Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-02-2015, 03:47 PM   #43
chris_camaro21

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS/RS
I like the badge, just not sure if I would put it on my car or not...
chris_camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 03:36 PM   #44
trublucamaro

Drives: 1967 Camaro
Is anyone capable of getting these? I'd like to get a couple. Not for a car, for a clock project...
trublucamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 05:22 PM   #45
mushin77

Drives: 2015 Commerative Edition 2LT RS
I'm kind of annoyed with the fact that people are putting these on their non-ce camaro. I have a CE and part of why I bought is was for the uniqueness of the package.. Something that sets my camaro apart from many of the others. For this reason I'm glad it is restricted as I personally don't think it is right to "badge" a car as something it is not.

Don't take this as me trying to tell people what they can and can't do with their car.I just trying to point out the other side of the coin.. For ever non-ce camaro with this badge it detracts a bit from the real CE ones out there. It erodes the uniqueness of the CE to a degree.

So for anyone that may see my point please consider not putting these on your non-ce and let the Commerative Edition stand on its own.
mushin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 05:29 PM   #46
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushin77 View Post
I'm kind of annoyed with the fact that people are putting these on their non-ce camaro. I have a CE and part of why I bought is was for the uniqueness of the package.. Something that sets my camaro apart from many of the others. For this reason I'm glad it is restricted as I personally don't think it is right to "badge" a car as something it is not.

Don't take this as me trying to tell people what they can and can't do with their car.I just trying to point out the other side of the coin.. For ever non-ce camaro with this badge it detracts a bit from the real CE ones out there. It erodes the uniqueness of the CE to a degree.

So for anyone that may see my point please consider not putting these on your non-ce and let the Commerative Edition stand on its own.
Kind of like all the Camaro's I see with the ZL1 bumper that are clearly not a ZL1. But whatever it's their car, they can do whatever they want with it. But just try to put something on my SS that badges or makes it look otherwise and you'll get a black eye.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 05:36 PM   #47
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Don't take this as me trying to tell people what they can and can't do with their car.

That would be exactly what you are doing.

Order up!

http://www.lhmchevypartshq.com/oe-gm...889?origin=pla

http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-GM-Emb...%2823171889%29
Old 04-27-2016, 05:37 PM   #48
mushin77

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post
Kind of like all the Camaro's I see with the ZL1 bumper that are clearly not a ZL1. But whatever it's their car, they can do whatever they want with it. But just try to put something on my SS that badges or makes it look otherwise and you'll get a black eye.
This is a good point as the CE does have the zl1 spoiler and a front splitter. Then again that was the package the mfg made. But then again badging is a bit different in my eyes as that is what "labels" the edition. Certifies it if you will...
Old 04-27-2016, 05:40 PM   #49
mushin77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
No I asked them to consider it if they shared my point of view. At no point did I tell anyone to do anything... Nor did I tell anyone they were wrong for putting the badge on their car. I justshared my opinion without attacking anyone else's opinion
Old 04-27-2016, 05:53 PM   #50
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Quote:
Don't take this as me trying to tell people what they can and can't do with their car.

Order up!

http://www.lhmchevypartshq.com/oe-gm...889?origin=pla

http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-GM-Emb...%2823171889%29

Quote:
No I asked them to consider it if they shared my point of view. At no point did I tell anyone to do anything... Nor did I tell anyone they were wrong for putting the badge on their car. I justshared my opinion without attacking anyone else's opinion
No, you are just asking people to NOT put them on their non CE vehicles, but go ahead and delude yourself, you did say "Please".

Quote:
bla bla bla my car is so "special" ....snip. _Please consider not putting these on your non-ce and let the Commerative Edition stand on its own.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:56 PM   #51
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Too expensive and ugly actually for me to be interested. But for someone looking for a more unique decoration for their car, I say go for it. It's probably, slightly less common because some dealers do not sell it.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:12 PM   #52
mushin77

Quote:
Too expensive and ugly actually for me to be interested. But for someone looking for a more unique decoration for their car, I say go for it. It's probably, slightly less common because some dealers do not sell it.
Build counts show 2300/and change on the number of Commerative Editions. Mixed between pait colors, Lt, ss, coup and verts. While not extremely limited they are not over produced. From reading other posts about the badging there seemed to be a reasonable number of people that wanted this badge bit did not specifically recognize the orign
Old 04-28-2016, 01:24 PM   #53
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Quote:
Build counts show 2300/and change on the number of Commerative Editions. Mixed between pait colors, Lt, ss, coup and verts. While not extremely limited they are not over produced. From reading other posts about the badging there seemed to be a reasonable number of people that wanted this badge bit did not specifically recognize the orign
I like this badge:

I just don't get why they are so pricey.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:02 PM   #54
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Oh, what do we have here, a partial 1LE? Please don't wrap your hood, black spoiler, paint your calipers red, and black 1LE/ZL1 rims! It dilutes the 1LE, after all in 3 years, I've seen 3 of them. Doesn't bother me one bit. No worries from me, if my car came with that ce badge, I would remove it. That's just me, not trying to offend anybody. Heck, from time to time I get compliments that I have a nice looking Mustang!
Attached Images

Old 04-28-2016, 02:24 PM   #55
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Oh, what do we have here, a partial 1LE? Please don't wrap your hood, black spoiler, paint your calipers red, and black 1LE/ZL1 rims! It dilutes the 1LE, after all in 3 years, I've seen 3 of them. Doesn't bother me one bit. No worries from me, if my car came with that ce badge, I would remove it. That's just me, not trying to offend anybody. Heck, from time to time I get compliments that I have a nice looking Mustang!
Yeah WTF?, nice looking Charger anyway Rag.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:34 PM   #56
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Yeah WTF?, nice looking Charger anyway Rag.
, If you do this to your Camaro, do you think that you will offend other boats?
Attached Images