Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-17-2010, 02:36 PM   #43
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
It is official now, minus the official press release. A GM Dealer can order them from us today and they are GMPP parts.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:07 AM   #44
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
pete what is the ride quality like on the xa coilovers vs the stock lt setup in reguards to daily driving
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:26 AM   #45
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro4mybday View Post
pete what is the ride quality like on the xa coilovers vs the stock lt setup in reguards to daily driving
Though I'm not an owner, nor have I taken more than a single drive/ride in a OEM suspension SS and another with Xas (both made about the same power), but the ride, to me, seemed GREAT. Not even considering the performance aspect, the car with the Xas suspension NEVER crashed going over pretty large dips and road irregulararities. In just about a whole day of riding along, there was absolutely NO concerns or complaints I could come up with. That car didn't even have the full complement of Pedders catalog (only the sway bars were from another company, but that was the only other alteration to the suspension in addition to the Xas), but it was SO awesome!!! This was just street driving. I haven't been privileged enough to enjoy any track time, but I can definately see there's going to be a lot of stick.

JMVHO Go find someone and ask for a ride

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:31 AM   #46
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Nice. I just wish I hadn't got my Pedder's Solution B two weeks ago :(

I want the ones with the GMPP sticker....
Old 08-18-2010, 11:17 AM   #47
YancyJohns

Drives: Camaro Performers Magazine
That's Fantastic Pete!! Congratulations, well deserved. I new after I drove the Pedder's car at Gingerman, it's handling was superb and the feel was gratifying. I can't wait to get a set for myself!!
Camaro Performers Magazine SS/RS- 416 stroker, MagnaCharger TVS2300, DSE Sway, Baer 6S Brakes, Forgeline Wheels, BFG Rival, JBA Long tube/Exhaust, Center-Force Clutch, BMR-sfc,ta,tr, Energy Suspension poly kit, ADM CAI & Fuel pump, Norris PCV/Tune, Lingenfelter GT-9 cam, DSS 9" rear ind rear, Innov. West pulleys/8 rib, Pedders Super cloil-overs, MGW shifter,/Seibon/ Anvil carbon Fiber. Owner-American Street Car Series and as seen on R U Faster than a Redneck?...lol
YancyJohns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:46 AM   #48
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Coilovers warranty is primary with PUSA. If the coilover is the problem it comes right back to my desk. The key with the GMPP affiliation is that these are a GMPP licensed part. Over the years GMPP has offered a range of parts that carry a disclaimer.

This product is intended only for use on race cars and/or off road vehicles and is not authorized for use on street vehicles.

With the OE level of performance found in a Camaro, I fully expect the Camaro products to be issued this way when the official press release is made. The other cars in the GM range will probably be less restricted. It doesn't matter. Pedders USA will warranty the coilovers as we always do. If your power seat or radio stop working, if your paint flakes off the fascia or if your AC blows hot air GM is not going to void your warranty because of GMPP coilovers on your car. If your tie rod end goes out at 2K I'll bet they cover it. If they don't call me. If you tie rod end wears out at 50k it is called maintenance

The key is the Dealers and GM will not be looking at your car like it just arrived from Mars. They will look at your GMPP installed parts and work with you -- especially if you had your GMPP parts installed by the GM Dealer.

The rules will be the rules when the press release is official. I can't change that, well at least not immediately When you buy a Berger or Henry or Sullivan modified Chevrolet Camaro it still has a GM warranty. Some of the mods may alter the GM warranty, but the complete warranty on the car is not voided. With Pedders coilovers being a GMPP part on your Camaro you will be in the same situation as these collectible Camaros unless the press release says put on these GMPP parts and your new car warranty is completely voided. That will not be the case.

If you have Pedders coilovers on your Camaro that do not have a GMPP sticker I don't think that matters either. Stickers fall off. If your emission systems stops working, your Dealer and GM will still cover it. Back to the tie rod end. If the tie rod end on a non-GMPP Pedderised Camaro fails at 2K I'll bet they cover it. What they won't do is say your car has strange suspension parts and run the other way. That is the real key to all of this.

Pedders is in the GMPP family which functionally translates to working WITH our GM customers. It is the difference between presumed guilt when arrested and presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Life is good with GM, GMPP and Pedders.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:13 PM   #49
JusticePete

Quote:
pete what is the ride quality like on the xa coilovers vs the stock lt setup in regards to daily driving
Excellent. Unlike most of the Camaro coilovers in the market Pedders coilovers adjust height by screwing into and out of the lower mount. The travel between the bumpstops is the same at max high as it is at max low. When you adjust height by spring perch the travel between bumpstops decreases as the car is lowered and that adversely impact ride quality.

Pedders XA coilovers adjust bound and rebound together so you can make them harder or softer. On a setting of six clicks up from full soft you have a ride that is every bit the equal of OE with greater control.

Pedders Xa coilovers have a wider than stock clevis. This widens the front track and allows for great negative camber with no additional parts required.

