again your Avatar's perfect you
That is not "substantial" weight. But again, believe what you want. According to you, 200-400lb is a ton.

AGAIN, 0-60 times do not mean squat when it comes to a road course. I've only said that, I don't know how many times but again you are paper racing and only know 0-60 times.

Look in the mirror when it comes to twisting words. I've quoted you numerous times with what you wrote. I haven't twisted anything, only you.

You can take a shot at me all you want. I could really give two shits about it. We don't have to like each other but you do need to learn the facts which apparently will never happen.

Everyone has a different opinion of what they like. If you like the '10-'13 5th Gens more then good for you.

As for the avatar comment....
Old 09-05-2017, 11:01 AM   #447
IMadeYouReadThis

Quote:
That is not "substantial" weight. But again, believe what you want. According to you, 200-400lb is a ton.

AGAIN, 0-60 times do not mean squat when it comes to a road course. I've only said that, I don't know how many times but again you are paper racing and only know 0-60 times.

Look in the mirror when it comes to twisting words. I've quoted you numerous times with what you wrote. I haven't twisted anything, only you.

You can take a shot at me all you want. I could really give two shits about it. We don't have to like each other but you do need to learn the facts which apparently will never happen.

Everyone has a different opinion of what they like. If you like the '10-'13 5th Gens more then good for you.

As for the avatar comment....

So basically your point is the V6 is not good enough to put in the Camaro you're still going on about the turbo 4.

I don't know what to tell you man I gave you links from GM I gave you links from Ward the V6 is quite good I can't change your mind on it that's fine.

I'm glad you liked my comment on your avatar the screaming girl seems perfect for you
Old 09-05-2017, 11:04 AM   #448
IMadeYouReadThis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risky Justice View Post
Shit man, you're from Ontario...not Quebec. English if your first language...maybe put some effort in, you know? Anyway, you guys have lost your minds .

The Camaro is not a practical car in any way. This car sucks for everything except two things: acceleration and handling. Sure, the interior is pretty nice and the exterior is very nice, but does that all make up for the fact that there isn't much of a trunk, only a midget can comfortably fit in the back seat, and gas mileage is so-so. It just seems odd to not want the higher performance options, when you're doing with a car like this.

The ATS is though, if you want the V6--just saying. The Camaro is a sports car, yes, which is why the V6 NA engine makes no sense to me. The 4 cylinder turbo should be the only other engine choice; unless they're going to offer a twin turbo V6, at which point the V8 would either need to be offered as twin turbo, or become irrelevant (this will happen eventually anyway). If you're going to modify the car at all--this is my opinion anyway.

We all have our opinions though, and it's obvious none of us are going to change each others minds

Ok bro the V6 sucks you win