Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-19-2008, 03:46 AM   #43
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamestwilliams View Post
Nice, you know in parts of Canada it gets really hot in the summer parts of Southern BC can hit 45c (113f) on the hottest days.
Yes, I know. Just tryin to be funny. No disrespect. FWIW, I lived in Portland, OR for about 1.5 years, and kicked myself in the azz for NEVER crossing the border to visit BC.

I know how beautiful it is, and I know I should have gone there, BUT......

Shame on me.

BTW- I'm a hockey fan, too -- and I LOVE it when, during the playoffs, both anthems get their proper respects.

I learned the words to the Canadian anthem, and sang along with them, just because.

Cheers to our Canadian Neighbors!!!
Old 10-19-2008, 03:47 AM   #44
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KZ28_For_Now View Post
Yes, I know. Just tryin to be funny. No disrespect. FWIW, I lived in Portland, OR for about 1.5 years, and kicked myself in the azz for NEVER crossing the border to visit BC.

I know how beautiful it is, and I know I should have gone there, BUT......

Shame on me.

BTW- I'm a hockey fan, too -- and I LOVE it when, during the playoffs, both anthems get their proper respects.

I learned the words to the Canadian anthem, and sang along with them, just because.

Cheers to our Canadian Neighbors!!!
You're just really trying for that funny today aren't you?
Old 10-19-2008, 03:51 AM   #45
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
You're just really trying for that funny today aren't you?
Third time's the charm.

GO AWAY!!!!
Old 10-19-2008, 09:29 AM   #46
MB2010CC
Back in Black

Drives: 2010 Black 2LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KZ28_For_Now View Post
And, to add, the body and interior color in Texas REALLY doesn't matter.....if you can't park in a covered lot during the heat of the day, you WILL be BLASTED by a 110+ degree hit, each and every time you open the freakin' door.

It's just a matter of minimizing the impact.

I hope the Camaro's vent-fans can really bring the cool air in quick!!!

I'm confident that it will be good enough.

On an even funnier note -- the "2SS" leather seats come with "heated seats."

WHY would someone in the hotter climates EVER need heated seats!?!?!?

Save that for those wacky Canadians....

I don't know about texas but here in vegas it is 110+ for about a month out of the year. But in winter it gets to below freezing sometimes. I will be getting great use out of those heated seats. There is no in between here in Vegas. Freaking HOT! or Freezing COLD!

Last edited by MB2010CC; 10-19-2008 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Spelling
MB2010CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:22 PM   #47
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Take a look at the sig. All black (int/ext). Really....it's not that bad at all. I'd strongly suggest putting on some DARK tint to keep some of that heat out....like what I did. It works well.
OK, I have to ask...what % tint do YOU have on your car? It's all legal, right?
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:58 PM   #48
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
My wife's car is black with an Anthrcite interior and when it's 110 outside it's warm on the seat. After a couple minutes it's fine. FWIW, I'll be going black or titanium.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:12 PM   #49
Mormegil

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/07 Silverado 4.8
I live in Ft. Worth/ Baton Rouge and it really isn't bad. Every thing previously said is true: tint your windows or use a sunscreen and you'll be OK.

Is anyone else mildly disappointed that GM didn't offer the same interior colors on the 2010 as they did on the '04-'06 GTO? I would have loved to order my 2SS with that badass purple leather. Red or blue would have been cool too. But, black on black will still look ****ing cool.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Mormegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:14 PM   #50
LSxJunkie
Snark snark snark

Drives: RX350
G35 - Black Leather Interior

GTO - Black Leather Interior

IS250 - Black Leather Interior

That's three in a row now. And most of the time my cars are parked outside. It gets HOT. Even in the winter. My current car has these badass cooled seats though. The leather around your ass is perforated and there are fans mounted in the seats. All I have to do is turn the AC on and at the floor.....my friends call it the anti-swamp-ass.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:38 PM   #51
trans_am723

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to trans_am723
I have an ALL black interior with leather and in the summer the seats are stinkin hot!!! My steering wheel has leather on it and it also gets very hot. The heat eventually goes away in a few mins but in IMO its all worth it. BTW im from east texas and it gets hot!
trans_am723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:57 PM   #52
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
I have 8 cars, out of those 8 cars I think only 2 have interiors that are NOT black. I know I live in a area that is NOT known for this high summer heats but we do get up there for most of the summer.

My buick I drive to reno every year has black inteiro but its also a vert so that makes it worse. lol. we just take black towels with us to cover the seats before sitting down.

My 90 vette has black leather & its also a vert, not bad, The two camaros, have black & they are the worse. the 71 because it doesnt have AC & its a hard top & the 95 Zhawk because its black on black.

My truck & my husbands vette both have AC in them so it doesnt take long to get them cooled down to drive in them lol.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote