Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 02-01-2020, 05:37 PM   #477
Maxwell_Bently

Drives: 2014 2SS
I'm thinking of doing this, but I've never soldered before. Should I leave this to someone more able or is it something I can do as long as I take my time? Anyone have any instructions or a 'How-to' they can pass along. Thanks
Maxwell_Bently is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 09:28 PM   #478
Maxwell_Bently

Drives: 2014 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell_Bently View Post
I'm thinking of doing this, but I've never soldered before. Should I leave this to someone more able or is it something I can do as long as I take my time? Anyone have any instructions or a 'How-to' they can pass along. Thanks

Ok so I went for it, the urge was to great. I hoped on Amazon and bought a soldering kit for $15 and also some flux. Next I did a total count of how many lights I would need and of what color (this thread was an amazing help all the way around) then hit Oznium (those guys effn rock btw) and put my order in. Also got some ABL door LEDs, figured I would do those to. Amazon order hit yesterday and I patiently waited for all my led goodies which came today. My thought process was simple...try something small first so I plucked out the HUD controls, broke it all down till I had access to the circuit board and the 3 LEDs that I was gonna switch out and just go for it (after a few pointers from YouTube videos). I was done in 7 minutes it came out very nice and matches the new door leds. I'll post pics of it all when I'm done. So to all those who have never soldered before and want this mod, it's really simple to get started and once you get the hang out of it you'll laugh at yourself for being so nervous to try it.
Attached Images

Last edited by Maxwell_Bently; 05-30-2021 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Uploaded pics of finished project
Maxwell_Bently is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 09:04 PM   #479
Mhoward08

Drives: Black 2SS/RS Silver Hood/Hockey
I can't tell from the pictures so does anyone know how the digital instrument cluster screen connects to the board? The screen on my 2010 SS is peeling/wrinkling and it's getting to the point of being unusable in bright conditions. Everything else works fine so I'm hoping I can just buy a used instrument cluster to pull the screen from and avoid reprogramming.