Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 06-16-2010, 08:30 PM   #43
CamaroMiami

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3, 92 Camaro RS
Put the plate on

and save the bail, court cost, and/or ticket money for a MOD!!!!!!!!!!!
CamaroMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:39 PM   #44
Roddd 1SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouseeSS View Post
Ya, I get sick of going to the ocean and snowboarding the same day. Not to mention all this sunshine and 80 degree year round weather sucks! Oh, but I would trade it all to not half to put on a front lic plate
Politics aside, This is the best state in the country for outdoor activity, and that includes driving my Camaro year round.
Don't forget about the beautiful women we're surrounded by! "I wish they all could be South Carolina girls..." yeah, just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Roddd 1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:51 PM   #45
2010rod
JAWS

Drives: 2010 2SS Silver Ice Metallic
Be a man, and go to jail; don't forget to carry a butt plug, and don't pick up the soap! J/K. I was followed this a.m. 6:45 by a patrol car on Mowry between 880 and Fremont Blvd.; he moved from the center lane to the number 1 lane behind me, and when I moved to the left turn lane at Fremont Blvd; I noticed him looking at me in his side mirror when we were at the light; so I; thinking he'll get me next time; if this was even him. Guess I'll pick up that retractable bracket.
2010rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:57 PM   #46
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabraddock View Post
Thanks Mindz and Chevygirl. I might have to take you up on that offer. I am looking for a hide-a-way plate holder. Does anyone know where I can get one?
I'm going to send you a PM in a moment.
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:05 PM   #47
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010rod View Post
Be a man, and go to jail; don't forget to carry a butt plug, and don't pick up the soap! J/K. I was followed this a.m. 6:45 by a patrol car on Mowry between 880 and Fremont Blvd.; he moved from the center lane to the number 1 lane behind me, and when I moved to the left turn lane at Fremont Blvd; I noticed him looking at me in his side mirror when we were at the light; so I; thinking he'll get me next time; if this was even him. Guess I'll pick up that retractable bracket.
Last I remember he rolls around in a truck with a camper

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:12 PM   #48
DetailAddict

Drives: .
yep! he used to on a bike until someone tried to run him over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Last I remember he rolls around in a truck with a camper
DetailAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:13 PM   #49
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
$10 bucks he's patrolling this thread too and taking names Anyone see that "Elmo Knows Where You Live!" clip? lol.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:05 AM   #50
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
The motorized front plate is cool if the front end of your car NEVER drags on anything, otherwise you will rip the plate and bracket right off. For those not familiar with Fremont, the population is 200k+ and I would like to think that there are better things to do for the police then chase down no front plate violations. I think the main reason they do that is because they seem to have many red light cameras there and hate losing a citation when there is no front plate on a car.

The first thing I looked for when I bought my car after the dealer prepped it was whether they installed the front bracket or not. The dealer left the bracket in the trunk and I didn’t have to sign anything. Car is still new with dealer plates so I don’t need the bracket yet. Will have to figure out a way to stay legit without drilling holes up front.
Silver2SSRS6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:17 AM   #51
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver2SSRS6spd View Post
The motorized front plate is cool if the front end of your car NEVER drags on anything, otherwise you will rip the plate and bracket right off. For those not familiar with Fremont, the population is 200k+ and I would like to think that there are better things to do for the police then chase down no front plate violations. I think the main reason they do that is because they seem to have many red light cameras there and hate losing a citation when there is no front plate on a car.

The first thing I looked for when I bought my car after the dealer prepped it was whether they installed the front bracket or not. The dealer left the bracket in the trunk and I didn’t have to sign anything. Car is still new with dealer plates so I don’t need the bracket yet. Will have to figure out a way to stay legit without drilling holes up front.
San Diego's got like 1.13 million and they flag us for plates on the front, lol.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:58 AM   #52
Chevyg1rl

Drives: Chevys
Wow. I thought Palo Alto was bad but the cop that pulled me over (in my Z) said the tint on my car looked sleek, told me it was illegal, and walked away.

I suggest no meets in Fremont until the bad popo-man retires!

Gary, you can come to Santa Clara to pick up the plate bracket if you want it
Old 06-17-2010, 03:05 AM   #53
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax86 View Post
Move to TEXAS!! problem solved!
Actually, in TX you are required to have that front plate. And, in TX, the officer can book the driver for anything traffic related but two offenses...open container and speeding.

So...lol
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:26 AM   #54
gabraddock

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro Rally Yellow
Thanks everyone for the help. I think I am going to buy the motorized hide-a-way plate bracket. I believe it's $120. Will let you know how it works out.
gabraddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:31 AM   #55
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Dang Gary that sucks!
Sorry to hear bud!

I got the bracket with my car. (Because the dealer installed it after asking them not to)

If I do ever put one on it will more than likely be motorized hideaway or some form of quick disconnect to the lower grille.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:56 AM   #56
ChevyThunder

Drives: pinto
This is why I have been running on my paper plate and the window sticker for almost a year now .....
ChevyThunder is offline   Reply With Quote