Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-31-2014, 09:30 PM   #43
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Didn't you own a transformer car before.....
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:46 PM   #44
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
You did good pulling over and playing it safe. Plus now you have a great story to tell!! 1LE looks sharp in yellow! Welcome!
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:43 AM   #45
RallyellowRS

Drives: 2012 2LT RS
Nice! My favorite color.
RallyellowRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:26 AM   #46
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
That's cool you had the brains and self control to park it. A lot of people would have pushed it and tried to make the last few miles.

Congrats on the Camaro! It's a beautiful car. Your girlfriend isn't bad either.
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:42 AM   #47
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
I hate to be the barer of bad news but those tires will crack and are not supposed to be driven or even see under 40 degs. they are summer only tires. Its in your manual.
Apparently thats an issue with the Corvettes too, maybe the same tires. My buddy has an Order in on a C7 and already planned to buy a second set of wheels/tires.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:18 PM   #48
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Nice car!

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:01 PM   #49
MattSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 CGM
The summer tires were a big part of your trouble. I was foolish and drove through 2.5 winters with my P-Zeros. They didn't crack, but they were slick in cold weather and useless (also terrifying) in any amount of snow. They wear down much more quickly if you mistreat them like that as well. I think I got a grand total of 11k miles out of them. Rolling on G-Max all weather performance tires now and finally have the funds available to buy a second set of rims and a good set of winter tires later this year.
MattSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:52 AM   #50
flyinlow

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructo09 View Post
Apparently thats an issue with the Corvettes too, maybe the same tires. My buddy has an Order in on a C7 and already planned to buy a second set of wheels/tires.
The Corvettes come with Michelin's and they are seeing some of the same issues, although there is no warning in the owners manual for it other than saying that driving on summer tires in cold temps can be difficult.
flyinlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:10 AM   #51
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBonfiggy View Post

Hello everybody, I am the proud new owner of a 2013 Camaro 1LE 2SS/RS. I would like to thank everyone on this forum for all the help that they have provided me in finding this Camaro and want you all to know that it is much appreciated!

Anyways, I picked her up yesterday (well sorta) and I thought I might share my experience with you guys.

The day started off great, I woke up at 4:30am and I went down with my dad to go check her out. We made pretty good time on the way down there and were greeted by a salesman with the keys in his hand waiting for us. We had told him the day prior that we were coming to take a look but he figured we were pretty serious since we drove over 4 hours just to go see it. He threw the keys at my dad and told him to take it for a spin. I ended up purchasing it and anxiously waited to drive her off the lot.

This car is my dream car and now my pride and joy. I have saved up for this car since I was 14 years old and can proudly say I paid for it 100% on my own.

Anyways, this was my first time ever driving stick shift or a high power car and I am a fairly new driver so I was very nervous. On the way home it began pouring rain and I was driving with white knuckles I was so nervous. Every so often the car would fishtail out to the side and begin hydroplaning because of the Goodyear tires it has with such little tread.

I made it within 20 miles of my home and I heard on the radio that there was a winter storm advisory issued and they were expecting up to 7 inches of snow overnight. At this point, I can hardly even get the car to move forward and it was very uncontrollable. I drove past at least 5 other people that either slid into the freeway wall or were in the ditch on the other side. I limped it off the freeway and made it to a safe parking lot where I had to leave her for the night. I was so sad that I had to leave my one day old dream car in some parking lot covered in snow but there was no way I would have been able to make it the 5 more miles that I had to go to get home without crashing her. I am going later today to take her home officially once the roads clear up and cannot wait!

Thought you guys might enjoy this story as it was definitely a very memorable day! Here are some pics of right after I picked her up and also where I had to leave her for the night.

Attachment 612049

Attachment 612050
Phew! That's better.

NOW it's a great story. Before, it was just one long paragraph.

Congrats on your new 1LE.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."

Last edited by Baba; 04-02-2014 at 08:22 AM.
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:21 AM   #52
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^I agree it's easier to read, but let's not give the guy a hard time. Let's just be happy for him.

Hey... I'm proud of you! So far, it sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulders and I must say, your parents must be very happy to have a son who's got some GOOD common sense! Working to pay for the car on your own (how'd that happen, btw?! That's a LOT of cash to save up!) and having the brains AND nerves to leave it in a random parking lot overnight... WOAH!

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:21 AM   #53
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Oh...and I fixed your pix for you. You can edit them before posting to they are right side up.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:24 AM   #54
matthew9440

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Hell yeah man! Great looking 1LE and girlfriend! Talk about a lucky dude!

matthew9440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:28 AM   #55
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Congratulations on your 13 1LE, I love the yellow and black combo with this package! I just wanted to personally thank you for supporting GM and Team Camaro :-). The Oshawa 1LE Build Team sends our best regards. Enjoy your new Camaro. Cheers from Canada :-)

Mike Judge
Super60

In Memory of Dawson Ellert .
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:11 PM   #56
Youngone

Drives: Supercharged 2013 2SS/RS
Congratulations on your car! I know how you feel about saving up to finally buy the car in your dreams. I finally saved enough cash after 2 years to buy my 13 2SS/RS. From 14-16 i dreamed of it and finally got it. Your car looks amazing, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. I don't look like I'm 16, Being honest, I look about 12. And every time I pass some one, I get a WTH look. Congratulations and way to be smart. Cheers.
Youngone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro 1le, snow, story