Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-14-2013, 10:24 AM   #4845
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
That thing is going nowhere. Even that idiot Pelosi says it's not making it out of the Senate.
I know...that's what makes it so idiotic.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:38 AM   #4846
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Is there a form letter we can send out to every news agency out there to explain why using the terms "assault weapon" or "assault rifle" just makes them look like uneducated/ignorant morons?

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #4847
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Got my White House "response".

Here's the canned "we read the subject line of your email" response from POTUS. I'd like everyone to pay particular attention to sentence one of paragraph two. Tell me what you see wrong there

Dear XXX:

Thank you for taking the time to write. I have heard from many Americans regarding firearms policy and gun violence in our Nation, and I appreciate your perspective. From Aurora to Newtown to the streets of Chicago, we have seen the devastating effects gun violence has on our American family. I join countless others in grieving for all those whose lives have been taken too soon by gun violence.

Like the majority of Americans, I believe the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to bear arms. In this country, we have a strong tradition of gun ownership that has been handed down from generation to generation. Hunting and sport shooting are part of our national heritage. Yet, even as we acknowledge that almost all gun owners in America are responsible, when we look at the devastation caused by gun violence—whether in high-profile tragedies or the daily heartbreak that plagues our cities—we must ask ourselves whether we are doing enough.

While reducing gun violence is a complicated challenge, protecting our children from harm should not be a divisive one. Most gun owners agree that we can respect the Second Amendment while keeping an irresponsible, law-breaking few from inflicting harm on a massive scale. Most also agree that if we took commonsense steps to curtail gun violence, there would be fewer atrocities like the one that occurred in Newtown. We will not be able to stop every violent act, but if there is even one thing we can do to reduce gun violence—if even one life can be saved—then we have an obligation to try.

That is why I asked Vice President Joe Biden to identify concrete steps we can take to keep our children safe, help prevent mass shootings, and reduce the broader epidemic of gun violence in this country. He met with over 200 groups representing a broad cross-section of Americans and heard their best ideas. I have put forward a specific set of proposals based off of his efforts, and in the days ahead, I intend to use whatever weight this office holds to make them a reality.

My plan gives law enforcement, schools, mental health professionals, and the public health community some of the tools they need to help reduce gun violence. These tools include strengthening the background check system, helping schools hire more resource officers and counselors and develop emergency preparedness plans, and ensuring mental health professionals know their options for reporting threats of violence. And I directed the Centers for Disease Control to study the best ways to reduce gun violence—because it is critical that we understand the science behind this public health crisis.

As important as these steps are, they are not a substitute for action from Congress. To make a real and lasting difference, members of Congress must also act. As part of my comprehensive plan, I have called on them to pass some specific proposals right away. First, it is time to require a universal background check for anyone trying to buy a gun. Second, Congress should renew the 10-round limit on magazines and reinstate and strengthen the assault weapons ban. We should get tougher on those who buy guns with the purpose of selling them to criminals, and we should impose serious punishments on anyone who helps them do this.

These are reasonable, commonsense measures that have the support of the majority of the American people. But change will not come unless the American people demand it from their lawmakers. Now is the time to do the right thing for our children, our communities, and the country we love. We owe the victims of heartbreaking national tragedies and the countless unheralded tragedies each year nothing less than our best effort—to seek consensus in order to save lives and ensure a brighter future for our children.

Thank you, again, for writing. I encourage you to visit www.WhiteHouse.gov/NowIsTheTime to learn more about my Administration’s approach.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #4848
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Old 03-14-2013, 04:05 PM   #4849
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Freaking idiots.

"The Senate Judiciary Committee has approved a bill that would renew and strengthen the assault-weapons ban. The bill, which passed on a tight 10-8 vote, now heads to the Senate floor where it faces an uphill battle."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...t-weapons-ban/
It will never make it out of the Senate. Even if it somehow does pass the Senate, the Republican controlled House will squash it.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:22 PM   #4850
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
It will never make it out of the Senate. Even if it somehow does pass the Senate, the Republican controlled House will squash it.
Yea...I know. But that's what makes it so stupid. Why don't these morons spend their time working on something that might actually do our country some good? Instead they spend weeks in committee meetings, and then push something out in an effort to make a statement.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #4851
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
Here's the canned "we read the subject line of your email" response from POTUS. I'd like everyone to pay particular attention to sentence one of paragraph two. Tell me what you see wrong there
Interesting that you received a response from the POTUS. I received one canned response from a rep in my area and I received 2 responses from other reps in my area saying that they would represent my views.
PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:16 PM   #4852
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Yea...I know. But that's what makes it so stupid. Why don't these morons spend their time working on something that might actually do our country some good? Instead they spend weeks in committee meetings, and then push something out in an effort to make a statement.
Because they are exactly as you call them.......morons. I have yet to figure out how to understand their frame of mind. There are no words.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:01 PM   #4853
kalimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoRS View Post
Interesting that you received a response from the POTUS. I received one canned response from a rep in my area and I received 2 responses from other reps in my area saying that they would represent my views.
I've gotten one from Feinstein, Boxer, and now POTUS. But lots of people just received the same email this morning. It addresses nothing.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
Old 03-14-2013, 10:32 PM   #4854
KeepItShut

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Is there a form letter we can send out to every news agency out there to explain why using the terms "assault weapon" or "assault rifle" just makes them look like uneducated/ignorant morons?

That term will never go away... And I've tried educating people ("No, that's not what AR stands for") but the media has polluted the public beyond repair
KeepItShut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:56 AM   #4855
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Kind of like the polluted concept of nuclear power. Oh well.

So, I will leave this gem with y'all for today
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #4856
kalimus

Some 80% lowers that are in stock for those interested.

http://shop.diyarmory.com/

http://www.80percentarms.com/

Old 03-15-2013, 12:41 PM   #4857
jonnyb

Drives: IBM 2SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to jonnyb
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Haha do I even dare ask how much ammo is?
Right now I have been lucky. I have a local dealer that is not jacking up his prices. So I was able to get it for $2.79 a round while he has it in stock. That is for the PMC 660gr
Old 03-16-2013, 04:37 AM   #4858
Zieke
Camaro Deprived

Drives: 78 Camaro, 00 Tahoe, 10 Cobalt
Send a message via MSN to Zieke
Ok, to break up the political fire that we all love to hate on, I'd like to ask the more experienced and knowledgeable here if i could get some help with some info.

I just purchased a Colt M4 LE6920 and im looking to get some magazines and would like to get a good simple scope for it as well. Such as a 3.4x or something like that. Would really like to get the set up that has the scope and the holographic site together but the scope can swivel over out of the way. A friend of mine was talking about that a little while ago. I live in Hawaii too. so i gotta deal with their insane rules too. but I'm from Idaho and i shoot a lot when i get the chance to go home now and then.

Oh, and on that note. Does anyone know if there's anything stopping me legally from taking my gun home on vacation from hawaii to idaho and then back? Can't really find anything that clearly states weather i can or can not.

Thank you all!!!

Joined Active Navy: 10-28-08
Zieke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun