Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 08-24-2011, 11:41 AM   #519
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdapilmoto View Post
What location (number) was that 20 amp fuse in? I would like to know in case I run into this issue when I do mine.
#33 towards the front of the car.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:23 AM   #520
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNo View Post
You would just need a SPDT switch to select between the dome circuit and constant power. See diagram attached.

Yup.
Where would you get the 'constant' power from. I used a SPDT switch and connected to the dome curcuit and the ambient circuit. I figured I could use the dome circuit for car shows and have it on constantly but it times out after 10 minutes and switches itself off - has anyone got a way around this?

Never mind - I found an earlier post - in case anyone else wants 'constant' power, the link is here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135406

Last edited by GoPaul; 08-28-2011 at 11:45 AM.
GoPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:49 AM   #521
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]

Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamaro View Post
#33 towards the front of the car.
Thanks!
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:53 PM   #522
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
I literally had no idea what I was doing but I'm done and it looks awesome! It was kinda fun trying to figure it all out and after I changed some wires around and everything lit up I was screaming happy joy!
Old 12-03-2011, 02:42 PM   #523
SM0KE
IN THE CIRCLE

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Ive read this thread many times.
I have everything needed to do the mod.
For some reason Im scared to try it though.

SM0KE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:22 PM   #524
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
jump in

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM0KE View Post
Ive read this thread many times.
I have everything needed to do the mod.
For some reason Im scared to try it though.
Jump in and getter dun.Easy mod with great results.Not hard at all.Go over everything two or three times in your mind and just go do it.So easy.
Well worth it !
Old 12-10-2011, 02:08 AM   #525
cactuseater

Drives: .
Wish me luck! Going to install the AAC foot well LED strips (ABL Color) tomorrow in both of my Camaro 5th gens. Using the passenger side kick panel "gray" wire method rather than contorting myself to the orthopedic surgeon with the under dash gig. Installed the ABL color LED's in the dome and trunk so far, liking the color for entry/exit...matches the stock dash and door ambient perfectly, looks sharp. With the under dash ABL LED strips wired in to match the performance of the theater dimming dome this should be killer. THEN, afterwards, it's a switchable LED installation for cup holders, ambient/accent interior lighting using the Oznium LED's.
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:29 PM   #526
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2019 1SS/1LE
I installed mine but I want them to come on with my dome light and I also want to be able to have them on or off while driving via the switch provided by AAC.. What part am I missing? Currently I can only get them to turn on and off if the dome light is on. I have a SPST switch just need to know how to wire that. I have the lights on 1 prong, ground on 1 prong, and the grey wire on 1 prong. Where would I put the wire from the cigarette lighter for constant power? Does your key have to be in the ignition for the power to the cigarette lighter to be working? Thanks!!
MackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:58 PM   #527
Neffarious

Drives: 2012 SS (2SS/RS, M6, IOM/Blk Rally)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMan View Post
I installed mine but I want them to come on with my dome light and I also want to be able to have them on or off while driving via the switch provided by AAC.. What part am I missing? Currently I can only get them to turn on and off if the dome light is on. I have a SPST switch just need to know how to wire that. I have the lights on 1 prong, ground on 1 prong, and the grey wire on 1 prong. Where would I put the wire from the cigarette lighter for constant power? Does your key have to be in the ignition for the power to the cigarette lighter to be working? Thanks!!
I just got done wiring mine where I can have constant power, dome power or off completely. I used a black SPDT switch (off/on/off throw) from radio shack.

1. I ground my footwell lighting like explined in the first post of this thread.

2. Footwell lighting goes to the center prong on the SPDT switch

3. Left prong to dome lighting.

4. Right prong to my traction controll yellow wire.

I am at work right now but I still have all the packaging at home. I can list the part numbers when I get home if you would like.

In your next picture post, DIY guide, or advertisement thread take a moment and think of the color blind guy. Thanks.
Neffarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:17 PM   #528
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

I wonder if they have round switches like that. I've already drilled a hole the size of the AAC switch...
Old 12-19-2011, 07:01 PM   #529
Pharmaro

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS
I also used the SPDT toggle from radioshack to wire my footwells/rear seat/grille/puddle lights to both the dome and cigarette lighter. For the cigarette lighter to be powered, the ignition does need to be in the on position.

If you wanted the rocker type switch, Oznium has one at http://www.oznium.com/rocker-switch though I'm not sure if the diameter would match AAC's
Pharmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:30 PM   #530
Tavo32

Drives: LFX LT/RS
Got mines done over the weekend! I never would have known to tap into the correct wire if it werent for this! Thanks so much!
Attached Images

Old 12-20-2011, 06:54 AM   #531
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Pharmaro how did you use that switch with the cigarette plug and everything. I have one of those switches already it just doesn't have enough poles for how many wires I've got.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:15 PM   #532
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neffarious View Post
I just got done wiring mine where I can have constant power, dome power or off completely. I used a black SPDT switch (off/on/off throw) from radio shack.

1. I ground my footwell lighting like explined in the first post of this thread.

2. Footwell lighting goes to the center prong on the SPDT switch

3. Left prong to dome lighting.

4. Right prong to my traction controll yellow wire.

I am at work right now but I still have all the packaging at home. I can list the part numbers when I get home if you would like.

So your switch doesn't have a ground wire going to it? Just the lights are grounded? If that's the case then all I have to do is tap into the cigarette lighter plug and switch the ground wire to the LEDs instead of the switch.