Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #5573
KeepItShut

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
OK...let's talk suppressors. Looking at the following:

Surefire SOCOM762-RC or AAC 762-SDN-6 (7.62)

Surefire SOCOM556-RC or AAC M4-2000 (5.56)

Silencerco .45 Osprey or AAC Ti-rant .45 (.45)

SilencerCo SS Sparrow or AAC Element 2 (.22)

I'm leaning towards the bolded. I know AAC is very popular, but there are things I like about each one.

On the 7.62 and 5.56 I really like Surefire's fast-attach system.

On the Osprey .45, it's unique looking and sits lower as to not affect standard sites.

On the Sparrow I've heard it's just much easier to clean, which is obviously more important on a .22 can.

I'm also still trying to figure out if I should get a dedicated 5.56 can, or just use the 7.62.

Thoughts?
Surefire cans are awesome if you don't mind shelling out the extra cash! I would get a 7.62 first and if you're satisfied with it on your 5.56 then just call it a day. I've never thought there was that big of a difference when putting a 7.62 on a 5.56. You wouldnt be disappointed with the SF cans though, I've witnessed the Mini 5.56 next to the M42K and they had the same amount of decibel reduction to my ears ( def. shouldn't be that way cause the M4 is 1 in. longer ). Just goes to show the quality product they put out

As far as pistol suppressors go Id lean towards the AAC, but haven't used the SilencerCo before, not sure how many threaded pistols you have besides the FNH 45 where the sights would interfere. The Tirant 45 is a great can, and its super lightweight. Elements good also cause it can handle the different calibers besides 22 LR, not sure about the Sparrow
KeepItShut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #5574
IH8OPEC
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Drives: 2010 VR/W 2SS/RS L99
I like AACs cans, I have my eye on this one for my BMG.

http://www.advanced-armament.com/CYCLOPS_p_417.html
Old 09-18-2013, 11:23 PM   #5575
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
looking of adding a new toy to my collection. Torn between a bolt action 270 or a 308, going with either Remington or Wetherby. Ill take your opinions on both, pro's and con's.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #5576
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItShut View Post
Surefire cans are awesome if you don't mind shelling out the extra cash! I would get a 7.62 first and if you're satisfied with it on your 5.56 then just call it a day. I've never thought there was that big of a difference when putting a 7.62 on a 5.56. You wouldnt be disappointed with the SF cans though, I've witnessed the Mini 5.56 next to the M42K and they had the same amount of decibel reduction to my ears ( def. shouldn't be that way cause the M4 is 1 in. longer ). Just goes to show the quality product they put out

As far as pistol suppressors go Id lean towards the AAC, but haven't used the SilencerCo before, not sure how many threaded pistols you have besides the FNH 45 where the sights would interfere. The Tirant 45 is a great can, and its super lightweight. Elements good also cause it can handle the different calibers besides 22 LR, not sure about the Sparrow
Thanks for the input. I know the Osprey is actually a hair lighter than the Ti-rant, but I think it's only 1/3 of an ounce. Currently it would go on my FNX-45 Tactical and my Kriss Vector, but I'm not sure what I'll end up with in the future.

On the 5.56/7.62, I've been trying to decide whether or not to go ahead and get both, because I'm afraid I may not be able to later. Right now I can get a trust to buy the cans, but with the executive order Obama sent down that may not be the case for long. He's proposing to the ATF that all trusts will have to be signed by a CLEO, which will NOT happen in Harris County. That's why I'm thinking of getting everything I can since it may not be possible after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8OPEC View Post
I like AACs cans, I have my eye on this one for my BMG.

http://www.advanced-armament.com/CYCLOPS_p_417.html
Everyone I've spoken to says you can't go wrong with either. I do like Surfire's connection system though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper12b View Post
looking of adding a new toy to my collection. Torn between a bolt action 270 or a 308, going with either Remington or Wetherby. Ill take your opinions on both, pro's and con's.
I'd say go with the Remington 700 in .308. There's just so much aftermarket available for that weapon.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #5577
VRCamaroSS

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS
Well I had a guy at my work who has his FFL order me a FDE Scar 17S. Who knows when I should get it cause I heard backorders out from 2 months to 6 months. I know I could look on gunbroker or armslist but have read about scams on there and not taking chances to get it sooner.
VRCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #5578
KeepItShut

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS
Russ, what executive order are you talking about? And why go after the Class 3 stuff, its already a pain in the ass!
KeepItShut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #5579
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Executive order? I'm not clear on this
Old 09-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #5580
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Recently, on August 29, 2013, Obama issued an executive order to the BATF to look into closing the Gun Trust alleged “Gun Trust loophole.”
http://www.class3classifieds.com/oba...trust-control/
Old 09-21-2013, 04:42 PM   #5581
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Quote:
I'd say go with the Remington 700 in .308. There's just so much aftermarket available for that weapon.
I think im going to go with the .308, now its just a matter of which brand.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #5582
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
He's proposing to the ATF that all trusts will have to be signed by a CLEO
The only thing the executive order said was to require trusts and corporations to do background checks because right now they aren't required to however most do anyway. The CLEO requirement was proposed by the ATF almost a week before the executive order was given.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:24 PM   #5583
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItShut View Post
Russ, what executive order are you talking about? And why go after the Class 3 stuff, its already a pain in the ass!
Because he's trying to appeal to his crazy left leaning base. The measures don't actually do anything, but since when does that stop the government?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Executive order? I'm not clear on this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
That's the one. Thanks.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:34 PM   #5584
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Here's the proposed regulation if you want to read the whole thing.

https://www.atf.gov/sites/default/fi...r-firearms.pdf
Old 09-21-2013, 06:09 PM   #5585
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper12b View Post
I think im going to go with the .308, now its just a matter of which brand.
Find a local gun shop and try themi on for size, I think there's a Bass Pro Shop down there. Any modern 308 will be plenty accurate for hunting, and with good ammo will shoot better pattern than I can aim.

Stay away from the cheap plastic stocks in any brand. If you can put moderate side pressure on the forearm and it moves, it's a cheap stock.

Stay away from cheap optics.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #5586
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
Find a local gun shop and try themi on for size, I think there's a Bass Pro Shop down there. Any modern 308 will be plenty accurate for hunting, and with good ammo will shoot better pattern than I can aim.

Stay away from the cheap plastic stocks in any brand. If you can put moderate side pressure on the forearm and it moves, it's a cheap stock.

Stay away from cheap optics.
Yeah, there is gun show this weekend that im going to check out. I was looking at Redfield or Nikon for the optics

Tags
camaro gun