Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 04-14-2022, 08:45 AM   #43
NOT A 45

Drives: 13 CAMARO 2SS LS3-04 SILVERADO LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
True. Which is exactly why it’s curious at best, and hypocritical at worst, for the ‘Green Party’ to be promoting this so called fix. As usual, it fixes little but the feel-good quotient is more important. Fill ‘er up and drive…
These would be the same people who helped cancel the Keystone Pipeline. So now we continue to transport less than a tenth of oil per day that the pipeline would have been capable of delivering, and do so by rail car burning an exorbitant amount of diesel fuel in doing so. But it was cancelled over environmental concerns? What separates common sense from stupidity? The Potomac River!
NOT A 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 08:52 AM   #44
Scotavo
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Caprice PPV 2014 Caprice PPV
The Greens all over the world don't care about the environment, global warming or climate change. They want world government, open borders and multi-culturalism, free abortions, free sex change operations and legalized pedophilia.
Scotavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 08:54 AM   #45
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
That sucks. I go to a Sheetz off of I-78 and it’s drastically cheaper. We just had a Rudders open up with E85, but I don’t know the prices yet. We desperately need more stations that carry it as I have to drive 15-20 minutes one way to get to the Sheetz.

Edit- screen shot just now from the My Sheetz ap on my phone:
$3.89 for E85 at Speedway. I can get regular at GetGo for that price using their Advantage Pay. But GetGo doesn't sell E85. E85 is cheaper at Sheetz, $3.42. Except no Sheetz near my commute sells it. I daily a '15 STI with an added flex fuel kit, bigger turbo and full bolt ons. 17 mpg on "E85", which is slightly cheaper per mile than running 93. Or I daily an Expedition, 17mpg on 87, 13mpg on "E85". No matter what I do, I'm still at about the same cents/mile. The Camaro is only a good weather weekend car, 18mpg on 93.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 09:00 AM   #46
NOT A 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotavo View Post
The Greens all over the world don't care about the environment, global warming or climate change. They want world government, open borders and multi-culturalism, free abortions, free sex change operations and legalized pedophilia.
Sounds about right....err, I mean left! lol
Old 04-14-2022, 10:53 AM   #47
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbubba View Post
I made my point. E15/88 octane is available year round at every gas station that has an 88 octane selection on the gas pump in my area. The available does not go away during the summer. I use it whenever I can in one of my vehicles.
Must be a regional thing because like you, we have had E15 for years as well. And like you, ours is available years round as well. So fortunately for us in a sense nothing changes really. Now if they were to mandate 15% across the board then that would be a different story. I just looked at my manual and it seems my Camaro would still be good with 15%. But until they mandate that she will continue to get non ethanol.��
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 12:16 PM   #48
NOT A 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
Must be a regional thing because like you, we have had E15 for years as well. And like you, ours is available years round as well. So fortunately for us in a sense nothing changes really. Now if they were to mandate 15% across the board then that would be a different story. I just looked at my manual and it seems my Camaro would still be good with 15%. But until they mandate that she will continue to get non ethanol.��
That is not true....look at my post number 6. That is a bulletin I received from GM. Anything not flex fuel equipped should run on no more than 10% ethanol.
Old 04-14-2022, 12:41 PM   #49
Silveradoss573

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT A 45 View Post
That is not true....look at my post number 6. That is a bulletin I received from GM. Anything not flex fuel equipped should run on no more than 10% ethanol.
Then gm should send me a updated owners manual then. It continues to amaze me over the past few years being a member with regards to all the conflicting info with these freaking cars. ie...Lug nut torque, brake caliper bolts, fuel requirements and so on.

Last edited by Silveradoss573; 04-20-2022 at 10:03 PM.
Old 04-14-2022, 01:23 PM   #50
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Not sure why I’m reminded of a drinking analogy but, 1-2 drinks a day for women and 2-3 is the ‘safe’ limit. Can you ‘operate’ on 4-6 drinks a day? Sure. Will it do damage over time? I’m told it will. But it takes a while. Don’t ask how I know.
Old 04-14-2022, 01:25 PM   #51
NOT A 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
Then gm should send me a updated owners manual then. It continues to amaze me over the past few years being a member with regards to all the conflicting info with these freaking cars. ie...Lug nut torque, brake caliper bolts, fuel requirements and so on.
I agree that's misleading....I gave you the latest information I have from my GM website. They say no more than 10% but if you run 15% it may lead to performance issues and a check engine light. Translation: It's not going to be covered under warranty!
Old 04-14-2022, 01:26 PM   #52
NOT A 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Not sure why I’m reminded of a drinking analogy but, 1-2 drinks a day for women and 2-3 is the ‘safe’ limit. Can you ‘operate’ on 4-6 drinks a day? Sure. Will it do damage over time? I’m told it will. But it takes a while. Don’t ask how I know.
My uncle has been putting that to the test for 77 years.......I conclude thats fake news! lol
Old 04-14-2022, 01:29 PM   #53
Silveradoss573

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT A 45 View Post
I agree that's misleading....I gave you the latest information I have from my GM website. They say no more than 10% but if you run 15% it may lead to performance issues and a check engine light. Translation: It's not going to be covered under warranty!
No problem and thanks for the latest info. Like I said earlier, only non ethanol for my Camaro here.
Old 04-14-2022, 08:22 PM   #54
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1

If you don't want to watch the video, it would not surprise most of us that forced 10% ethonol in gas is a dumb decision and increasing it to 15% is increased stupidity.
Yes I run e85 for power, that's not the point.

This video addresses the false idea of decreased CO2, it doesn't even cover less food production. Now that a large grain producing country has been decimated why would we care that we waste corn in gas? Let's go Brandon.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 05:46 AM   #55
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
yes our idiots in chief do some things that are truly insane,probably started cutting gas with ethanol to prop up corn prices back when there was too much corn.now they are like junkies hooked on the spike of false beliefs and cant get off the corn squeezins.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 06:15 AM   #56
Scotavo
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Caprice PPV 2014 Caprice PPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
yes our idiots in chief do some things that are truly insane,probably started cutting gas with ethanol to prop up corn prices back when there was too much corn.now they are like junkies hooked on the spike of false beliefs and cant get off the corn squeezins.
Well, no. The first cars ran on ethanol because refined gas was hard to find. 110 years ago anyone in agriculture (~30% of those working) could easily make ethanol and so ran their vehicles on it. It then was known as an octane booster for the next 50 years, still exported as such. By the early 2000's adding it to pump gas was all about more money/profit for big oil. The Greens were duped. Same reason for E15 and E85, dedicated products equals more profit potential.
It's never about climate change, its always about $. Which would be fine if they didn't lie about why.
Scotavo is offline   Reply With Quote