Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 11-08-2012, 09:05 AM   #4621
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
It's been dead here for the past week unfortunately, but oh well.
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #4622
jose1003

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Cyber Gray
Yeah been so lonely, well me been sooooo busy too, well you all take care, see you all soon
Old 11-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #4623
Boricua

Drives: 2010 2SS Yellow Camaro
Just came up to say hello to everybody. Hope you guys have a nice weekend. I will be working hehehehe. I should get off early hehehe. in any case you guys meet in the afternoon.
Boricua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #4624
Aguilar

Drives: 02 Z06
Anyone going to the autocross tomorrow at Cohen Stadium?
Aguilar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #4625
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Na, tight on funds to make the event. I've been really wanting to get into it, but the way that the bills have been coming in, it's just getting hard to even take the Camaro out for the weekends and filling up the tank. Let me know how it goes.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #4626
Aguilar

Drives: 02 Z06
Great event this morning. Low attendance made it even better since we were able to do 4 timed runs + 4 fun runs. Next autocross should be in February - March; you can Like Pan Am SCCA on Facebook for announcements.

Aguilar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:16 AM   #4627
xfactors

Drives: 2014 2LT vette with Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactors View Post
Guys, this info may have been posted here about a million times, I don't know, but if anyone here is interested in corvettes, here's the corvette forum.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...iscussion-142/
This forum doesn't permit political discussion, but the corvette forum does, if anyone here is interested in that sort of thing. It's quite a lively discussion over there. I've already made lots of "friends" over there.
xfactors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:30 AM   #4628
xfactors

I just wanted to add that I've been reading quite a bit in the detailing section of this forum. I thought I knew how to take care of a car, but detailing is quite complex. What's the best compound to use when polishing your car, wet sanding your paint, installing a clear bra, etc. Whew.And then you have to worry about not making the problem worse, when you try to correct a problem. It's kind of endless all the different advice.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:30 AM   #4629
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactors View Post
I just wanted to add that I've been reading quite a bit in the detailing section of this forum. I thought I knew how to take care of a car, but detailing is quite complex. What's the best compound to use when polishing your car, wet sanding your paint, installing a clear bra, etc. Whew.And then you have to worry about not making the problem worse, when you try to correct a problem. It's kind of endless all the different advice.
Yean man, It's not just simply spraying water on your car, wax, polish and you're done. Like for instance with me, I wash (non-hard water), blow dry, clay, scratch and haze remove, wax, polish, remove wheels from car and clean inside wheel wells, scrub down tires, back to black all plastic trim, clay windows, and so on. Black is definitely the worst color to own if you cherish the shine appearance of you car. If you want a really good outline of what to do to keep your baby scratch free and glistening clean check out www.adamspolishes.com. There they will have a list of videos on not only how and what to do to keep your car clean but also provide little tidbits that you really won't find on a regular car forum. Their products are world class and are now the official cleaning products of GM. If I may make a suggestion brotha? Stay away from Armor-all. That stuff is cheap and will ruin certain components on your vehicle, such as your dash. If you use basic armor-all on your dash, not only will it leave that nasty greasy shine, but it will also increase the cracking potential created by exposure to direct sunlight.All-in-all, you get what you pay for.

@Aguilar: Right On, good run. Though it looked like it got a little wiggly at the end, hahaha. I'm just messing,I'm not that good on the track, but I do want to get better at it after taking the trainings at C5Fest2. It's just a tad expensive for me right now, and a couple of cats that I know in EP that used to do this said the same that as of right now they have to put off the organization cause money's a tad bit tight.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #4630
Sabot

Drives: ZL1 Gone :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
Yean man, It's not just simply spraying water on your car, wax, polish and you're done. Like for instance with me, I wash (non-hard water), blow dry, clay, scratch and haze remove, wax, polish, remove wheels from car and clean inside wheel wells, scrub down tires, back to black all plastic trim, clay windows, and so on. Black is definitely the worst color to own if you cherish the shine appearance of you car. If you want a really good outline of what to do to keep your baby scratch free and glistening clean check out www.adamspolishes.com. There they will have a list of videos on not only how and what to do to keep your car clean but also provide little tidbits that you really won't find on a regular car forum. Their products are world class and are now the official cleaning products of GM. If I may make a suggestion brotha? Stay away from Armor-all. That stuff is cheap and will ruin certain components on your vehicle, such as your dash. If you use basic armor-all on your dash, not only will it leave that nasty greasy shine, but it will also increase the cracking potential created by exposure to direct sunlight.All-in-all, you get what you pay for.

Char1ieone where you live? I'm dropping my car at your place to get the full meal deal
Sabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #4631
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Heck, I have no prob doing it if ya need it. I just ask money to purchase some products and a 6-Pack of Santa Fe Brewing Ste Pen Porter.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:55 PM   #4632
Sabot

Drives: ZL1 Gone :(
Quote:
Heck, I have no prob doing it if ya need it. I just ask money to purchase some products and a 6-Pack of Santa Fe Brewing Ste Pen Porter.
I'm serious PM me what you need...I suck at this detailing shit
Sabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #4633
xfactors

Quote:
Damn, I wished you lived in El Paso. I would join you for this project. It would be interesting. I'd bring a lot of my own products. Sabot's car needs a real nice wax job for protection. It would be easier to wash, after a good wax job. Dirt would come off much easier. Be careful not to get wax on any plastic parts. To get wax off plastic parts, try white eraser, blue Dawn soap, or peanut butter, or possibly Isopropyl rubbing alcohol, or possibly olive oil. TEST SMALL AREA FIRST. I got just a little bit of wax on my rear diffuser, and got it off with white eraser I got from Albertson's. Couldn't believe I did that, because I was trying to avoid that rear diffuser like hell.

Distilled white vinegar diluted with water (3 parts water to 1 part vinegar) to get off any water spots on paint. Again, TEST SMALL AREA FIRST.

http://www.vinegartips.com/Scripts/p...wSec.asp?id=10

I'm wanting to keep my tail pipes looking brand new, both inside and out. Right now I'm cleaning them with Simple Green. I just bought some chrome polish I want to try out on them. I have 300 miles on my car, and right now my tail pipes still look brand new. Nice, clean, and shiny inside and out.

I like those $1.25 car wash places for cleaning my wheels. I spray wheels with Simple Green, let soak 2 or 3 minutes, then blast with soapy water. I then wipe wheels with rag wet with water and Simple Green. I then spray with wheel cleaner, THAT'S SAFE FOR ALL WHEELS, let soak for 2 or 3 minutes, then blast with rinse water. My wheels look brand new. Brake calipers look brand new. So far I haven't needed to take wheels off. I only use wheel cleaner THAT'S SAFE FOR ALL WHEELS. If it doesn't say that, I won't buy it.

I'm still a neophyte on detailing, but I'm learning. I dont know anything about paint sealant, or aggressive car polishing compound, and don't use them, because I don't know what I'm doing with those things. I just wax my car. And I've never used a porter cable, or rotary buffer, because I don't know what I'm doing with those either. I'd probably screw up my paint using that stuff. Burn the paint, and all that crap. My first rule for detailing is try not to do any damage.

Last edited by xfactors; 11-13-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:24 PM   #4634
PIANOMN
Epic; Winning!

Drives: 2010 1SS ABM
Sooo... Whats up??

Tags
everyone loves gigachip, giga's sister is crazy!! lol!!, gigachip is awesome, gigachip iz silly, gigachip loves clay aiken, gigachip s rediculous, i laugh at gigachip, offset is marobody2001