Pedders Xa coilovers are NOT inverted. Inverted coilovers have the most delicate wear component exposed to the harshest road environment -- the shaft seal. Dust, debris and dirt cause seals to wear. Inverted Camaro coilovers literally place this seal near the lower mount where they are exposed to maximum road grime. Inverted coilovers require routine maintenance because of this. Pedders Xa and Supercar coilovers has traditional upright orientation and dust boots just like your OE struts to protect the seals.

At the track our Camaro was setup for maximum performance, the same way I drive it every day. Everyone that rode in the Camaro including our guests from GM were not only blown away by the performance but impressed by just how civil the ride quality is even with 305/30/19 Bridgestone Re-11s all around.

I know this is a long answer, but the Xa range performs so well I can't stop talking about it.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:55 PM   #50
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
yes it is a very long answer pete but a very good one. one other question, are you guys gonna be at sema?
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:12 PM   #51
JusticePete

Quote:
yes it is a very long answer pete but a very good one. one other question, are you guys gonna be at sema?
SEMA is the most prestigious industry show in North America. I am proud to be a member of SEMA.

Last year we had a tiny spot almost invisible spot with the Australian trade group Austrade. That said, every single Camaro GM owned was on Pedders Xa coilovers including Jay Leno's. The back side of the GM booth was better than any booth I could possibly afford. We had had a Camaro in the Fessler Moss space. We had a Mustang in the Saleen booth. We even had a 2006 GTO with a 69 GTO body on Pedders in the West Coast Customs booth. We had other Camaros, Challengers, and I can't remember them all at SEMA. We will probably follow the same pattern this year.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:41 PM   #52
JusticePete

Just remembered there is a video floating around from the WCC show.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:43 AM   #53
SSambumbia

Drives: 2ss/rs black/black
Is only the Xa's coilovers or other suspension items from Pedders included?
Like say, the Track II kit. So if I have the coilovers and other suspension
upgrades I should be fine with GM warranty or I am toast. I see very few
people that would just put on the coilovers without any other suspension
mods.
SSambumbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:13 PM   #54
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSambumbia View Post
Is only the Xa's coilovers or other suspension items from Pedders included?
Like say, the Track II kit. So if I have the coilovers and other suspension
upgrades I should be fine with GM warranty or I am toast. I see very few
people that would just put on the coilovers without any other suspension
mods.
At this time only the coilovers and sway bars are Camaro GMPP parts.

There is a great deal of confusion about warranty. Let's say you installed a full Pedders Justice package and your battery goes dead and won't take a charge. There is no reason for GM or your dealer to not handle the electrical problem. Now if when you installed the Justice package you accidentally ripped out the main ground. That would have nothing to do with GM or GM warranty. If you installed a Justice Package and your tie rod end failed at 2k my guess is GM would take care of it. If they don't, call Pedders. If your tie rod end wears out at 50k that is called maintenance.

Some GM Dealers are more aware of aftermarket parts than others. Some GM Dealers are more friendly towards after market parts. My guess is a GM Dealer that installs you GMPP coilovers and the rest of a Justice package would be as fair as possible about any issues with your car as possible.

A side benefit to all of this is awareness. Let's say you bought your Pedders coilovers last year. You have a problem and go in to see a Dealer. They turn out to be an I-don't-like-after-market type of Dealer. You can walk them over to the GMPP catalog. Show them the Pedders bits, Google the Indy Pace Car press release and show them those Camaros had Pedders and ask them to take another look at your problem. This is not to say a GMPP part solves all warranty issues. A lower rear control arm that is notched from being lowered by Pedders and cut by the super duty 10,000 RWHP half-shaft is NOT going to be covered by GM warranty.

Our Pontiac and Saturn coilovers have received full GMPP approval. The Camaro details are still in process. In the past GM has approved GMPP parts for off road and racing use only. I will not be at all disappointed if that is the starting point for Pedders Xa and Supercar coilovers. Being GMPP licensed is a HUGE accomplishment for Pedders and benefit to Camaro owners. It allows you to order from your GM Dealer. It allows you to have them installed at your GM Dealer. The further we drive down this road together (GM, you the Camaro owner and Pedders) the better it will get for all of us as far as warranty.

Regardless of warranty, when was the last time you could order a coilover from GM for you new car and have it installed at a GM Dealer? This is a HUGE step forward for all GM enthusiasts and GM vehicle owners.

After all of this, there are a lot of people that just want a look and great ride quality. They will buy the coilovers as a stand alone item. Those owners of the 2010 Indy Pace Cars should be lined up for this. Every Indy Pace Car you saw on track was running Pedders Xa coilovers, Solution B sway Bars, Radius and Sub-Frame Bush Inserts. They can immediately contact their local Chevy Dealer and tell them they want to look just like the REAL Pace Cars and get the look installed at the GM dealer.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:36 PM   #55
Bruce@raymondsperformance

Drives: 2014 Z28 camaro
Or they can call their local Pedders dealer for the pace car up grade as well.
Bruce@raymondsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:45 PM   #56
JusticePete

Absolutely. A Pedders Suspenion Specialits like Bruce brings a lot to the table. How many years have you been racing and what is your points status this year?

Last edited by JusticePete; 08-20-2010 at 08:29 AM.