Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-05-2011, 08:37 PM   #477
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@vararam.com View Post
Yes -all our filters are washable-reusable and I just got off the phone with Green Filter and they are shipping me some "white" filters as you all requested!!!! Will have the filters by end of the week. Getting very close!!!!!
I will see some of you next week in Phoenix! I will be with the guys from Maryland Speed so come by and bend my ear!!(Just please don't bite it off!!!!)
Thanks
Steve
Vararam Industries
Will try to stop by
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:29 PM   #478
Kmorpheus
Account Suspended

Drives: Green Dream Machine
Yes -all our filters are washable-reusable and I just got off the phone with Green Filter and they are shipping me some "white" filters as you all requested!!!! Will have the filters by end of the week. Getting very close!!!!!

Steve I hope you are still leaving the green filters as an option. I think it will look really cool in my Green Camaro.
Kmorpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:44 PM   #479
verboten

Drives: Black
Did you notice any increase in engine temperature? The 6" by ~15" air duct seems to block a significant amount of area in front of the radiator. I suspect that GM has calculated the airflow required to pass through the radiator and I'm concerned the airflow has been reduced.

Does a hotter engine affect the MAF, HP and engine life?
verboten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:34 AM   #480
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by verboten View Post
Did you notice any increase in engine temperature? The 6" by ~15" air duct seems to block a significant amount of area in front of the radiator. I suspect that GM has calculated the airflow required to pass through the radiator and I'm concerned the airflow has been reduced.

Most of the unit is above the radiator. The engine will not get hotter... Even if the unit where blocking the radiator, the thermostat will open up wider and sooner bringing your coolant temps back down.
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:20 AM   #481
sales@vararam.com

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmorpheus View Post

Steve I hope you are still leaving the green filters as an option. I think it will look really cool in my Green Camaro.
Got them in green also if you so desire!!!!!
sales@vararam.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:34 AM   #482
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verboten View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
Most of the unit is above the radiator. The engine will not get hotter... Even if the unit where blocking the radiator, the thermostat will open up wider and sooner bringing your coolant temps back down.
The piece that extends down in front of the radiator doesn't seem to affect engine temp. While the entire piece may be 6" from top to bottom, in reality, only the last 2.5" or so actually sits directly in front of the radiator. The rest is behind the core support and above the radiator. GM certainly didn't calculate the bare minimum amount of radiator area and use that in their design. There is a plenty of cooling capacity in the design, even with the area blocked by the Vararam intake.

As for temps, my car usually bounces between 197.2-199.4 while moving. If I get stuck at a long light, it might creep up to 205 or so. I monitor it using an UltraGauge so I can see what the ECM is reporting down to the tenth of a degree. The highest I've seen it go is about 220 but that was after sitting in stop and go traffic for 45 minutes doing 0-10mph when it was 84 degrees outside.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:26 PM   #483
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
if my gf didnt get me the injen for my birthday next week, Vararam will be my next mod
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:10 PM   #484
Kmorpheus
Account Suspended

Drives: Green Dream Machine
So what do you guys think of the Vmax TB. For the price and the minimal performance gains I am just not sure that the two products would enhance or hinder what each other is doing.
Kmorpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:17 PM   #485
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
So what do you guys think of the Vmax TB. For the price and the minimal performance gains I am just not sure that the two products would enhance or hinder what each other is doing.
Additive affect is rare with multiple add ons, however the antagonistic affect (one going against the other) is highly possible and then there is the null affect. No plus or minus but curent status quo.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:25 PM   #486
AUS10BMX

Drives: 2010
Ok, so I haven't checked this thread in a while, and were the gains for the intake what I think it said!?
AUS10BMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:26 PM   #487
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Quote:
From talking with Patrick @ Vararam, there is probably more gains to be had if time was spent smoothing out the inside of the intake manifold rather than the work being done on the VMax TB. From the looks of this picture, I'd say he is probably right...that's not smooth at all in there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS10BMX View Post
Ok, so I haven't checked this thread in a while, and were the gains for the intake what I think it said!?
Yep!
Old 04-06-2011, 02:29 PM   #488
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
if my gf didnt get me the injen for my birthday next week, Vararam will be my next mod
Bummer....I meant Happy Birthday!

You can always sell the Injen if you get a new GF...can't have remnants of the past reminding you of your ex now can you...
Old 04-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #489
LLT'MARO

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6/6Spd
Been following this thread for a while, very interesting. Looks like the air intake I'm going with.

As far as the intake manifold goes it looks like it's time for someone to get a spare intake manifold and run an abrasive flow machining experiment like the did on the old SVT Contours.
LLT'MARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:16 PM   #490
BUMBLE1

Drives: 2LT/RS
Waiting

I'm hoping we hear something on Friday... getting geeked.
BUMBLE1 is offline   Reply With Quote