Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-30-2016, 05:34 PM   #43
DOC52
THE U

Drives: Camaro 1SS/RS
Doesn't prefer autos, brings up how great GTR's are. GTR's are like vettes. They can go both ways, road course or drag strip. Guess you could say the same about a 1le. Just change everything about it being a 1le and you have a drag car.

I just find it funny. A couple local GT350 guys bought their cars to drag race. They beat themselves up about why they're running 12.7, losing to n/a manual 5.0s with weight reduction. And when I say losing, they are getting gapped (11.4 to their 12.7)

Again it's the car owners investment in time and money and they can do as they please. Just hope 1le guys don't beat themselves up as much as the gt350 guys when they lose to a lightly modded base model.
Old 10-30-2016, 05:53 PM   #44
Backtoblack1LE

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC52 View Post
Doesn't prefer autos, brings up how great GTR's are. GTR's are like vettes. They can go both ways, road course or drag strip. Guess you could say the same about a 1le. Just change everything about it being a 1le and you have a drag car.

I just find it funny. A couple local GT350 guys bought their cars to drag race. They beat themselves up about why they're running 12.7, losing to n/a manual 5.0s with weight reduction. And when I say losing, they are getting gapped (11.4 to their 12.7)

Again it's the car owners investment in time and money and they can do as they please. Just hope 1le guys don't beat themselves up as much as the gt350 guys when they lose to a lightly modded base model.
This is the comment I was waiting for. So let me ask you "Mr.Drag racer" would you want see a video of my "1LE" that "I will get upset when it loses to a base model camaro" beat a Z06 C7 ? If you want to see it just reply "I got an auto because it's easier to drive, since idk how" And I'll post it. GT350 isn't the only car under my belt. I can show you a full bolt on AUTO 16 SS if you'd like ? Just reply "I can't drive" for that video. Lmk. Get out of here with your 91 trap on the 1/8th. Add 13 MPH to it and then try me.

EDIT: I don't hate autos, my Cruze is an auto and I love the ablilty to eat and drive.
Backtoblack1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 06:06 PM   #45
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backtoblack1LE View Post
This is the comment I was waiting for. So let me ask you "Mr.Drag racer" would you want see a video of my "1LE" that "I will get upset when it loses to a base model camaro" beat a Z06 C7 ? If you want to see it just reply "I got an auto because it's easier to drive, since idk how" And I'll post it. GT350 isn't the only car under my belt. I can show you a full bolt on AUTO 16 SS if you'd like ? Just reply "I can't drive" for that video. Lmk. Get out of here with your 91 trap on the 1/8th. Add 13 MPH to it and then try me.

EDIT: I don't hate autos, my Cruze is an auto and I love the ablilty to eat and drive.
Just curious. But what kind of times are we talking in this 1LE you speak of? Your aware you don't win a drag race by how high of a trap speed your car hits....right? Me, I'd love to see a few drag racing videos. They never get old for me.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 06:13 PM   #46
Backtoblack1LE

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
Just curious. But what kind of times are we talking in this 1LE you speak of? Your aware you don't win a drag race by how high of a trap speed your car hits....right? Me, I'd love to see a few drag racing videos. They never get old for me.
Yeah I'm trying to keep these post interesting, maybe poke a few guys up. I'll post a video when he replies with what I want, but time slips I'd PM to you. I don't want him to know yet ! It's a secret. Btw I respect you're driving skills on that N/A 5.0.

EDIT: Correct trap indicates HP where as ET is more traction based ( with other factors as well ) car is on a M/T tire. Grips decent for the low side wall, 200$ I think well worth it.
Backtoblack1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 06:20 PM   #47
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Quote:
Yeah I'm trying to keep these post interesting, maybe poke a few guys up. I'll post a video when he replies with what I want, but time slips I'd PM to you. I don't want him to know yet ! It's a secret. Btw I respect you're driving skills on that N/A 5.0.

EDIT: Correct trap indicates HP where as ET is more traction based ( with other factors as well ) car is on a M/T tire. Grips decent for the low side wall, 200$ I think well worth it.
Cool. I'll wait til he requests videos. PM the timeslips. I'm not taking sides in this one. I just like to talk drag racing.
Old 10-30-2016, 06:21 PM   #48
wrtowman

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
2011 SGM Camaro 1SS/RS A6 - Vengeance Racing built/tuned. 590RWHP/560RWTQ, ADM LSA Conversion, 2.5 Grip-Tec, ZL1 fuel pump, ADM FPCM, FIC1000, VRPD2 Cam and LS3 Conversion with all the internal goodies, American Racing 1 7/8 Headers, no cats, SW Retro Cat Back, ADM Intake, AFCO HX, Varimax Pump, Rotofab Reservoir, B&M Transmission Cooler, VMAX TB, Elite Engineering CC, BMR LCAs, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, DSS 1000hp axles, ZL1 Bumper and Sideskirts, Night Owl Halos, Matte Black 20" Rohana RC-22 with 20x10-275s/20x11-315s, R1 Concept Premier Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.
wrtowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 07:24 PM   #49
DOC52
THE U

Quote:

Wish I still lived in Florida, I'd meet up with you man.

I don't have. 5.0. The gt350s just get smoked by them up here in the land of AED. I don't care to see your videos. I don't need to see you beat bad drivers. Because I smoked an acr viper does that mean I'm faster than a viper? No, it means the guy driving it was having a good time and was newer to drag racing.

I decided to get an auto because I drag race and wanted a high stalled auto for consistently and I wanted to leave hard, no need for the hostility. I run a baby cam and have traction.

Have fun making your 1le a dragster like it was intended to be
Old 10-30-2016, 07:27 PM   #50
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:

He has an auto so how can you respect his driving skills? He has an auto because he doesnt know how to drive....i thought I read that somewhere.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 07:42 PM   #51
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Unless you race for a living, racing an automatic and taking pride in winning is like winning a marathon while riding a moped. Sure you can say you did it and got first place, but only using a handicap.
Old 10-30-2016, 07:54 PM   #52
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
I do credit the mostly average to below average manual drivers for inventing roll racing. Once most figured out they weren't as good as they thought they had to come up with some kind of racing they can enjoy.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 08:01 PM   #53
mb13

Drives: 2015 Z28 #980
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYBORG View Post
You conveniently ignored the fact that the 16' model year starts the GT350 (base) at $48K. The reason the prices went up for model year 17' is because the base model now gets the addition of the TRACK PACK ($6.5K option for model year 16'). The prices for the 17's are $54K for the 350 and $62K for the 350R.

The vehicles are priced very well for the performance offered, not to mention pedigree.

The cars are not meant to be in everyone's budget, but for those who have the money, it is a helluva bargain.
How many people have really got a gt350r for the msrp 62k price?
mb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 08:13 PM   #54
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYBORG View Post
Unless you race for a living, racing an automatic and taking pride in winning is like winning a marathon while riding a moped. Sure you can say you did it and got first place, but only using a handicap.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:25 PM   #55
DOC52
THE U

This thread turned into a save the manual thread and somehow bashing handicapped individuals. Nice.

Also, to anyone with an auto: don't like your car, don't take pride in it and if you win, you should feel ashamed because you have an auto and never really win. Go swap your transmission unless you're racing for a living.

Last edited by DOC52; 10-30-2016 at 08:44 PM.
DOC52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 09:04 PM   #56
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Guys that say dumb things about drag racing a manual. Have never acutually tried it! The simple fact is. Your going to break more parts with a manual. I've drag raced a manual in the past. Clutches are expensive. There is no such thing as a good sixty foot with a manual. Without riding the clutch!