Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-06-2011, 01:11 PM   #43
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
I don't really know what could have happened, but the trooper wrote $256 on the citation. I just know that I was a very upset citizen lol. Would the county matter since it was a State Trooper? I live in Gadsden by the way, in case it's known for that kind of thing lol.
Yea... if you really want to get pissed off... the state has a basic guideline...the state sets the minimum at 50 dollars for 5-10 over (the money the state gets from a 5-10 over ticket) they give the county the freedom to set the remainder. Now, I don't know if that is regulated by anyone or if the county has free will to do whatever they wish... but orange county throws on another 50 or so, and the actual city only gets about 10-15 bucks.

Basically... it sounds like your county just hammered you hard. 256 for 10 over is absurd.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #44
Decibel JJ
Car nut

Drives: Tahoe Z71, Race cars
When I was a teenager, the judge once yelled at me that I was a "menace to the highway"

R.I.P. Evan .. A true Friend
Decibel JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:35 PM   #45
outlaw2

Drives: 12 SS/RS Conv, 66 Impala SS Conv
35 years on the road and no tickets so far. In the Navy we call that Undetected Crime and you actually get an award for making it 4 years flying under the radar. Called Good Conduct Medal
Old 08-06-2011, 04:56 PM   #46
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Be thankful you didn't get an overweight ticket. Truckers in Ca are fined $1 for each pound overweight. Average ticket is about $5,000.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 05:06 PM   #47
mothraisnotapokemon
nyaomi

Drives: yellow/black striped convertable2SS
I haven't recived any yet...but I did get one in my '03 elantra
Old 08-06-2011, 08:41 PM   #48
TJ's MARO

Drives: Fully Loaded Black on Black 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchnrican View Post
i'm only 23. so maybe the "never gotten a speeding ticket" thing won't always be true, who knows. But i've been driving for almost 9 years, since I got my permit at 15, so that's a pretty good amount of time.

I have gotten pulled over once though when I was 16. It was in the middle of the night and I was on a country road. No one else was around. I was driving my mom's golf which is a manual. I was going pretty fast (not speeding as far as I can remember) and the light ahead turned yellow then red. I panicked cause I wasn't all that used to driving a stick at the time so instead of trying to stop I just drove through it. A cop showed up out of nowhere . He asked me about it and I just said that the car was a stick and I was learning how to drive it. He just said "ok" and let me go.
haha that is awesome i wouldve done the same thing, went right thru it especially if you were just learning. the fact that he let you go is even more awesome

TJ's MARO is offline   Reply With Quote