Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-05-2011, 09:23 PM   #43
Civin

Drives: '10 RJT 2LT/RS, 02 Grand Am SE
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye David View Post
Turn the car off and open the door and look at the rear view and see if the onstar light is still lit and green. If it is then you still have a problem. While at the dealer this evening they got it to reset in a similar fashion but the onstar/bluetooth stay on after the keys are removed and the door opened.
Kudos for this advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civin View Post
I would encourage other members here to keep an eye on their mirror just to verify that those lights are turning off when you take the keys out the ignition and open the door (or verifying their phones aren't connected to their Camaros just by being in range without the key in the ignition). It can't hurt to check.
As previously mentioned, I would strongly encourage that owners on this site check for this issue. You may have a malfunctioning VCIM and not be aware of it at all. I'm thinking that there is an underlying cause to this, as more owners are experiencing the same symptoms within a similar time period.
Civin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:46 PM   #44
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Is anyone having this problem with the latest version of OnStar (with phone app capability)? A few folks in our car club have started having these problems this week, but they're all 2010 model cars.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:27 PM   #45
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
Is anyone having this problem with the latest version of OnStar (with phone app capability)? A few folks in our car club have started having these problems this week, but they're all 2010 model cars.
Sounds like its all 2010's, noones mentioned a 2011 yet. Makes sense actually since the hardware is different between the two.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 04:52 AM   #46
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye David View Post
Turn the car off and open the door and look at the rear view and see if the onstar light is still lit and green. If it is then you still have a problem. While at the dealer this evening they got it to reset in a similar fashion but the onstar/bluetooth stay on after the keys are removed and the door opened.
Had to go look.... Yep, your right, it's still on.

Well, this "fix" made no sense to me. Like you said, I still have a problem.

Did your dealer have anything else to offer/say about this?

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Unknown
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:53 AM   #47
JChen

Drives: 2010 SIM 1LT RS
Does anyone know if the difference between the '10 and '11s OnStar is simply the module? If so, I wonder if the dealership could swap out our defective modules with the newer '11 OnStar module effectively giving us '10 owners the OnStar App functionality.
JChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:31 PM   #48
Derek_2LT-RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Angry won't shut off, so battery died

I had the same thing happen to me last weekend. Tried to use On-Star for directions, then got nothing. Tried On-Star again, nothing. Emergency On-Star; nothing. Satellite phone; nothing. Radio; nothing. After two days of this, the battery died. After a jump-start, I see everything is back to normal and reset. If this happens again, I will disconnect battery and wait over night for the computer(s) to reset themselves, then reconnect the battery post.

Good luck to all,

Derek.
2010 2LT RS
Derek_2LT-RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:28 PM   #49
Hawkeye David
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS
Jammt2ss has a 2011 vert and had the issue when he first picked up his car so I don't think it's isolated to the 2010. I'll have to wait and see what the dealer has to say about my V6 since they couldn't get the module reset Friday and put it off until Monday.
Hawkeye David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:05 AM   #50
SolidOrange

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Mine is working again. OnStar is off.
Go figure...
SolidOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:02 PM   #51
hot_rod

Had the time today so figured I would work on this problem.

Took the car out and tried to connect to onstar, system immediately froze up again. Almost duplicated problem except the bluetooth system worked and it freed up the radio display when I called out and the call went through.

Returned home and called onstar tech support via the home line and their 888 number. They had me return to the car and call them via the red button / emergency number and ask for a transfer to tech support. Tech support put me on hold and after about 3-5 minutes returned and said everything appeared normal.

....and in fact everything seems to be working OK now.

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Unknown
Old 08-07-2011, 09:02 PM   #52
Yellow Camaro

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Off topic- but Rogue Leader, are you the same Rogue Leader that used to post on nethirdgen.org? I don't know what happened to that place, I noticed it disappeared. Any of that crew make their way over here?
Yellow Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:18 AM   #53
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Camaro View Post
Off topic- but Rogue Leader, are you the same Rogue Leader that used to post on nethirdgen.org? I don't know what happened to that place, I noticed it disappeared. Any of that crew make their way over here?
Yeah thats me. .org closed but nethirdgen.com is the new forum. Same maniacs.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:09 PM   #54
chica67

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Cyber Grey
Sorry if I missed this, but did anybody get a resolve to this? I do not use OnStar even though I have it. But always use my bluetooth with my Blackberry. It connects as soon as I get in my car. The past two days, it will not connect. Is this still an ongoing issue?
chica67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:00 AM   #55
hot_rod

Chica67 - thanks for the bump - I have been wondering how everyone has been making out on this is - as in post #51, mine is still working OK....

Old 08-11-2011, 07:54 AM   #56
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Mine won't be back from the body shop for a few weeks so I won't have a resolution till after that. Interested to know if anyone else knows?